Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

New Car Tomorrow - Problems Today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ron Dunbar

Scotland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
New Car Tomorrow - Problems Today

I should be collecting my 2006 TDV6HSE tomorrow afternoon.
Went down today, to PDI it, just in case.

1. Wood Fascia - coming loose from the dash all over. One piece came of in my hand.

2. Plastic Door Protection Strips - same again. Already coming off at the corners. I told the dealer that this had happened with my TD6s, but sounds as though he just didn't listen.

3. Number Plates - Told them in writing I would supply my own plates, but sure enough, there were a couple of dealer screw-on plates fitted.

4. Question - does the power socket at the rear of the cntral armrest have a cigar lighter or protective cover other than the fold-down flap? It should have, as I'm sure a kid will stick something metal in it within the first month.

That's all, but I still haven't started the engine or played with anything electrical.

There's got to be a bright side to it.
For the first time in about ten cars, they've actually done what I asked, and haven't stuck a dealer sticker on the rear window, across the heated element. Yeah.

Anthing else I should look for tomorrow when I collect it.

I'm not going to sleep much tonight, and it's all this forum's fault . . . .
 Ron Dunbar

Grey D4 TDV6 HSE
Skoda TDi Roomster Scout 

Post #1438525th Aug 2005 7:31 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Ron,

1. There have been mixed reviews of these sticks on extras
2. Mine are tight as a proverbial...........
3. I am pretty certain, whatever you may have told them, that they are obliged when first registering the car to apply plates. Thought we'd already had that debate?
4. Just a flap. Mine has been well kid tested and remains intact.

Tomorrow, make them take you through all the motions - inlcuding testing the air suspension settings.........I have heard of some dealers giving a two hour handover session.

Have a few large drams, that'll make you sleep.

Post #1439025th Aug 2005 7:44 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

And most of all... see if you CANT smile like the proverbial Cheshire Cat when you drive off down the road... bet you can't !

Enjoy and don't take too much from problems we see here. We are but 250 out of many hundreds if not thousands of users out there. Most of the 250 are also just readers of the site and contribute very little (which is of course more than OK). So in fact the amount of issues reported are from a small percentage of cars and most of these I think were early build too.

Cheers and of course from the minute you sign for the car your officially one of us Wink

-s

Post #1439925th Aug 2005 8:04 pm
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Winger wrote:

Tomorrow, make them take you through all the motions - inlcuding testing the air suspension settings.........I have heard of some dealers giving a two hour handover session.

I had a 2 minute hand over session. No schmoosing or attempts to explain anything other than the basic park brake operation and a reminder to check oil regularly for a while until the engine eases in.

Enjoy tomorrow- your first drive should be a special experience!
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #1440125th Aug 2005 8:08 pm
BN

England 

Winger wrote:
Ron,

1. There have been mixed reviews of these sticks on extras
2. Mine are tight as a proverbial...........
3. I am pretty certain, whatever you may have told them, that they are obliged when first registering the car to apply plates. Thought we'd already had that debate?
4. Just a flap. Mine has been well kid tested and remains intact.

Have a few large drams, that'll make you sleep.

Regulation number plates have to be fitted on registration or sale, I can endorse wingers comments.

A small point that may help. On the first few minutes of your journey you MAY have a parking brake fault appear or the next time you start the car. Don't worry, this is a common occurance when the car has been dealer reset. It means they may have not carried out one calibration check due to lack of space. It should go if you switch off and restart, after that you should not see it again.

Only learn't that today.

Post #1441625th Aug 2005 9:05 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Watch the fuel computer. I would think they should give you a full tank, in which case you will have no problem. BUT when mine gets down to 100 miles left, I look for a filling station! It will go to Zero in about 20 miles.

Enjoy it.

Post #1447425th Aug 2005 10:04 pm
BN

England 

Gareth wrote:
Watch the fuel computer. I would think they should give you a full tank, in which case you will have no problem. BUT when mine gets down to 100 miles left, I look for a filling station! It will go to Zero in about 20 miles.

Enjoy it.

I am just trying that today Gareth after the full reset. I am down to 90 miles left.

Post #1448125th Aug 2005 10:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >