Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

No Fault Found!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Tunny

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
No Fault Found!

So I am now on the eighth return trip to Stratstone LR Stoke with my 2011 62k mile on the clock approved used Disco 4!
3x trips for what was in the end a leaking rear cam oil seal ended up with body removed to do the job on the third trip vehicle returned with engine oil still "pooled" in the underbody off-road protection plate!!!, 2x for the gauge showing empty but not fuel tank sender fault
2x for clunking over bumps=front lower suspension arm bushes replaced
1x last week for a new pair of faults its now got a slipping 6speed transmission 2nd-3rd and 3rd-4th the Rev counter dances yet lack of power/acceleration is put down to the road and also the transfer box has now started to leak from the seal in between the front and rear case.
LR assistance got called out by myself last week he reset the gearbox shift profiles which seemed to settle it down but now it's back at it again.

So the result of 5 days in the Stratstone workshop (4.5 days probably left outside) no fault found by our technician he has driven it for 1hr and he cannot find anything wrong with the gearshifts and we can't see any oil leak from the transfer box yet it had two drops hanging from the torx bolts when I left with them. Quick squirt of brake cleaner looks to be the only work done by them.
Needless to say I've well and truly had enough of Stratstone.

Any recommendations for a LR dealer who can do a good job and listen to the customer in the North West anybody?

Ps it's under the 2year LR approved warranty.

I feel like dumping it at LR HQ and venting some anger should we say.

Post #15556283rd Nov 2015 9:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >