Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Leather retrim and heated seats element
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
superted4

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Leather retrim and heated seats element

Not sure I've posted this in the right forum, but here it goes. Looking at purchasing a disco 3 S with cloth interior and my budget would allow a leather retrim. The drivers side heated seat isn't working and it needs a new element. I've contacted seat surgeons and they said buy an genuine land rover element and they will swap when doing the retrim, but when I've contacted my local dealer they have advised there is 2 options, one for cloth seats and the other for leather and in their opinion each would react differently.

So my question is will the other other heated seat elements be affected from going to a cloth cover to a leather cover. I've email seat surgeons (as I always like these things in writing) but they haven't got back to me yet and I'm going to see/hopefully pick up the car on Saturday

Post #128801122nd May 2014 5:39 pm
SkyBear

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I am only guessing but it would not surprise me to have two different outputs for the two materials. From memory there is even an option to select leather seats fitted or not in the CCF. Can not check right now but if my memory is right then this may well point to there being two options.

Of course you would need to check with TLO for part numbers to be sure as it may be one part controlled differently by the car hence the option in the CCF.

SB
 Black 05 V8SE  
Post #128801322nd May 2014 5:47 pm
armalites

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Re: Leather retrim and heated seats element

superted4 wrote:
Not sure I've posted this in the right forum, but here it goes. Looking at purchasing a disco 3 S with cloth interior and my budget would allow a leather retrim. The drivers side heated seat isn't working and it needs a new element. I've contacted seat surgeons and they said buy an genuine land rover element and they will swap when doing the retrim, but when I've contacted my local dealer they have advised there is 2 options, one for cloth seats and the other for leather and in their opinion each would react differently.

So my question is will the other other heated seat elements be affected from going to a cloth cover to a leather cover. I've email seat surgeons (as I always like these things in writing) but they haven't got back to me yet and I'm going to see/hopefully pick up the car on Saturday

Surely if your budget will run to a leather retrim you'd be better buying one with leather in the first place?
 IID PRO
MSV Extreme
Nanocom One 

Post #128805522nd May 2014 7:33 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

we had our old d3 recovered from cloth to leather £1400 for five seats only,not the fold aways
think they buy the covers in kits,already made up

Post #128811222nd May 2014 9:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
superted4

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Re: Leather retrim and heated seats element

armalites wrote:
superted4 wrote:

Surely if your budget will run to a leather retrim you'd be better buying one with leather in the first place?

I got the car for a very good price that allows me to have the leather re trimmed. If looked at higher spec models with leather interior and they were £1500 - £2000 more, without as good service history and not in as good a condition. This way I get best of both worlds, as it'll give the interior a brand new feel to it

Post #128976527th May 2014 4:13 pm
Ash3

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Why not see on if you can buy complete leather seat set from flea bay or abreakers yard, and if heated then at least they will have the heater element already fitted...

I remember seeing a set of retrim covers which seat surgeons had made for another customer who never collected and they sold for around 800ish including fitting. I asked seat surgeons how much it would cost and they quoted me around 1200 or 1250ish if I remember correctly...

Anyhows bonus of retrim is that you can have any colour combo, quilted design and choose your own design..ie what combo of the available options your heart so chooses Thumbs Up

Post #128978927th May 2014 4:55 pm
pagoda

Canada 2016 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteLR4

This was my experience re-trimming a cloth D3. Very happy with the result.

My seat pad was changed just before the car went for a re-trim. I had no idea there was a different seat pad for fabric and leather. I had the car for, I think, almost 2 years with the fabric heated seat under leather and it was never a problem.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic45640.h...r+interior
 PAGODA  
Post #128981027th May 2014 5:30 pm
geoff.

England 

this is the lot you want Thumbs Up

http://www.theseatsurgeons.com/metadot/ind...ry;op=show

Post #128989427th May 2014 8:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >