DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

1st Service = 1st dealer issue......!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
1st Service = 1st dealer issue......!

Just had a phone call from my dealer regarding the upgrade of my phone PTI to the contacts SIM lookup thingy (i even printed the TSB for them).

They've tried to do the Upgrade & they say the unit needs to be replaced if I want it at a cost of over £400!

I've 'discussed' with them that the vehicle details are covered under the TSB (VIN and MY info) and therefore I expect this to be a wty replacement. Thye've just done a total fob off to "speak to LR CS if I want to"
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Any decent dealers out there can provide me with further advice....?

Also they won't replace the wipers under wty as I've now done too many miles (even though it's been there since day one!)

I just think they're Censored off that I didn't buy the car from them in the first place.....
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #24363511th Jan 2008 3:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Makes me think why I didn't just find the time to get to LLR or Yeovil in the first place...... Embarassed
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #24364511th Jan 2008 3:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lakeland Land Rover

United Kingdom 

FYI

We have tried on a number of occasions to do the pti up grade and on every car it has rejected the download.

Still trying to fix it for Dr D as we couldn't get his to do it just before Christmas.

so that one may not entirely be the dealers fault.

Did you go/phone to the dealer at "day one" when your wipers were dodgy if so they should change them.

if not, it to them looks like you are after free wipers as they could only have started playing up?

I am not trying to defend them as they may very well be Censored . but i hope you can see where they are comming from.

Perhaps try ringing the supplying dealer and asking them to send you a set of blades Rolling Eyes

if you are loyal to a Dealership you normally find that they bendover backwards to try and help you within reason, as, they know that next time you want, a service, new car etc. you will come to see them. not (as in a lot of cases) head off somewhere else to save a couple of quid.

yes you may pay a little more initialy but the good relationship ultimatley saves time, money and effort in the long run.

Oops!

That is from me RPJ

NOT Lakeland
 Lakeland Land Rover
The Garage,
Torver,
Coniston,
Cumbria,
LA21 8BJ
Tel: 015394 41888 

Post #24365911th Jan 2008 4:17 pm
Disco 3 RS

2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #24366511th Jan 2008 4:23 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

On the wiper issue, as Land Rover know the wipers don't work due to the design, they should really replace them regardless of wear. I am a bit annoyed as my wipers aren't worn but make a horrible noise, so it is a design issue and not a wear issue.

You could pursue it with Land Rover under the fit for purpose rule, but I didn't think it was worth it myself, especially as the replacements don't appear to be as good as the Valeo one's (according to this site)

Post #24366711th Jan 2008 4:25 pm
JMC

Scotland 

countrywide wrote:
On the wiper issue, as Land Rover know the wipers don't work due to the design, they should really replace them regardless of wear.

I don't know that I agree with this Shocked It is fair to say that the wipers can judder etc, but I think it is more a case of being 'a feature of the car Sir' rather than a warranty issue. With this type of blade it's not a problem confined to LR. Personally, I'm prepared to put up with it rather than moan at a dealer - after all, it's small beer when compared to how good the car is overall.

If LR were to accept wipers as a warranty issue, they would be constantly changing them for almost every car and would need shares in a rubber company to keep up with it.

Perhaps I'm easy pleased, but I doubt if Disco3RS / RPJ would agree on that front........ Whistle
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #24367311th Jan 2008 4:34 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

I'm paying more for the local service (and because I did 2k miles too quickly) that either LLR or Yeovil quoted (great price by the way Thumbs Up ) so it's not just about saving money.
They had been great from a pre sales perspective and I gave them the chance to match the price I'd got when I bought the car, but they couldn't (or wouldn't) get anywhere even £1000 close to it so it went to a different LR dealer.

I didn't phone the dealer from Day 1 about the wipers, but did discuss with the service guy when I popped in to have a look at the Def2 a while back, but not formally.
LRCS have suggested that they can sort the wipers out & are going to discuss with the dealer about the BT u/g & hopefully get back to me this afternoon (pick the car up in an hour or so). I'm not bothered about the wipers (I have a pair of Valeo 665's waiting to go on if I can't get it under wty.

I can see where they are coming from, but it's their attitude of 'well you can call LRCS if you like' that wound me up. Regardless of whether the outcome is positive or negative for me, there's no cost to a decent CS attitude.
Slopey shoulders people really get on my tits!

I'm happy to be loyal to a single dealer (and happy to pay a mild premium for that loyalty/service) but I won't be taken for a (complete!?) fool Wink
I'd also asked them to quote for replacing my two doors as well, so there's always additional work.
I went to the Merc dealer (next door to the LR dealer) for 6 years & paid a premium for the service because they were always courteous and explained everything they did (or didn't do).

Interesting that you've not got the PTI upgrade working, some other dealers (according to the posts on the BT upgrade thread) have been able to say it's faulty (because the of failure to upload) and the new units have worked. Maybe LR are just getting cute to the failure (so why release the U/G!?)
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #24367411th Jan 2008 4:37 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

JMC wrote:
countrywide wrote:
On the wiper issue, as Land Rover know the wipers don't work due to the design, they should really replace them regardless of wear.

I don't know that I agree with this Shocked It is fair to say that the wipers can judder etc, but I think it is more a case of being 'a feature of the car Sir' rather than a warranty issue. With this type of blade it's not a problem confined to LR. Personally, I'm prepared to put up with it rather than moan at a dealer - after all, it's small beer when compared to how good the car is overall.

If LR were to accept wipers as a warranty issue, they would be constantly changing them for almost every car and would need shares in a rubber company to keep up with it.

Perhaps I'm easy pleased, but I doubt if Disco3RS / RPJ would agree on that front........ Whistle

On a £30K plus car you shouldn't need to accept it, especially if the Valeo don't have a problem. It should only be on the first set or on a replacement set if they do it straight away not all the time of course. Why should the customer have to pay to fix a problem with a design.

Post #24367611th Jan 2008 4:42 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I don't believe that the OEM wipers are acceptable. I had my first set changed under warranty within 6 months of purchasing the motor ...the second set were no better...they used to drive me nuts Evil or Very Mad . Valeo seem to have cracked it for me Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #24370511th Jan 2008 5:29 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Same here ..first set changed on first service ...and to be honest i never even mentioned it to them ..

Now replaced with Veleo ones ...silence is golden Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #24370711th Jan 2008 5:31 pm
DrLex

Iceland 

Lakeland Land Rover wrote:
FYI
We have tried on a number of occasions to do the pti up grade and on every car it has rejected the download.
Still trying to fix it for Dr D as we couldn't get his to do it just before Christmas.
so that one may not entirely be the dealers fault.....That is from me RPJ
NOT Lakeland

I had understood that LR had withdrawn the TSB due to problems and that the update/upgrade was not to be performed. Bodsy, if they've left you with a broken unit, then I would expect it needs to be replaced at their expense, to put you back in your pre-service condition. Should a new unit give you the missing functionality, then it should be at the cost of the upgrade, which I believe is labour/tech time only.

EDIT: I now see that there's discussion of this in the other thread and that Blue Meanie has already made the same point about withdrawal of the TSB. Point about the garage's responsibility still stands, though.
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #24373611th Jan 2008 6:11 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

DG wrote:
Valeo seem to have cracked it for me Thumbs Up

wiggs wrote:
Now replaced with Veleo ones ...silence is golden Thumbs Up

Agreed

Post #24374511th Jan 2008 6:32 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

LR agreed to replace the wipers FOC Thumbs Up

The new ones don't judder, but you do hear a wiper 'flic' when they get to the end & change direction. WIll see how they go and then replace them with my Valeo's if needs be.

Face to face the dealer was pleasant enough, but over the phone....... Rolling Eyes
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #24380311th Jan 2008 8:02 pm
timd3

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

mmmmmm OK

got my first service on Monday with Chipperfield (Watford) - cheapest locally - couldn't face giving my beloved to Stratstone Wooburn Green given the lack of service I've had in the past with my D2 and early D3 experiences....!

we have both the windscreen wipers and PTI upgrade lined up for being fixed - so will be interested in what they say/do......... don't fancy a £400 surcharge/ Censored up on their part!! Also, I have the fog light shutdown issue - will advise how I get on post-Monday with the list above........

cheers, tim
 2007 TDV6SE Auto Stornoway Grey - now sold...  
Post #24390312th Jan 2008 12:28 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Good Luck Tim, but I wouldn' expect it to be working...... You shoudl get the wipers though Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #24398312th Jan 2008 12:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >