Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

revenge......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
revenge......

Have had a recruitment agency sending me anything up to 20 job vacancy adverts every day, many of them multiple postings.

I have never signed up to this agency, or am even looking, and it is not a 'sister' company to somebody else.

It comes from a 'no-reply' mail address and despite setting my mail filter to send this to spam they still keep on coming. Confused

Looked them up and sent an email to their 'contact us' address for them to desist. Still keep on coming Censored

For last week I have just been sending them as many emails as I can possibly cram in over a day with simple "remove me from mailing list" in title.

Today I got an email asking me why I keep sending them emails...........er, the clue is in the title Rolling Eyes

Next step, now I have a specific name, if it doesn't stop, will be to sign them up for 'free mail offers'. I did this to my brother once and his life was hell for next three months with calls, emails and 'free gifts' till he changed email address and phone went anyway. He did get a lot of free womens products including 6 months supply of a well known tampon brand Laughing

For anyone want to replicate this is a good site to kick off with; http://www.latestfreestuff.co.uk/

Any double glazing, life insurance, mortgage protection, accident claim, tec. type companies also suffice and they are very persistent......... Whistle

Post #136628230th Oct 2014 12:41 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Ah, revenge is a dish best served via email. Thumbs Up

Post #136628730th Oct 2014 1:00 pm
Scarab

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Excellent.

I enjoy similar twisted fun on these types of companies. I have the same with a office space company who we used once for a bit of additional space while we re-did our offices, and they wont stop bothering me.

Literally 2-3 emails a day and phone calls once a week all from the same woman. They still come through but I know that she's getting absolutely hounded by many marketing, PPI and Accident claim companies, and also several email subscriptions of a decidedly less tasteful nature.

Will get her added to the freestuff site though - good spot!

Post #136629230th Oct 2014 1:07 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I put my brother down for works accidents a number of times, you just put scant details about slipping at work and shoulder still hurting a year later and they're after it like a rat up a drainpipe.

I went slightly overboard with him as he really p*ssed me off over something and then just said "bring it on" when I challenged him.

So it was brung....... Laughing

Ten minutes on Google for 'free gifts', register once with home address, mobile, home phone, email (home and work) and tick every box offering something, press send and sit back and wait.

That was at 7.00am in the morning, by 9.00am he'd had dozens of calls on his mobile and a dozen or more emails on work email. Still 'giving it large' to me though. By lunch time I had a pathetic text that just read "please stop" Rolling with laughter However by then it is too late, you can't stop it.

That evening he rang calling me all the names under the sun as his home phone was ringing off the wall. The only thing that saved my bacon was his wife said it was his own fault and he'd got his come-uppance. Wink

The free gifts started coming a week or so later. My sis-in-law was quite pleased with the majority of them Whistle

Post #136675931st Oct 2014 11:40 am
kp

United Kingdom 

ahhh free junk mail!

I have a good use for that and for the metro's that get left around here sometimes Very Happy

Saves me having to leave the house for it I guess and know someone who will love being signed upto it Very Happy

And best do it thru tor first though just incase Wink
 FFRR Owner, very nearly became a D3 owner Smile
Test piloted a new D4 XS SDV6.. Gone and being forgotten i hope!!
D4 HSE 10MY
D4 XS 11MY
SSRR Destroyer *2 Smile 

Post #139378122nd Dec 2014 2:31 am
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Ohh that's evil.

A mate of mine gave me a car advert for a month as a joke birthday present around 30 years ago in about 10 publications offering to sell my Classic Lancia for a knock down fee - the phone rang off the wall for 3 months morning noon and night.

Ended up having to get an answerphone to filter all of the calls it was that annoying! Its funny now but wasn't so at the time Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #218868322nd Nov 2020 12:19 am
jjvd21

United States 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3

Posting an ad for “free black lab puppies” with the perpetrators contact information will make their life a living hell Thumbs Up
 16 D4 Landmark
05 D3 HSE V8
THE original D4 spotter 

Post #218869022nd Nov 2020 4:13 am
Erea

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Years ago... before spam email... I kept getting spam texts from a company and by mistake they included a landline once. I rang it over and over and once it was answered at about 7am on a Sunday morning..... let’s just say that that the irate woman that answered promised that once she caught her husband for using the landline I would never get a text again ... 😂

Post #218869222nd Nov 2020 4:31 am
maxbasscat

Ukraine 2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Top drawe, must remember this can the mods do a sticky👏
 D3 2.7 Zermatt silver (not another one)
D3 4.4 V8 Zambezi silver
D3 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
D3 2.7 (gone) Tonga Green
D3 4.4 V8 LHD Tonga Green
FFRR TDV8
Defender 300 

Post #218876922nd Nov 2020 1:16 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Mailbait

That is all Laughing
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #218883322nd Nov 2020 6:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

jjvd21 wrote:
Posting an ad for “free black lab puppies” with the perpetrators contact information will make their life a living hell Thumbs Up

That is just pure evil - I love it Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #218905023rd Nov 2020 7:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >