Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

timed climate/fbh fault help please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Well at last someone with the same problem, particularly the running rough. Car was in the stealer last week and they said they had solved it by fitting a new battery, but no chance, did it again twice this morning. They tried a new battery last February and it didn't work then either. Utterly clueless as to how to sort it out.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #73741726th Dec 2010 5:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
F355GTS

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

I just read your post in more detail and note that whilst the rear heated screen came on this morning the front did not work despite the dash light being lit.

Last time it happened it did give me a battery low warning on the dash while i was cleaning the car, it started OK so I ignored it, FBH then did not run reporting battery too low, I put the battery charger on for a few hours and it then worked fine the next morning and for the next few days but the car was used each day.

Does seem the battery is reporting too low and only seems to be when the car has not ben used for 24 hours or so. Wonder if the electric waterpump and heater fans are drawing a lot of current?
 Mark  
Post #73743426th Dec 2010 5:53 pm
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The problem for me is that I don't have timed climate on my car, it just doesn't start the FBH and other random electrical systems because it seems to think the battery is low. In this weather the two things I need most first thing are FBH and heateD front screen but I get neither 70 percent of the time. 8 trips to the dealers for this fgault alone and frankly it's driving me nuts.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #73754527th Dec 2010 2:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
F355GTS

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Understand your frustration! I'm off to the Alps in 10 days for 2 weeks and want both working. It said unavailable this morning again and I just plugged my batt charger in which is reporting sub 20% charge in the battery:?: The car has been used extensively inc. a daily 70 mile round trip up until last Thursday, since then admittedly only a few 10 or so mile journeys. Seems at this time of year with heated, seats, screens, lights etc on, the alternator is not able to keep up

I'll do a full charge tonight and see how it fares over the next few days
 Mark  
Post #73761827th Dec 2010 11:57 am
SHARKYSHARKS

England 

You need to get your battery discharge tested which will give you a better idea of the fault, also get the charging system checked at the same time,
If your D4 is one of the first 59 plates, I was told that they had been fitted with old stock batts, Shocked could have been a dodgy batch. Shocked
I had my batt changed at 10 months old. So far no further fault codes but now i do keep it charged via the 12 S socket.
 MY18 D5 HSE LUX😎
MY12 Freelander SD4 HSE
44 Tonne 12 Litre 6x2 Scania T cab (Current)
Freelander 1 (Wrote off 😫)
Ex D1
Ex D2 GS
Ex V8 D2 GS
Ex D3 S
Ex D4 GS
Club skip ya lockers !!!
Club BAS remote heater !!
Club Duratrac
Club Phillips DRL
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 1
Club Prospeed Rack Mk 2
Club Sankey
Club RLD spare wheel protector

Post #73809428th Dec 2010 1:56 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

F355GTS wrote:
I've Pete's activation of the FBH, twice now inc this morning it is reporting unavailable and to check battery and fuel levels, fuel is fine as it's 3/4 full so I'm guessing battery. it's only happened after the car has not been used for 24 hours or more, ie works day 1 at 8.30 am, day 2 car not used but FBH does run OK at 8.30am , Day 3 fbh does not work at 8.30 am and attempts to make it gives fuel/ battery error

Also noted the engine is very rough for 10 mons or so

Car is April '10 build, no dealer updates done

If the car is not used the same day after the timed climate has fired on a preset time on that day it will not work untill after the next engine start.

Basiclly, if the timed climate has does a cycle, it wont run again a timed request untill after an engine start.

pete

Post #7440359th Jan 2011 9:38 pm
MeanDorris

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I had mine activated by Pete at BAS.

I have also had some issues with the low battery indicator and sometime the FBH won't kick in and reports this error.

It seems that use of the FBH puts a reasonable draw on the battery, coupled with short runs with headlights on etc is not giving it much charge.

One other weird thing that has happened a few times now when the FBH has been running is that the car alarm has been set off!

Anyone else had that problem? EDIT - it seems so, just found this thread http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic57732.html

Post #7585868th Feb 2011 2:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >