Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[For Sale] Dessicant dehumidifier
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LiftedDisco

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4
[For Sale] Dessicant dehumidifier

OK... I will admit that this is something of a long shot but it seems like there is as wide an audience on here as anywhere I have a sneaky feeling that someone may have a use for this (or know someone who does...) so here goes...

We have a large commercial dessicant dehumidifier that came out of a project that is looking for a good home (any home)...

Tech spec here:

http://www.munters.com//templates/ProductF...D48161304F

We put this into a temporary ice rink so that we could provide dry, warm air... apparently if the warm air contains moisture, you get clouds at about 2m above the ice where warm wet air meets colder air...

The facility was in place for just two years (allowing a redevelopment of the nearby ice rink, swimming pool etc) so I am confident that this unit has had minimal use.

For those who want the technical blurb, the dessicant wheel rotates within the air flow, drying the air as it passes through - the structure that we were dealing with was 35m x 65m (on 6m columns) so this will cope with some fairly large volumes.

Why would you dehumidify... well, as above, to prevent condensation and to reduce Relative Humidity levels... taking RH below 50% will generally reduce or eliminate the risk of rust and degradation to stored materials. We have a client who stores cardboard packaging... reducing the RH levels in the structure means that they don't suffer from 'soft cardboard' and have minimised their losses.

New, this thing would cost you around £30k... I'd probably look at something around the £8-10k mark, collected from Brackley in Northamptonshire.

Anyone?

Something for Martin and the forum if it sells on here, of course!

Very Happy
 D4 Commercial - 65 Plate, 2016MY

D5 Commercial - Handed back when I left that job…
D4 Commercial (2014MY) - gone
D4 Commercial SDV6 - Baltic Blue (also gone)
D1 300TDi... 2" lift, HD bumpers (both), detachable tow hitch, 9,500lb winch, 235/85/16 muds and plenty of other toys (gone to make way for the next toy...)

Smiles per Mile - Tornado Motorsports caged Evo 3... 100" Defender look-alike, with Range Rover running gear - all fully IVA'd and registered! 

Post #133844411th Sep 2014 10:56 am
James W

Saudi Arabia 

I think SWMBO might want to plumb me into something like this on a Sunday morning after a night on the real ales Whistle

Laughing

Good luck with the sale, it certainly looks like a hefty bit of kit.

Post #133845111th Sep 2014 11:25 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >