Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

P279D-O2 error code and 500 mile trip ahead to the alps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JonathanB48

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
P279D-O2 error code and 500 mile trip ahead to the alps

I’m sending this cry for help from my hotel room in Reims in France- on the way to Les Gets in my 2016 d4 landmark- 78000 miles, big service with belt change etc a month ago at Wimbledon Landrover. It threw a gearbox fault amber and then went into limp- we managed to nurse it from Calais to Reims. I happened to have my code reader which said it had p279d -o2 Tcmm fault ( 4 wd range signal) I was able to reset codes and then it would go ok for a while then come back - even reset them on the move with scanner plugged in but didn’t like that for long. Recent work has included a truly painful global to emetics tracker and immobiliser at the insistence of Chubb insurers and also messing around with some additional lights in the grill but these are not wired in. Also car is not driven that often and I believe start stop battery was changed at service Any ideas as to

1) where I might get it looked at in France (Reims or on the way to les gets)
2) what might be the cause and fiix ( battery and electrical connections seem to be a potential cause)

Thanks for any help

BW Jonathan

Post #236226617th Feb 2024 6:02 am
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hi
I did a search for that error code and this topic came up. The poster had the same error as you. Fix was new battery.
https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post2173455.html#2173455
Take a look for yourself. This car seems very sensitive to battery issues, which can cause random errors.

I am no expert on this, but from the forum, I also know that electrical and random issues can be caused by a faulty earth connection . Search for that on the forum if you need it. The temp fix for that is to run a jump lead from battery negative to body.
Good luck with getting it sorted.
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #236227317th Feb 2024 11:08 am
JonathanB48

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks Gary,

Was a fascinating trip with my son as riding mechanic. We stoped many times but eventually resolved some of the issues. The situation got worse and went into restricted performance. Discovered we had to issues

1) p279d-o2 seems to be minor and not affecting the car
2) much more serious as was an air leak in engine control model.

As luck would have it Lrtime, had exactly the same issue and so diagnosis was simple. The throttle body on the front of the engine had become incorrectly seated. We fixed it but it bounced off whilst going over a bump. My ever resourceful son used cable ties and it is now firmly attached to the car . On 1 will need it to go back to the dealer!

Post #236247520th Feb 2024 7:16 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >