Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > IIDTool Help

Re-flashing Airbag RCM
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
scarecrow

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Re-flashing Airbag RCM

Hi all, I’ve got the dreaded B1A00-49 airbag control module internal fault code and an SRS light on. Came on after moving the drivers seat, but now won’t clear.

I’ve checked all the live values, and all seem ok except that both safety belt sensors come up as a fault when buckled but no fault when open, and always read as unbuckled whether plugged in or not.

From searching other posts on here it sounds like getting a replacement RCM is the way to go (£25 off eBay rather than £400+ from LR!) but it sounds like it needs to be re-flashed using the IID. Can somebody tell me how to go about that please, or do I just need to drop an email to GAP?

Also, is it worth unplugging the existing RCM and cleaning out the connectors first, or is that a wasted bit of disassembly once the code has appeared?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Post #224440631st Jul 2021 4:20 pm
scarecrow

Well advice from GAP is it has to be a new unit anyway, used is apparently not an option…

Post #224592510th Aug 2021 7:48 am
eightfoot

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

i used to get this when i moved the drivers seat was really frustrating i eventually fixed it by taking the block connector out of the little plastic box attached to the seat base and blasting each connector with switch cleaner and then i seem to recall it took several attempts at clearing the codes patience is your friend with this one mines been ok for several years now (fingers crossed)
 please excuse any grammer/punctuation mistakes,i'm thick,thankyou
current vehicles 2005 d3 2013 d4 

Post #224592710th Aug 2021 8:01 am
scarecrow

Thanks eightfoot, given it started when the seat was moved that sounds like it’s worth a try before parting with the cash for a new unit! I assume that’s a battery-disconnected job since pyros are involved. Is there just the one connector to the box? (I’m not with the car at the moment)

Post #224592810th Aug 2021 8:06 am
Russell

United Kingdom 

From memory in the early days there use to be wires that broke under the seat that gave that issue, may be worth checking them all
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #224593710th Aug 2021 9:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
eightfoot

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

scarecrow wrote:
Thanks eightfoot, given it started when the seat was moved that sounds like it’s worth a try before parting with the cash for a new unit! I assume that’s a battery-disconnected job since pyros are involved. Is there just the one connector to the box? (I’m not with the car at the moment)

prob safest to disc the batt (i didnt) and there are 4 or 5 connectors in the box make sure that none are badly bent or pressing hard against each other (resistance thing) i seem to recall they where also quite badly crushed against the seat runner where they come through the carpet by the seat runner

my saga started when i moved the seat to vacuum the debris from under the seat that will teach me to clean a landrover but been alright since rearraigning the wires and contact cleaning them all a few years now
 please excuse any grammer/punctuation mistakes,i'm thick,thankyou
current vehicles 2005 d3 2013 d4 

Post #224594910th Aug 2021 11:14 am
scarecrow

Thanks both will give it a go when I get home. I’ve got Lazy Entry turned on so the seat moves about quite a lot every time I get in and out maybe not such a good idea!

Post #224597310th Aug 2021 3:13 pm
scarecrow

Well I finally got round to getting under the seat. Opened up the connector and cleaned it out, no change. Also removed the centre console and removed/cleaned connectors on the Restraint Control Module itself but the fault is still there. Looks like I’m going to need a new RCM after all ):

Thanks for the suggestions all the same, definitely worth a try before shelling out

Update to the update: Part numbers for the RCM seem to vary, as does price! NNW512000 seems to be widely quoted, but according to Island 4x4’s site this is only good up to chassis number 8A443845 - mine is 8A447xxx. Wish I’d taken a photo when I had the thing exposed!!

Is there a guide somewhere that would tell me which module I need?

Post #224671315th Aug 2021 5:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >