Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Warranty Direct - 2021 Experiences
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Dave T

England 

robpenrose wrote:
I’m on the old cover, and whilst it’s now not with Warranty Direct, (it’s still with the old owners) it seems the authorisation is now very slow. It used to be same day, couple of hours.

My garage put a claim in yesterday morning for 2 new callipers (which are in my policy book as covered) and the garage got an email saying the claims department would respond in 3-5 days.

What a joke!

We have an old WD policy on SWMBOs Audi a1, it needed a new window control box a couple of months ago, authorisation was pretty much instant. Did they phone or e mail?
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #22397873rd Jul 2021 2:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

They did both I think. Initially phoned, then emailed in the quote etc.

I had a new wheel bearing a few months back, and it was quick. But seems slow now.

I also rang them, and after about 30mins of a wait, they finally answered. The person confirmed they had everything, could see the emailed quotes etc, and said it would be sent to a claims engineer for processing.

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #22397923rd Jul 2021 2:37 pm
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Mine was up for renewal with WD towards the end of June. Both the renewal from them and also a quote from MotorEasy were twice what I paid the year before (very little extra mileage and less miles than they had estimated and no previous claims) Yes it did offer more cover than I had originally but I wanted some cover that hopefully covered the engine (crank) but not allowed to select individual parts of cover now. I declined to pay so much and they now phone me everyday. I may eventually answer in the hope they have a much better offer!
 D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her still… 

Post #22398213rd Jul 2021 6:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
robpenrose

Well, WD authorised the claim today. No messing about, just took a while!

Post #22408438th Jul 2021 4:14 pm
Laird Lugton

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4

[quote="JordsDisco"]
NJSS wrote:
Quote:
the LR branded Car Care Plan is possibly the best

The new since March this year Warranty Direct conditions won’t cover you for engineering/design issues either. The LR warranty might not cover you for a snapped cranking these circumstances, but I recall people saying LR will be more sympathetic to covering the cost of a repair if you took out their warranty.

As for the garages WD will let you have a repair at. I think your working off old information.

Here a recent bit from WD on the trust pilot site. There more on it on the WD site itself.

Click image to enlarge

Do you have link to this about engineering/design issues on the new WD warranty as I have just trawled through the policy terms and conditions and can find no wording of this. The fact the crankshaft is specifically stated as a covered item and since LR won't admit it is a design issue I am not sure how WD could get out of paying (although I assume like all insurance companies they would do their best).
 Better to be late in this world than early in the next.  
Post #224172614th Jul 2021 11:58 am
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Know what you mean. I take a look when I have time. Can’t remember if it was on site or in an email. Meantime, I’ve sent their Customer Services an email, might be quicker than me trawling through my system, so I’ll let you know what they say.

Post #224178114th Jul 2021 5:30 pm
JordsDisco

The reply I got.

“In answer to your query, I can confirm that the crankshaft is listed as one of our covered components providing that the issue is caused by mechanical or electrical fault.

We in this department cannot authorise or validate any claims, the issue with your vehicle will require a diagnostic and then our claims team will be able to authorise the claim if this is a covered component.

I would suggest to contact the claims team on 0800 085 7389 who may be able to assist you further and provide you with further information.”

I phoned WD as per above and it would depend on the circumstances if LR didn’t acknowledge it as an inherent fault, but if they would. So no further forward tbh, they still have a get out clause.

Post #224183915th Jul 2021 8:52 am
Laird Lugton

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Scotia GreyDiscovery 4

Are you saying if LR said it was an inherent fault then they wouldn’t pay out?

Surely if LR were to admit it was inherent fault then LR would be liable? In that case it’s a win win, no manufacturing fault then the warranty covers you. If it’s a manufacturing fault then LR are liable?
 Better to be late in this world than early in the next.  
Post #224223317th Jul 2021 6:51 pm
JordsDisco

No, not what I am saying. The usual scenario is the Warranty Company normally say it’s an inherent fault, LR say it’s not an inherent fault upon pain of death, so neither wants to pay, so its loose, loose. Surely if you’ve had a LR a while you’ve discovered this? Rolling with laughter

Post #224224817th Jul 2021 8:24 pm
Green Land Rover

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

My 3 year warranty with WD expires at the beginning of September.

They don't do 3 year packages any more and will only renew on a yearly basis.

Actual premium was £200 less than the quoted renewal figure as the actual milage is 20k less than their estimate.

Looking on confused.com, the figures I got were between £400 and £700 but with companies I'd never heard of. So went with better the devil you know!
 Discovery 4 HSE - Aintree Green
Freelander 2 TD4 SE Automatic - Tonga Green
Defender XS - Tonga Green - Gone Now
Freelander 1 Td4 ES Manual - Epsom Green - Gone Now
Freelander 1 Td4 Kalahari SE - Epsom Green - Gone Now
Freelander 1 XEi - Epsom Green - Gone Now

www.greenlandrover.uk

Post #224810924th Aug 2021 5:15 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I was in the same position. Like you, I got a quote from the new WD which reduced when I gave them my actual mileage. This seemed quite competitive. However, the excess had gone to £150 from £50 (which is what I had it set to on my previous policy with old WD). I got a quote at £50 and the price rose significantly.
I left it. I’d be very interested to hear about your experiences with them, although I hope you don’t need them.
Cheers
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #224836826th Aug 2021 7:48 am
robpenrose

Does anyone know what their maximum mileage is, on their new system?

Post #224836926th Aug 2021 8:00 am
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Just bumping this thread in the hope someone can answer Rob's question:-

Quote:
Does anyone know what their maximum mileage is, on their new system?

I had a WD policy on my SL350, on which I had never claimed. The mileage was 56k, but they declined to quote for a renewal as the car was, just, 9 years old, and they wouldn't offer "past 10 years old".

I was disappointed, but decided to self insure, as all the other quotes were for reduced cover at much increased premiums.

My Disco4 cover, with WD, comes to an end next year, when mileage will probably be c. 50k, so I'm still interested in others recent experience with WD, under the new policy terms.

MotorEasy doesn't appeal to me, but they are probably the nearest to WD in terms, although WD's cover seems more comprehensive.

NJSS

Post #225865225th Oct 2021 4:59 pm
Disco_driver

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Quote:
MotorEasy doesn't appeal to me, but they are probably the nearest to WD in terms, although WD's cover seems more comprehensive.

NJSS

Any particular reason why mate? I've got to sort mine out in the next few days, current provider is Warranty Assist which was provided by the dealer I bought the vehicle from. I sit down to sort it after work and seem to get lost in both positive and negative reviews for pretty much every provider. I end up just shutting the iPad exhausted, no closer to getting it bloody sorted. Now running out of time though.

I have 3 on my shortlist; WD, ME & WA.

They all have pro's and con's and seem to all be reasonably similar price wise. ME are the cheapest out of the three.

Joe Big Cry

Post #22600623rd Nov 2021 8:49 am
swansty

Northern Ireland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Motor Easy are currently rejecting my claims because the component has not suffered a "sudden mechanical failure". So far they have rejected rear upper suspensions arms, front lower arms, 2 front calipers and a rear CV boot (they decided this was accident damage). Despite all these items being "listed components" and despite that they cover "wear and tear", it seems you need the holy trinity and add in sudden mechanical failure. They never seem to be able to respond as to what exactly constitutes sudden mechanical failure of these listed items.

So my advice would be to avoid Motor Easy.

Post #22600683rd Nov 2021 9:15 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >