Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

FAILURE TO MOTOR DISCO3 TDV6 2006/2007
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mombergue

Brazil 
FAILURE TO MOTOR DISCO3 TDV6 2006/2007

Dear Brothers, after a long working time I'm about to make my dream a long time, owning a Land Rover (not sure of a D3 or RR3). However here in Brazil and in other parts of the world there is a history (small actually) of a "catastrophe" in TDV6 engines (like our friend said hgbosch a topic about mileage of D3). It scares me a lot and takes me peace of mind in order to buy a Land. I heard that the D3 manufactured in 2008 are not more prone to this type of defect, because the connecting rods are the same used in most modern motor (in the case of the 3.0 D4). Another rumor is that if you buy a D3 2006/2007 and make the replacement of the oil pump this problem would be theoretically away. OR a more expensive hypothesis, buy a RR Sport equipped with the V8 TDI engine 272hp, that even being manufactured by PSA (Citroen) does not have this defect. I do not want to give up the LR, but this ghost with me! A spare parts here in Brazil would really be a catastrophe because the prices of original parts are extortionate. Any member of the forum would have such technical information? Thank you in advance for your help in my "safe" acquisition. Tupiniquim hug !!!

Post #13826762nd Dec 2014 4:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >