Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Clutch replaced and missing pedal/slave spring
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Lid

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
Clutch replaced and missing pedal/slave spring

A few months ago I discussed my slipping clutch on my manual D3 on here. Well eventually the XY calibration would not hold for more than a few days and the clutch slippage between 1800 and 2100 rpm was a bit worse, so I finally got the clutch replaced at my local Indy.

A few weeks before I took it in I also noticed the clutch pedal was not returning fully, but I put this down to the clutch being nearly out. However when I got the car back on Friday, I found that the clutch pedal is the same and still does not fully return. After a bit of rummaging I around in the pedal area, I found the spring marked in the stock photo, along with the plastic pillar that runs inside it under the clutch pedal cover.

I don't believe these have been replaced, so they were either left off during the work, or possibly they had fallen off beforehand and no-one noticed.

Could the clutch slippage I was experiencing have been caused by this missing spring all along and not by a worn out clutch? Or is it just coincidence that this spring is not in place? Can this spring just fall out, or has it been taken off and not replaced by my the garage?

Thanks

UPDATE - I just looked at my bill and I have been charged for a Release Brg/Slave but I don't know what this is and if it includes a new spring assembly that replaces the one I found loose.

and the bits I found :

Click image to enlarge

Post #185849417th Sep 2017 3:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >