Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

Retofitting Disco 4 Sat Nav
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
friedrich-immo.at

Austria 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4
Retofitting Disco 4 Sat Nav

Hi all! I started this project a few moths ago and finalized it last weekend, we started with the Disco 4 with the lowline infotainment system, after searching the forum i met PhilW without his help and continues support this would never have happened, he was the first to retrofit the disc 4 sat nab , and we did it again!

the following was done , new front loom, new loom in the back, bluetooth phone module,dab unit, new cd player as well as new usb7ipod module, as also the new touchscreen display, all of this was bought at a breaker in the UK, after retrofitting everything which took us about 18 hours with 2 technicians and with the support from phillip who was online most of the time via Skype!

after we where finished with the installation of everything, we used the fault mate msv2 for the software, did all the changes at her ccf and eucd, after sending to to sleep we started the car and to our surprise the disco 4 has also the informations not only on the normal touchscreen but also on the tft screen, since we didn't know where the touchscreen came from (we found out later ) that it must be from an range rover sport, meant to be for japan since it says in the back not EU but JP and there was also one connection in the back we could not use up, turns out that this is for the SDARS system, now everything works exact for the navigation which is still in japanese ( we are working on this issue still) but all the other features are already in german.

Bow down Bow down Bow down
Now my greatest THANK YOU goes out to PHilip Westerby with out him this would not have been possible, we had hours of video chatting, so i could understand how my car works, as you might know i am from austria so it was not always easy for him and me understanding what we meant. Bow down Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up

we also installed the cornering light , and we also working on the retrofitting power folding mirrors which should be done within next week, ( we will keep you all posted)

a special thanks goes out to wiggs as well!!l he help us out when we did not know what we did wrong with the FBH and the Remote as well as with the cornering light! Bow down Thumbs Up

you can look at some of the picture at my Galerie.

so...... Thanks Again to PhilW!! for all the support and help, and i have to honest i was often about to throw everything away too.

PS: Our newest Project.....Retofitting the Souround Camera System!! We will keep you all posted Smile

Post #8564588th Nov 2011 5:19 pm
Phillw

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Thanks Alex for all your kind comments on the forum. Smile
It certainly was a major project to take on, but with the wonders of modern technology, it was made much easier. Also Alex's perseverance needs to be acknowledged, as he could have easily given up but he's not that sort of guy, and I’m sure he can assure you of how worth while doing it really is (even if the sat nav is currently in Japanese.. hey alex Wink )
Once again Alex, thanks again for all the comments and it has been a great pleasure to work with you on this project and to see it finally completed.
Here's to the next Thumbs Up

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #8565768th Nov 2011 8:56 pm
DiscoDad

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Impressive!

Well done chaps. Thumbs Up

Post #8565828th Nov 2011 9:08 pm
friedrich-immo.at

Austria 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

DiscoDad wrote:
Impressive!

Well done chaps. Thumbs Up

thank you, One down the next project is coming up on friday( Powerfold mirrors and Cornering lights) i will post pictures asap.

Post #8565898th Nov 2011 9:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >