Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

WTD 12V Water pump High Volume/Pressure.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
WTD 12V Water pump High Volume/Pressure.

Does anyone have anything that would match the spec of this hanging around that they want shot of for a small amount of money?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flowpump-12v-wat...4176261809

From experiance this one will go over budget towards the end of the auction.

Or does anyone have suggestions as to a cheap source of a pump with high Volume/Pressure? Most Caravan/Boat pumps are not up to spec.

12V water cannon project underway(Don't ask Whistle ) that needs some grunt.

Thanks

Nasher.
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #82671917th Aug 2011 9:34 pm
Popelka

Czech Republic 

cant help but am very interested in the project, so pics when it's done Thumbs Up
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #82679318th Aug 2011 8:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

maybe look for a used jetwasher on the bay and use that ?

Post #82680218th Aug 2011 8:53 am
discoBizz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Nasher wrote:
... small amount of money... this one will go over budget towards the end of the auction...

Define "small" and budget Laughing

What specs are you after? Bilge pumps are sometimes reasonably high pressure (on larger yachts)... If for example you are after something that's around the 3 gallons per minute (GPM, most marine pumps' specs are in GPM or GPH), then for a new one you would probably be looking at about GBP 50-80... Would you consider a submersible one in your water reservoir?

Interested on how you get along too Whistle

Hope this helps Thumbs Up

(also found this, but I guess out of budget/use due to time limitation: "High Pressure Flojet Pump 150 PSI, 1 gpm, 12 volt, 9 amps, Intermittent duty cycle. The on time is 10 minutes or less and then at least 10 minutes off time. The motor could overheat if ran continuously. 11 " long. Model 03811142A P020 10 lbs, $200")
 ==> Guide - Inexpensive AV Modification
==> Guide - Extend the multimedia of your Discovery III (September 2011, v1.2 uploaded) 

Last edited by discoBizz on 18th Aug 2011 9:15 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #82680918th Aug 2011 9:08 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
The Large One

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Mmm, that would be just the sort of thing i need for the allotment
Very Happy
 TLO has left the building.......
I no longer work for a Landrover Dealer

My little chilli sauce business http://www.thechillees.co.uk
if you would like to order anything just give me a shout 

Post #82681118th Aug 2011 9:15 am
Nasher

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

OK gents, a little more info.

Each year when we spend a couple of weeks in Devon with a load of other families we launch our RIBs in Dartmouth most days and run around to the beach by sea. There is normally 3 or 4 boats in our group that run around together, plus we do a bit of running around during the day whilst diving and generally ‘mucking about’.

This year the kids in the boats kicked off a mock battle on the way back into harbour one evening, and by the end of the two weeks dads and kids were firing invisible rocket launchers and throwing pretend grenades at each other whilst motoring slowly up the Dart.

My youngest said towards the end of the holiday, “wouldn’t it be good if we had a water cannon mounted on the rail (over the top of the windscreen) to squirt the others.”
Because I enjoy a challenge, and have the facilities in my workshop, I’m currently experimenting with my Lathe and mill making a nozzle, barrel, and mount, but need a pump to supply the pressure.

My suggested pump on ebay was based on it being the one I found with the highest lpm and PSI.
I’ve not done a lot of research yet, don’t have any money to throw at the project, and the reality is that I’ll probably end up making a nozzle that makes the most of whatever 12V pump I can find for next to nothing.

I have a well near the stern that I can flood easily, or I can clip a feed pipe to the transom. And I can run the pump off my ‘house’ battery, and switch my charging system over so that the engine is just charging that battery whilst we play, so current draw isn’t that much of a problem.

Nasher
 Heaven doesn't want me, and hell is afraid I'll take over.  
Post #82684518th Aug 2011 11:57 am
discoBizz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Laughing Laughing

...and there I was thinking of where you could mount it on the D3 for firefighting!!!

This year the kids "had to have" one of these water shooters (of course adults had more fun with them I think), was surprised at how far the jet goes (I estimate 8-10meters easily for the large model); maybe simpler/cheaper to get a few of them, but then won't be building anything Laughing

Good luck with the project Thumbs Up
 ==> Guide - Inexpensive AV Modification
==> Guide - Extend the multimedia of your Discovery III (September 2011, v1.2 uploaded)  
Post #82684718th Aug 2011 12:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >