Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

FACT - Apple ARE the best in the world
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Well they have sold over 10 Million in a week, prices vary up to £789 so take £600 as an average and multiply that, that makes a total of £6 BILLION or nearly $10 BILLION USD in a WEEK Shocked And that is without accessories, insurance and other add ons, what other company could do THAT in a WEEK Shocked

Not even Tesco Whistle

Post #134654623rd Sep 2014 2:16 pm
Pelyma

England 

Not a week, only 3 days and no China in the launch figures this time.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #134656623rd Sep 2014 3:00 pm
Discotres

Includes pre orders but then I guess these were not billed until despatch so yes, and no China as you say, when it is eventually allowed in there it will astronomical.

From what I have heard TV's or should I ay the way we watch media is going to be addressed by Apple as they believe a TV is so out of date now, interesting times indeed Very Happy

Post #134658123rd Sep 2014 3:46 pm
jobster

Netherlands 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Discotres wrote:
I must say I feel like an Apple Yesser Rolling with laughter

I thought the Apple phenominem had worn off but the queues are amazing plus 10 MILLION sold in ONE week, WoW!

Wait until the new iPads are announced next month then the sale of the watch next year, I won't be getting one but I bet they sell millions and millions Wink

Yeah right, you won't be getting an an Apple Watch ...... Rolling with laughter I think that by now we all know you better than yourself. You're probably getting 2.
 RLD Sump Guard
GVIF & rear camera
New FBH via Dan
BAS Remap with IIDTool

Post #134658623rd Sep 2014 3:54 pm
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Martin wrote:
10 million people (plus those older phones updated to iOS 8 ) who can't upload - pretty basic functionality Thud

Not sure I agree on the spares point - spares are not available through Apple, only through non affiliated 3rd parties with spares of often unknown quality and origin. You cannot buy new, sealed, labelled Apple spare parts.

The fact is there is a healthy market and readily available spares, you can't really disagree with that.

Not so easily to get those replacement parts or even be able to fix as much on similar phones.

Form over function? hmmm.... I'd argue that it's a case of better design leading to simplified, more intuitive function. No argument that Android has now started to pioneer and lead rather than follow but I'be yet to see an implementation of anything in Android that hasn't been done better on an i product.

And that's after a concerted effort in 2013 to move off Apple altogether and living with an Android top of the range device for 8 months.

But then.... that's what choice is there for... one of the techie geeks and fiddlers that love Nth degree of configuration, or are only prepared/wiling to pay for cheaper devices and then iOS devices for those that prefer a standard look and feel and are happy to accepts something that "just works" but doesn't allow as much personalisation.
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #134661223rd Sep 2014 4:45 pm
dubbs

anglefire wrote:

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of things I like about the MAC (My wife hates it!) but realistically I don't think you can state reliability and build quality when you compare like with like.

Reliability and build quality on my Apple devices have been a major contributing factor to my purchasing them. In 20 years of using laptops and similar, no PC aside from the late-90s Toshibas and roughly same era Compaqs have provided such a solid build quality in my experience.

This MBA was a bought in 2012, still runs like a dream despite a hard life (roughly 140,000 miles of travelling)
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #134661923rd Sep 2014 4:50 pm
dubbs

Discotres wrote:
Includes pre orders but then I guess these were not billed until despatch so yes, and no China as you say, when it is eventually allowed in there it will astronomical.

From what I have heard TV's or should I ay the way we watch media is going to be addressed by Apple as they believe a TV is so out of date now, interesting times indeed Very Happy

People have been buying iPhones here and selling them in China on the black market for up to 3 times the value.... £2000 for an iPhone 6 anyone? Shocked
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #134662223rd Sep 2014 4:52 pm
Parallax33

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Yeah tried that... Rolling Eyes
 Justin

Discovery 4 MY14 XXV Causeway Grey
RRS MY12 Autobiography
Discovery 4 MY12 GS
Nanocom, Cruise Control, Cubby Fridge, TomTom SatNav, Xenons, BlackVue 

Post #134663923rd Sep 2014 5:27 pm
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

discoteca wrote:
Apple? Sorry, form over function for me. Nothing against those who love them but not my bag.

Each to his own.
10 million people in this world willing to pay a lot of money for whatever convinced them, so they all seem to disagree. Not that I'm trying to convince you here, everyone is entitled to their own judgement and opinion.
I would love to buy a new iPhone, very tempted, but my 5s is 10 months old, I'm self-employed and just don't have a reason to spend the money.

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #134665223rd Sep 2014 5:56 pm
Riccarton Disco

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

iPad Mini - great screen!! Shame about the wireless connection!!

If anyone else in the house is streaming video the iPad drops its wireless signal and won't automatically pick it up again Big Cry Samsung & Kindle products manage to work ok, it's just the iPad Mini.

Apple said, on one of the forums I was reading, that this has been addressed in the newer version - Mine is now a full 9 months old Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Mind you, isn't it a tad ironic that here we are discussing the wonderful Apple products knowing that they have issues which we choose to overlook whilst driving Full Fat Range Rovers!! Rolling with laughter

Post #134666423rd Sep 2014 6:40 pm
wvlenthe

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi Riccarton,

this is not normal. We quite often have 3 ipad mini's (all over 9 month old) streaming from one NAS at the same time and can then still use wifi connection with macbooks without loosing connection.

It would sound to me like your dhcp server is out of addresses and the ipad just isn't given an ip address - hence it not picking up again.

Wiljo
 D3 V8 HSE Auto in Zermatt silver - driveway version gone but not forgotten, only the living room cupboard version remains  
Post #134666723rd Sep 2014 6:43 pm
Paganuk

United Kingdom 

Quote:
- no outlay on virus, spam, trojan protection whatsoever....yearly subscriptions etc

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/arch...ee/258902/

so apple is immune oh look who caught it first

quoted from wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_c...worms#1949

1982[edit]
A program called Elk Cloner, written for Apple II systems, was created by Richard Skrenta. The Apple II was seen as particularly vulnerable due to the storage of its operating system on floppy disk. Elk Cloner's design combined with public ignorance about what malware was and how to protect against it led to Elk Cloner being responsible for the first large-scale computer virus outbreak in history.[8]

1983[edit]
November: The term 'virus' is coined by Frederick Cohen in describing self-replicating computer programs. In 1984 Cohen uses the phrase "computer virus" – as suggested by his teacher Leonard Adleman – to describe the operation of such programs in terms of "infection". He defines a 'virus' as "a program that can 'infect' other programs by modifying them to include a possibly evolved copy of itself." Cohen demonstrates a virus-like program on a VAX11/750 system at Lehigh University. The program could install itself in, or infect, other system objects.[9][not in citation given]
A very early Trojan Horse designed for the IBM PC called ARF-ARF was downloaded from BBS sites and claimed to “Sort” the DOS Diskette Directory. This was a very desirable feature because DOS didn’t list the files in alphabetical order in 1983. Instead, the program deleted all of the files on the diskette, cleared the screen and typed ARF – ARF. ARF was a reference to the common “Abort, Retry Fail” message you would get when a PC could not boot from a diskette

and yes I know pc's get more that because there's more pc's out there than macs

[/quote]The hardware is superbly made....durable & for me hasn't failed....integrated with software that may be sewn up OK.....but "it works" & is realistically costed for the bits you maybe have to buy....[/quote]

quoted from apple site
£1399
13-inch starting from £2.8GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
Intel Iris Graphics
Backlit Keyboard (British) & User's Guide (English)
Its a Censored a PC that you pay through the nose for

pc based equivalent but I chose an expensive brand and its still more bang for your buck
£1322
Lenovo t440p
Processor: Intel Core i7-4710MQ Processor (2.5GHz, 6MB, 47W) Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Display: 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080), Mobile Broadband Ready Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M 1GB Memory: 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3L (2 DIMM) Hard Drive: SSHD 500GB5400 8GB Cache Optical Device: DVD Recordable

I do however think they are well made look great or did but are so far behind every other phone and computer manufacturer but way to over priced and way to limiting

Bow down Bow down sorry rant over
I will let you sheep get back to being led around
 Survived the 2014 PotNoodle Challenge!

Club 300k+
Club General AT
Club Mantec
Club MT/R
Current
2016 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4TDV8 L405 Marianna Black
Previous -
2010 D4 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue DO59MUD
2005 D3 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue OMO2
2005 D3 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue 318k OMO1
2002 D2 TD5 ES7 Black
2000 P38 DHSE Green
1986 Range Rover Classic Green 

Post #134669123rd Sep 2014 7:16 pm
Discotres

I see the Yessers have arrived Rolling Eyes

Post #134669323rd Sep 2014 7:19 pm
dubbs

Love how generally Apple users will turn around and say "yes I can see how people like Android but I just prefer this device, it's the best for me" whereas android users have continually drone on about how their device is so much better and insist on arguing apple products are crap and everyone is a sheep.

I had Android, it's a great OS if you want that sort of thing but I don't and for me (and many others) the Apple product is a superior package for my requirements.

Just accept it and move on... It really isn't hard and you still get to play with the gadgets you love
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #134671023rd Sep 2014 7:44 pm
Riccarton Disco

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

wvlenthe wrote:
Hi Riccarton,

this is not normal. We quite often have 3 ipad mini's (all over 9 month old) streaming from one NAS at the same time and can then still use wifi connection with macbooks without loosing connection.

It would sound to me like your dhcp server is out of addresses and the ipad just isn't given an ip address - hence it not picking up again.

Wiljo

Sorry wvlenthe, it appears your keyboard went into Wibble-Tech language by mistake Rolling with laughter

My dhcp doofer thingymybob what? Is that a bit like a triple A overhead manifold sprocket?? Thumbs Up

All I can say it that we are all connected fine with no issues until someone starts streaming and then the mini loses the wifi (not just internet). I then have to go into options and tell it reconnect to the router which it does even if the others are still streaming but then loses it again soon Big Cry

I've come to the conclusion our I.T. doesn't like me and is ganging up on me Rolling with laughter

Post #134671123rd Sep 2014 7:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >