Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

retrofit 4x4 screen only
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JayC

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
retrofit 4x4 screen only

Hello folks. Just got my hands on my first Land Rover Disco 3 SE 2009. Very excited. Mine has the 6 CD stacker with the numerical pad, DVD stacker, DVD screens in head rests, amp under driver seat etc. But just has the cubby space in between the 2 air vents, no screen. I have a few questions:

1 - I apologize if this has been covered - I have gone through the older threads and have found how to retrofit the D3 with the Sat Nav system - I have seen an incredibly detailed post about how to do it (by IanNP - thank you), and I am somewhat up for the challenge. I guess my only question is... Is it at all easier if I just want the 4x4 info screen and nothing else? I don't need the navigation or the bluetooth module (mine has neither). I am only looking for that 4x4 info. Is this even possible? would I still need to try get my hands on the ICE loom etc?

here is the link to the detailed post by IanNP - https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic42860....it+sat+Nav

2 - Can the DVD Stacker (Positioned in the right rear seat storage box) be removed easily?

3 - I would like to replace the head unit. I want to move the OEM Head unit to the rear of the vehicle, hidden away somewhere. Thinking of doing this just to retain the connectivity to the rest of the car. Question is do I just need to feed it power and then get a fibre optic extension cable. is that all it needs to keep the car happy, I will wire up the after market stereo with the connect2 thingy or something similar.

thanks in advance

J

Post #224275121st Jul 2021 12:09 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Gee wherre to start ..... Shocked

1. To enable a 4x4 display in a D3 you need a GAP IID or something else that can do CCF edits.
You may want to consider a D4 display so you could have a reversing camera. (must have GAP IID ONLY for camera enabling) The nav map HDD is built in to display on D4, so you only need an antenna to get it working

But yes, you don't need the D3 map disc drive if fitting D3 display or BT
You need the optical connection from the headunit

3. the head unit needs connection to the can bus (medium speed?), power, steering wheel buttons, enable o/p. and optical bus. Most people put it in the upper glovebox.

Then you need to connect the new headunits speaker connections to the speaker wires (which are under the seat) That is what the connects 2 loom does.

Post #224278521st Jul 2021 4:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >