DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Rear lower wishbones
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Rear lower wishbones

Hi

Hope everyone is keeping well and managing to also stay cool , may i quickly pick ur brains please

My Mot isn’t due till mid sep and had the rear lower wishbones as an advisory

Am wondering are they very difficult to replace please , as wish to be extra careful with the proposed energy price increases I’m thinking if I can do them my self or if it’s really the case to get a garage to replace them

Do have a mechanic that does basic servicing , Mot etc where he will pick my disco up and then drop it off at the end of the day , labour wise I’ll be looking at around £320 which equals roughly 4 x hours

More than likely I’ll get this kit from advanced which works out around £260.00

https://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/kit616-r...8432-p.asp

So by the time I put a Mot etc on top I’ll be looking around £600 , so just thinking in what kind of job it is, do have an impact driver and torque wrench etc , rear uppers have already been done thank god

Plus would it be worth replacing the bottom hub bushes plse, , have done the uppers , however on checking what the part numbers are I see the lower bush has a large circlip and the top bush a knuckle clips which to be honest I never saw on mine and if it’s missing , part number SKZ500012

Many thanks and hope u didn’t mind me asking , I’m always so extremely grateful for the help and massively indebted by such kind advice

Have a great day , apologises with me waffling as per usual, lol , keep safe and well in this very hot weather

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by gstuart on 12th Jul 2022 2:50 am. Edited 3 times in total 
Post #229963012th Jul 2022 12:38 am
gstuart

Apologises as forgot to ask please , if for argument sake I wasn’t able to get the wishbones done before the expiry of the MOT do I have to SORN it or can I simply leave it on my driveway until such times I can get the garage to collect it for its MOT please

Will still be insured and taxed

Many thks once again and sorry for the daft question , Bow down

Post #229963212th Jul 2022 12:58 am
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I have seen the same advisories listed on MOTs for three years, unless you have a knocking on the rear end and cash is tight I would put it in for the MOT early and see what happens, some MOT testers seem to be OTT with Disco suspension bushes, mine failed on bushes 6 months after LR had changed them, took it to a different tester following day and it past without any advisories Shocked
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #229963712th Jul 2022 5:17 am
gstuart

Many thks and indeed see where ur coming from with regards to various test centres

Am limited a little bit because the garage kindly picks the disco up for me and takes it to the mot station , mainly so that I don’t have to wait around for ages , plus haven’t heard any knocking from the rear

Out of curiosity have u seen anything about that top bush clip please , ref SKZ500012

As always very grateful

Post #229964812th Jul 2022 8:06 am
jagbloke

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I dunno about the bushes - would like to as mine are advisory this year - all the rear and the front too.

As for MOT expiry - you are allowed to drive to an MOT after a fail or expiry - if stopped by Police it will help greatly if MOT is booked and not at the other end of the UK Smile

In you case, garage can collect and drive after expiry.

There is of course an overriding obligation for the car to be roadworthy - so you would still be subject to a fine/points if a tyre was illegal for example.

Post #230063619th Jul 2022 4:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >