Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 36 <123 ... 789 ... 343536>
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

2-3 hours to unjam, and strip + clean the EPB shoes Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #127342922nd Apr 2014 5:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AR6Y11

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #127358422nd Apr 2014 8:53 pm
Theunis Kruger

South Africa 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Morning all

A bit of advice please.

On our trip through Botswana and Namibia I had the red flashing light after a particularly rough stretch of road. Reaching our stop, I engaged the EPB and the light stopped with no noise during EPB-engage.

Nothing happened for a further 2000kms until we drove through quite a lot of water, sand, dust, etc in Northern Namibia for a few successive days. Once there, I engaged EPB and it emitted a 'wheeeeoooowwrrrr' noise, not like the discoclubbing-bass on the Youtube-clip, and I sh@t myself. It disengaged with no problems and I left well enough alone for the remainder of the trip.

Once home, I got the wheel alignment checked and, in my absence, they engaged the EPB; the same noise followed and it locked solid. I had to pull the cable to release.

On Saturday past I took the rear discs/EPB discs apart, cleaned, lubed & set everything as per Bodsy and although it was dirty, it wasn't excessively so, i.e. no globs of mud on the mechanisms. I then tried to relatch with EPB, but this time we had the discoclubbing-bass on the Youtube-clip, no relatch and the red light flashing again.

It is now permanently flashing red and this is where I need some advice; I took the precaution of having the brass bush turned already.

In order:
1. Does it seem likely that the plastic/brass replacement is needed following the sequence of cat/disco-noises and relatch failure? My thinking is that it would probably need it.
2. Is it possible to undo and remove the cables from the EPB module so that it can be removed & worked on at a proper bench, up to manual relatch-step? I'm a big Afrikaner boy and in Off-Road my chest doesn't clear the underside, so working in situ would be rather challenging, to say the least.
3. Is there a tutorial, a la Bodsy/Disco-Mikey, for replacing the plastic/brass bush?

Many thanks in advance!
Theunis

Post #128661720th May 2014 8:16 am
Disco_Mikey

It would be more challenging removing the EPB module, than unjam it in place Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

Post #128664020th May 2014 8:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Theunis Kruger

Thanks D_M; I'll try it in situ or go through spare well if that's not possible.

Post #128664520th May 2014 8:57 am
Theunis Kruger

Right, a bit if feedback: solidly jammed so took the liberty of removing motor and gearbox, fortunately shaft still in perfect condition. Cleaned, lubed and closed up. Re-assembled and tried again, now working perfectly!!

One thing though: on SA spec the diff lock motor screws you, so I had to go through spare well, remove bracket and flip module upside down. A bit more work, but worth it!!

Many thanks D_M, much much appreciated!!!

Post #128854123rd May 2014 9:22 pm
Gripperjonesboy

United Kingdom 

Anyone in the Warwickshire area that can re-set the EPB mine made a loud squeal last night, I'm afraid I haven't got the tools to do it myself

Post #129021428th May 2014 12:47 pm
marcelr

South Africa 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Hi Theunis do you unscrew the total bracket so that you can turn the EPB around.
I am also in SA and also see that there is a motor above the diff that makes access to the EPB impossible.
Is it possible that I can contact you to get some advise please.

Post #12938985th Jun 2014 5:45 pm
marcelr

South Africa 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Has anyone thought about a manual replacement for the EPB. One that works with normal cables to the driver seat similar to the Mercedes Bens with a hand or foot operated handbrake.

Post #12939025th Jun 2014 5:55 pm
Paul77

Northern Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Hi,I'm having a problem with the EPB on my 06 Discovery 3 manual,at mot which was done in Northern Ireland ,they test handbrake on rollers ,during this test the hand brake stuck on and had to be released by pulling the cable from inside vehicle,I removed discs and cleaned and lubed working parts,took vehicle back for retest and same fault occurred,by the way the handbrake works every time under normal circumstances,I have read post on adjusting module,would adjusting module be a fix for my problem?

Post #130266924th Jun 2014 10:28 pm
Happy Cabbage

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Unjam EPB

Hi,
Thanks to disco Mickey managed to get as far as removing EPB module cover and can confirm the module is unlatched and jammed. Tried with hammer and chisel for unjam but failed. Frightened I'll break something.Any one got any pics of how to use the 48" bar referred to earlier in this thread.
I did try to remove the EPB module motor to get better access to the brass rod but still cannot get a grip on it.

Thanks

Post #13071355th Jul 2014 2:57 pm
rfitterer

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteLR3
C1A43-01 fault. Motor supply circuit fault of the EPB module

I have a EPB issue but not quite the same as described in this thread. The dealer said they see C1A43-01 fault, Motor supply circuit fault and want to replace the module.

My issue with that is I can engage and disengage the parking brake fine if I do it with the key off or right after I start the ignition (before amber brake light illuminates). After the light illuminates the parking brake error message will show up on the message screen and the parking brake is unavailable.

I was told by the dealer this module is reset each time the ignition is cycled and this is why it will work before the self test is completed on the module.

What would cause a motor supply circuit fault? Should I be looking for a grounded wire in the wire harness to the module?

Any help would be appreciated!

Post #131201016th Jul 2014 8:35 pm
Mikesaint01

South Africa 
Lr3 park brake fault

Hi Mike, awesome writeup, i found removing the spare wheel undoing the mounting plate of the epb and flipping it was alot easier, took me a whole 35mins saved me a whole bunch of time and money! You guys rock. Ps mine was stuck just as you said would probably be the case.

Post #131434522nd Jul 2014 7:00 am
Tdv6_kma

Epb screeching

I have been in and cleaned the shoes and readjusted them as was said on another thread also been in and found the brass bit that screws in and out had come off on opposite side of the motor so re set it but the screeching has come back but does it every now and then whilst it tries to activate, but I am hearing the clunking of the shoes as well any help would be appreciated also have the serial number of my epb here is the link to it

My disco3 is a 54 plate but have my personal number plate on it

Post #13191862nd Aug 2014 1:30 pm
Disco_Mikey

Sounds like it needs adjusted Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

Post #13191942nd Aug 2014 1:41 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 36 <123 ... 789 ... 343536>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >