Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Smart key not found, TPMS and stop/start not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Dannyson

England 

Shocked Warranty Direct seem to be in trouble and according to Motor Easy are no longer accepting new or renewals.

So I would be interested in your observations re Warranties (for crankshaft cover especially). Mine with WD expires in July and have posted some comments and quotes from others under the warranty bit on this forum Thumbs Up
 2016MY Discovery HSE - Black
2009MY Toyota Land Cruiser (Lc4) - Black 

Post #219305710th Dec 2020 10:44 pm
peteyd

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Car is now home and all fixed.

LR replaced the KVM and two keys under the warranty direct warranty. They said that fixed the problem with the module but the keys couldn't be programmed. They needed to drop the interior lining above the driver and passenger seats to take a look at the antennas. They found an earth cable was loose plus some wiring corrosion. Fixed those up and we finally have a working car.

WD have said they don't cover wiring. I'll given them a call tomorrow to discuss, but I'm sure they'll be able to point to some clause or other. I'm £750 down at the moment, £250 policy excess for the KVM and keys, and I had to pay £500 for the additional work.

Does make me wonder if the KVM and keys ever were the problem as there were no errors on the IID indicating a KVM issue, but maybe LR's diagnostics found something the IID couldn't.

Stop/start, TPMS and keyless entry all now working. I've also got a CTEK5 and 13 pin tow electrics adapter to keep the new Halfords battery topped up.

Driving the car today, the windscreen got hit by a stone which caused a 1" crack to appear. Within seconds this had grown to over a foot long. So now have an Auto Windscreens appointment via my insurance, and the next challenge is to get an LR-branded Pilkington Optikool windscreen rather than a knock-off copy.
 MY16 D4 Graphite in Loire Blue  
Post #219371813th Dec 2020 10:37 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Just read this update.
Glad it's fixed but sorry to hear about your costs. Regarding the windscreen , that really is bad luck. Many people on here have had battles regarding getting the Pilkington screen, which , it appears, is possible if you stick to your guns. Make sure they put everything back properly (various sensors , wiring etc). There have also been reports of not fitting the A pillar trims back properly .
As always, it will be good to hear how you get on and get around any issues.
Good luck. I hope your luck with the car improves in 2021
Cheers
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #219680928th Dec 2020 3:15 pm
peteyd

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Been a while since I updated....

Windscreen replaced by Auto Windscreens last week at third go. First go was called off as it was lashing it down. The engineer said he could give it a go and any water damage would be covered, but that I might prefer to reschedule, so I did. Second go was postponed as the engineer was sick on the day. Third go went smoothly. Engineer was really good, fitted a branded Land Rover Pilikington OptiKool windscreen, all clips were new. Have to say, I am very pleased with the process.

I have an ongoing case with Warranty Direct about my £400 bill for wiring. They have agreed in principle that wiring loom issues are covered and they are reviewing the diagnostics provided by LR. Current feeling is that LR made no effort to put my case forward and just folded at first pushback from WD.

I have just put my car on to charge via the CTEK 5 I bought along with the 13 pin tow electrics adapter. One quick question, should I select the AGM option as the main battery is indeed AGM, or the normal option as the SS battery is not AGM (I think - it is the original one).

BTW, the new Halfords main battery has sorted my stop start issues, not that I'm exactly going very far at the moment, hence the need to charge the battery.
 MY16 D4 Graphite in Loire Blue 

Last edited by peteyd on 17th Jan 2021 3:27 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #220307317th Jan 2021 2:59 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hi peteyd
Good to get an update. Both batteries are AGM, so that is the right setting.
Take care[/code]
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #220307417th Jan 2021 3:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >