Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Waiting for a car from LRA
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JackNorris

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Waiting for a car from LRA

LRA came out last night related to steering wheel noise and decided my car needs to go to dealer

Ok to drive the short distance so was arranged that I'll drive it there this morning once I have a car in place.

Car company - part of Land Rover rang promptly last night and said I'd be contacted before 10 with timings to collect th courtesy car.

Now... Who has already guessed my current position?

If you've guessed that...
1. I tried calling the car people and sat on hold an hour
2. It's now 11:08 and I've heard nothing
3. I'm getting incredibly angry

You would be right

Rant over

Post #15574397th Nov 2015 12:09 pm
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Feeling your pain.

The last few times I have had to have a courtesy car it has come from Enterprise. The last one was a grotty unwashed BMW X5 which I promptly told them to take back as the LR rules "suggest" you should be driving "product". I got a FFRR a few hours later.

Good luck Thumbs Up
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #15574407th Nov 2015 12:13 pm
JackNorris

Interesting, apparently Lr have nothing so they are sourcing from Thrifty

We shall see

Post #15574547th Nov 2015 1:00 pm
JackNorris

Apparently no discos, Range Rover sports or FFRR available within 60 miles of me

Post #15574817th Nov 2015 1:46 pm
J77

Scotland 

Cars from LRA are normally rental cars, it was Enterprise the last time I got one when my D3 died at the side of the road and spent 3 weeks at the dealers. Ended up with a D3 SE.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #15576677th Nov 2015 7:42 pm
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Note to self: do not comment on someone else's breakdown and slag rental car company off Question (as in above).

Just been retrieved of the A42/M42 intersection with a seized rear brake calliper. Mucho hot and smelling like Guy Falke's bonfire Big Cry

Last Disco seized a calliper at 60k; this one 61.5k. It's an improvement Thumbs Up

Brought home on the back of a truck with neighbour sneaking a peek around the curtains.

And to rub salt in the wound- the rear discs and pads are four weeks old. New disc (cos it is very blue) and pads and a service kit required from AF in the morning. Local Indy will sort in double quick time. I have too much on this week to argue the toss with Stratstones (being 40 miles away for starters) nor Thrifty car rental companies. The last time I got retrieved to Stealer they did not look at it for a week. The Disco is what earns me a living. I will sort it myself Thumbs Up

Must be time for a cuppa.
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #15582258th Nov 2015 8:26 pm
JackNorris

Well, started of with a jag sport x? 2.0 which was nice. But not big enough for me at 6ft 6, all tyres were losing air too.

Had a D4 HSE bought out to me today. Makes me realise how much i couldn't go back to a small car.

Whats interesting, no issue getting insured at 21 with LRA Thumbs Up

Post #15588699th Nov 2015 10:37 pm
JackNorris

Kilovolt wrote:
Note to self: do not comment on someone else's breakdown and slag rental car company off Question (as in above).

Just been retrieved of the A42/M42 intersection with a seized rear brake calliper. Mucho hot and smelling like Guy Falke's bonfire Big Cry

Last Disco seized a calliper at 60k; this one 61.5k. It's an improvement Thumbs Up

Brought home on the back of a truck with neighbour sneaking a peek around the curtains.

And to rub salt in the wound- the rear discs and pads are four weeks old. New disc (cos it is very blue) and pads and a service kit required from AF in the morning. Local Indy will sort in double quick time. I have too much on this week to argue the toss with Stratstones (being 40 miles away for starters) nor Thrifty car rental companies. The last time I got retrieved to Stealer they did not look at it for a week. The Disco is what earns me a living. I will sort it myself Thumbs Up

Must be time for a cuppa.

Nightmare! Suitable time of the year though Embarassed

Post #15588719th Nov 2015 10:39 pm
JackNorris

Well after saying i needed a car with a tow bar, i got given a sporty Jag, rang back and was then offered a Disco, Disco had detachable tow bar in the boot, but was not for the disco Censored . Rang back again and after a bit of hassle, got delivered a RRS with deployable.

Post #156121114th Nov 2015 8:12 pm
Gt.Mooglywoogly

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Just make sure it has a parcel shelf!!!

Post #156202716th Nov 2015 6:21 pm
JackNorris

It doesn't

Any particular reason for that comment? Anything I should be aware of? Thumbs Up

Post #156211716th Nov 2015 9:47 pm
Gt.Mooglywoogly

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

I had a D4 recently from thrifty via LRA.

Didn't have reason to notice until i had to cover up some musical instruments in the boot that there was no parcel shelf.

Thought maybe theres not one as the hire co find that they go missing when people put the seats 6 + 7 up.

Retuned the car two days later. that afternoon gad a call "where is the parcel shelf?"

Told them there wasn't one. Had another call a few days later same question and same answer.

They put a claim in and then I had a call from LRA asking the same question gave same answer.

LRA person was very apologetic to me and then we had a conversation about how there seemed to be a spate of insurance claims from Hire co's that they deal with claiming that parcel shelves had been lost.

Of course there was No mention that it may be a nice little earner for the Hire Co's!!!!

Post #156235417th Nov 2015 2:46 pm
Devondave

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Just had a very similar experience.
LR assistance guys brilliant, found fuelling problem, had car transported to dealership, rang for replacement car....
Then nothing.
I rang LR assistance, promised a call back...
Nothing.
After 36 hours and several phone calls, Thrifty turn up with a Discovery Sport that has more scrapes and dents than are on the delivery note, so more phone calls.
Seems the people sorting the hire cars are too busy to ring and give updates when they can't source a car quickly.
However, interesting to drive the DS as I thought of buying one. it has some interesting features and is not bad but sounds like a tractor so very glad I went for the D4.

Post #156312218th Nov 2015 9:01 pm
JackNorris

Ah thanks for warning.

Yes my thoughts to, LRA are great but the people who source cars are awful. I've found thrifty to be good however. I've charge the car sources so many times, I've come to the conclusion they don't have outgoing lines.

Also had 2 cars at one point as they failed to arrange collection, and yet when I was wanting a car they couldn't find one.

Having a RRS I do think I prefer my discovery Thumbs Up

Post #156317318th Nov 2015 9:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >