DISCO3.CO.UK > eBay & Bargain Spots

BT BB upgrade, much cheapness!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 
BT BB upgrade, much cheapness!!

Just phoned BT to see what I could get for my unlimited broadband, presently paying £17 or so a month as had to upgrade mid 12 months. Big Cry Renewed at £6.85 a month (line rental paid annually up front), not too bad for unlimited. Mr. Green Mr. Green

Post #138888913th Dec 2014 1:28 pm
Discogaz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I just wish Openreach would get their finger out. Fibre has been at the exchange for almost 3 years and I'm still waiting for it to get to the nearest cabinet - The joys of 2.1mb download.

Post #138889213th Dec 2014 1:33 pm
MarkOne

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

That's very good if you getting that unlimited, as BT like to limit you for that kind of money.

Openreach as to be the slowest organisation when it comes to hooking up the fibre optic, theres tiny villages in the middle nowhere in Northern Ireland has it and major towns without.

Post #138890013th Dec 2014 1:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

Ukraine 

She said the magic word "unlimited" 3 times. I'm sure there is a limit in reality, such as if they find you're hosting ebay in your spare time, but for streaming NowTV it's enough for the 7 gig or do a day. Thumbs Up

Post #138892113th Dec 2014 2:50 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just ring up every year and say you are leaving and they will do a deal, I've been paying 50% of my BB bill for the last 3 years Whistle I'm on the unlimited broadband with them and I've used up to nearly 200GB's of downloads a month and never been warned about my usage Thumbs Up

Our exchange has just been enabled on 1st December but as yet we can't order fibre broadband Evil or Very Mad
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #138892613th Dec 2014 2:57 pm
Bigcol66

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I went 1gb over my 10gb limit and got charged £5.30 for the pleasure Sad
Think I need to threaten to leave them trouble is I have just paid up front for a years line rental.

Post #138901413th Dec 2014 5:44 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

That was the problem we had, once we saw how much data NowTV used, especially with movies. Upgraded cheaply to 40gb/month out of 12 month contract and later realised that would only last bit over a week so had to go to unlimited. Then had to pay "list" price. Happy to be paying new price and wondering if I can get the savings to upgrade my iDog&bone. Whistle

Post #138902113th Dec 2014 5:53 pm
DigitalJunior

United Kingdom 

We are paying SKY £10 for unlimited 40mb BB and £7.50 line rental. Thumbs Up

Post #138911613th Dec 2014 7:52 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I'm on Talk Talk and have unlimited free BB. Thumbs Up

The only problem is my line speed average is 2.6mb. Sad

Post #138933014th Dec 2014 10:21 am
UNG

United Kingdom 

MarkOne wrote:
Openreach as to be the slowest organisation when it comes to hooking up the fibre optic, theres tiny villages in the middle nowhere in Northern Ireland has it and major towns without.

It could be the jobsworth's at your local council the St Helens exchange has been fibre enabled for a good while but the council and their street works policies means the roll out has been delayed by something like 2 years but it could be longer, and I believe the expected live date is now mid 2015. Talking to my brother who works for BT he told me that BT threatened the council they would stop the fibre installation and deploy it elsewhere if the council carried on with their targeting of BT, the councils street works permit scheme and fines means it is difficult to repair the existing network let alone install fibre in the St Helens area with some repairs taking days to sort because a permit or permits are required to avoid being fined. So it may not be Openreach that is the problem
 "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag'em down to your level. It's cheaper".  
Post #138933914th Dec 2014 10:59 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Have been with talk talk for few years but there cost have gone up up and up Big Cry so we move back to BT this tue coming Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #138934014th Dec 2014 11:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MarkOne

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

digitaljunior wrote:
We are paying SKY £10 for unlimited 40mb BB and £7.50 line rental. Thumbs Up

My Sky broadband costs me £3.75 per month and upfront 12 months line rental £140.

I do have sky, maybe you haven't £10 seem expensive. And mine has no limit.

Post #138934114th Dec 2014 11:04 am
kp

United Kingdom 

Sky Fibre for about 18months now, £6/month and £9 for the line rental, although i have a good few packages with them that are also discounted by around 40% but no sports or movies cack Very Happy
 FFRR Owner, very nearly became a D3 owner Smile
Test piloted a new D4 XS SDV6.. Gone and being forgotten i hope!!
D4 HSE 10MY
D4 XS 11MY
SSRR Destroyer *2 Smile 

Post #138945614th Dec 2014 3:18 pm
Brian_DL13

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Discogaz wrote:
I just wish Openreach would get their finger out. Fibre has been at the exchange for almost 3 years and I'm still waiting for it to get to the nearest cabinet - The joys of 2.1mb download.

You lucky Censored I only get half that.

Same story though, exchange was upgraded to fibre back in July but our cabinet is still waiting for Openreach to do something. They really are a shower of Censored IMO

Post #138961414th Dec 2014 7:29 pm
Brian_DL13

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

UNG wrote:
MarkOne wrote:

It could be the jobsworth's at your local council the St Helens exchange has been fibre enabled for a good while but the council and their street works policies means the roll out has been delayed by something like 2 years but it could be longer, and I believe the expected live date is now mid 2015. Talking to my brother who works for BT he told me that BT threatened the council they would stop the fibre installation and deploy it elsewhere if the council carried on with their targeting of BT, the councils street works permit scheme and fines means it is difficult to repair the existing network let alone install fibre in the St Helens area with some repairs taking days to sort because a permit or permits are required to avoid being fined. So it may not be Openreach that is the problem

Part of the problem is that Openreach (oe Beyondreach as our ISP's support desk calls them Whistle ) just refuse to communicate - not just with us poor end users but with the ISPs. SO we don't know if they have an excuse or not.

Post #138961914th Dec 2014 7:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >