Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

air con
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
subaru60

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
air con

whats the correct settings of the contols for the air con to work really cold mine never seems to get really cold not sure iam putting it on the right settings

Post #113820530th Jul 2013 10:26 pm
Simonstarski

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Could be due a recharge.. Had mine done at a local tyre place for £40 and its gone from Luke warm to so blimmin freezing an Eskimo would shiver.

Settings on the dash are just both temp dials set to cold. Kicks in all on its own. Thumbs Up
 Narpy Grill, tinted windows, Smooth leather wheel (TLO Group buy), ACM fitted (thanks TLO), Rear door loom and Row 2 & 3 audio switch upgrade, RRS 20" wheel change, 285 Cooper LTZ's Sat Nav Mod (until I get a Faultmate upgrade), Front & Rear lamp guards. 4x4 screen now switched on - Woody32, Follow me home reverse lights - woody32, Auto release EPB - Woody32. Off Road Navigation - Woody32. Remap + EGR's switched off. Full chassis clean and Waxoyl.  
Post #113820930th Jul 2013 10:30 pm
subaru60

so both dials on cold then blower on auto or not?

Post #113822230th Jul 2013 10:41 pm
Simonstarski

Either or.. I find the blower to intense on auto so just set it to the first or second light. Thumbs Up
 Narpy Grill, tinted windows, Smooth leather wheel (TLO Group buy), ACM fitted (thanks TLO), Rear door loom and Row 2 & 3 audio switch upgrade, RRS 20" wheel change, 285 Cooper LTZ's Sat Nav Mod (until I get a Faultmate upgrade), Front & Rear lamp guards. 4x4 screen now switched on - Woody32, Follow me home reverse lights - woody32, Auto release EPB - Woody32. Off Road Navigation - Woody32. Remap + EGR's switched off. Full chassis clean and Waxoyl.  
Post #113822330th Jul 2013 10:43 pm
subaru60

Thumbs Up will get it recharged then as it dont get that cold on these settings had new air con pipes before i got it so proberly needs a recharge thanks

Post #113822730th Jul 2013 10:48 pm
Simonstarski

Try Kwik fit.. It's free if they don't make it colder Thumbs Up
Post #113822830th Jul 2013 10:49 pm
maplecottage

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I keep mine topped up using a Halfrauds recharge system http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...ogId=10151

I give it a quick whizz at beginning of summer just to make sure it's up to the mark - has lasted me 2 years now and still has some left.

Cold enough to give you a head ache Shocked

Steve

Post #113838231st Jul 2013 11:53 am
Davro

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

To get the coldest air coming out, set it manually to face level vents, recirculation on and the fan the 3rd or 4th setting. Might be worth getting a thermometer from maplin or somewhere to minitor the air temperature coming through the vent.

Now my little story about Kwik-Fit ...... Got it re-gassed at Kwik-fit and there was an improvement but on that particular day it was not that hot. When it got very hot it was still not working as well as previous years, so took it to an indy fearing it was something more serious/expensive. first step the indy did was another re-gas with dye and noted that they recovered alot less than kwik-fit had put in. They checked for leaks and could not find any , but the output of the air-con had improved by a few degrees so I was happy. So the conclusion from the Indy is :-

Originally the the coolent was very low (had not been done for 3 or 4 years), Kwik-Fit put more in but not as much as stated on their machine, this is because they did not leave the compressor/condensor running long enough to suck all the coolent out of the pipe/tube they use to top it up.

Post #113842631st Jul 2013 1:51 pm
Jep

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

When I picked mine up from the dealer, it wasn't blowing cold either. They thought it was a simple recharge, however there was a sticking valve in the system that didn't let the cold air into the car and so was replaced.

Can't advise any more than that as that's all the info I was given, however it can now rival a wind from the Baltic should I want it to!

Post #11387361st Aug 2013 9:35 am
Mr Kington

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

If there is a Formula 1 auto center near you they are cheap if you book on-line. The machine checks for leaks and if it finds one then wont re-gas and you are not charged. It if it senses no leaks then fills it up. Think it costs be £40.00.
 James favourite hobby is writing in the third person.  
Post #11387391st Aug 2013 9:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >