DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Start Stop system bypass/complete disable mod
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
CUCO

Spain 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Start Stop system bypass/complete disable mod

I have an idea for the people that hates the start stop system:

Maybe you need to disable it every time you get into the car because you dont want to have the system running, ageing engine, starter, batts or because you dislike the behaviour, and you think is messy and inconveniente and you are looking af a always off system to get rid of the now on, now off,now on, now off system..

Well, i think that if you disconect (or jumper, depending on the normally open or normally closed status of the sensor as it have only two wires, matter of try and error) the vacuum pressure sensor brown conector, you could fool the ST-SP system in thinking that vacuum is lost and engine rotation is needed to create it, keeping the engine running as a normal non ST-SP.

This is the brown connector, just right to the brake reservoir, atacched to the vacuum black line:

Click image to enlarge

This is only an idea, as i have a non ST-SP one , without testing it, I cant afirm that this is ok, but seem a very plausible easy mod, similar to the alarm sounder mod in the D3.

Post #128726721st May 2014 11:43 am
CUCO

Spain 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Another way to achieve it, for the electrinically minded is what a spanish owner of a start stop car did to eliminate the system:
Video here:

The difference is that this system use the start stop in dash button and push the button every time for us. This system let driver the option of use the button to toggle between on and off as usual.

If the idea of my previous post is ok, you could have this same option with ONLY an switch to thw brown connector.

Post #128728021st May 2014 12:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >