Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D3)

Mutliple faults lit up the dashboard
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 15 <123 ... 12 131415>
Cameron2020

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

After some help please my disco 3 keeps going to limp mode
Hdc fault
F in gear position
Limited gears
Suspension access hight
Engine fault
I have
Changed the fuel pressure sensor on the rail
Changed the fuel filter
Changed the brake senor
Checked the earth wires down behind the bonnet catch
Checked all the wires connected to the shifter for corrosion
Check the ecu behind the battery for broke pins

Post #222624122nd Apr 2021 9:32 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

Best to get the codes read otherwise ur just chasing ur tail and costing u a fortune in just changing parts

Post #222624622nd Apr 2021 9:51 pm
Cameron2020

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Hi I have codes read i have the following
Egr witch is they have been blanked off
Fuel pressure monitoring malfunction
Fuel rail pressure sensor signal too low

Post #222624722nd Apr 2021 9:53 pm
gstuart

Hi

Can u remember the fault code letter / numbers please

Also good as with diagnostics u can look at the live data

Plus what’s the history of the landy please , ie have u just bought it , developed suddenly or over time

Hope that helps

Post #222624922nd Apr 2021 9:57 pm
Cameron2020

P0490 p2290 p0191
Had the landy since feb 2020
She's been a headache from day one 😪
Compressor failed
4 brake senor switches
Diesel leak
Fan belt snaped
Battery failed
Alternator failed
Had full service
Disk and pads all round
Rear upper arms had play

Its a 2009 2 3 owners from new 115k miles
Fsh

I do love the motor and so does the misses but getting to a point now were she doesn't want to take it out as she feels its going to break down

Post #222625322nd Apr 2021 10:07 pm
Cameron2020

Sorry and I have replaced the fuel pressure sensor on the injection rail

Post #222625922nd Apr 2021 10:28 pm
gstuart

Hi

Thanks for the details , shame you’ve had so much agro , repairs can certainly start to run away if they’ve not been looked after in the past

I’m wondering if it might be an idea to start a thread, copy the codes and info over so that it can be kept all in one thread for u

Can then start to help to see if we can pin it down by starting with the basics

Hope that helps

Post #222626522nd Apr 2021 11:52 pm
Gorilla63

United Kingdom 

Deleted.

Post #222626823rd Apr 2021 4:53 am
Cardinal

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Help - Dreaded HDC/Transmission error

Hi all,
Sorry to highjack a post but don't know how else to post for help!

I have a 2008 Discovery 3 SE which has started to develop an issue whereby I get the transmission, parking brake and hdc error messages cropping up. If I stop and restart the car the error clears but will then pop up again anywhere between 1/2 mile and 10 miles later.

I have replaced the brake switch, replaced the brake bulbs, checked the battery and swapped it out for one on a working D3, checked and cleaned all the electrical connectors I can find and still it has not resolved.

The error codes I'm getting are:
Engine TDV6

P0402-22 (28) Exhaust gas recirculation flow excessive detected - General signal failure - signal amplitude>maximum

Instrument Pack

U0132-87 (2C) Lost communication with ride level control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
U0159-87 (2E) Lost communication with parking assist control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message

Navigation

B1A00-49 (2E) Control module - System internal failure - internal electronic failure
( on 11-06-2021 09:30:05 at 8689923 km )

Parking Brake

U0100-87 (A8) Lost communication with engine control module/powertrain control module 'A' - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
( on 09-06-2021 23:17:26 at 235902 km )

Suspension

C1A20-64 (6C) Pressure increases too slow when filling reservoir - Algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure
( on 09-06-2021 00:12:10 at 235896 km )

Ventilation

B1B78-84 (2E) System pressure - Bus signal/message failure - signal is below allowable range
( on 11-06-2021 09:30:14 at 235908 km )

The suspension, ventilation and navigation ones I'm not worried about at the moment - Aircon needs regarding, nav screen I did the wire fix to get the 4x4 display and air tank needs replacing for the suspension. I've also been told the EGR issue is not connected to this.

Please help as I don't know what to do next!!!!!

Post #223550711th Jun 2021 11:45 am
ionut.fodor

Romania 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Multiple issues with a Disco 3 after body off chassis

Hello there. Please if someone can help with an advice , here is my issue:

2009 Disco 3 with manual transmission and just over 300k km on the clock needed a clutch and flywheel replacement. The shop opted for a body off chassis procedure. I supervised all the operations as I like to research the internet, given the fact that the mechanic haven’t done a job like this on a disco3. Did all the steps involved, while we were there we replaced the small belt on the back of the engine and the appropriate tensioner, and also rear propshaft bearing, steering shaft joint connection (because it had play), and both rear brake pipes because they had corroded in the back of the vehicle. We also blew all the holes in the lower of the body and a lot of dirt came out. After all of it was done, we mated the body with the chassis, connected all the electrical connectors, topped up the antifreeze, pumped up the cluth with fluid, and we have tried to start her up. The dash is like a christmas tree, hazards on and when you put the key in position 0, the gearbox light is red . I will attach photos. Radio works and the climate too. With the tester on the car, it cannot communicate with any computer exept hvac (with 1 error as we haven’t yet refilled the refrigerant), body, and aux heater. It says that all other computers are not even connected. We took the instrument cluster to an auto electronist and it’s fine. We also took the unit with the fuses to be checked and nothing (in the past i had water issues on the front right footwell from jammed condensation pipes - car doesn’t have sunroof - and i thought it could be an aftermath from when it had moisture). I checked all the connections around the fuse unit and they are all good, only 1 pin from a connector had small corrosion marks and a ground near the footwell. Cleaned those up. Also rechecked all connections in the 2 computers behind the battery, no corrosion there also but applied wd40 and a little compressed air just to be sure. This changed nothing. The grounds beneath te car (those in the front right wheel well and the one on the gearbox/transfer case) are connected as we checked all the steps needed after mating the body with the chassis.

In my opinion, i think a common connection between those computers is bad (either power or ground), but we cannot find the issue . Please if anyone can give me a piece of advise where to look, it would be greatly appreciated. Here are some photos.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #22410999th Jul 2021 9:54 pm
ionut.fodor

Romania 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Guys, i managed to start it. I rechecked (disconnected and reconnected) the big connector in the front left area in the engine bay (behind the headlight), and the connector to the abs pump (even if it was never disconnected during this process). Also I secured the big connector in the rear left wheel well with zip ties (its securing mechanism got damaged during the operation), and then the car just started. I’ll go back to the shop friday and saturday to complete everything and i’ll try to simulate that situation again (by disconnecting the rear connector and then each of those two in the engine bay ) to be sure where the issue was from, and i’ll keep you updated

Post #224177314th Jul 2021 3:52 pm
eljot

Germany 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hello all

i am very very close to throw our diva down the hill!! Censored Censored

a half year ago we had really bad limp mode. all the typical messages on the dashboard (engine system fault, system faul special programs not available, the magic F, etc.). engine did not want to accelerate, etc.!!
checked and changed all the typical known trouble-maker like
- brake pedal switch new
- fuel filter change
- wire loom at the foot area checked for cracks, etc.
- checked el. connection of the transmission case
- checked connectors behind batterie
- new battery installed

after every check/change i deleted the fault codes and tried to start! with no success. Censored
did a last try and the car started normal with no more faults. everything was fine.
the diva worked trough the sommertime with no problems at all. Thumbs Up

last week, SWMBO was on her way with the horse trailer in the back and of course... limp mode!! Bow down

she was able to bring the diva back to life with the nanocom (clearing the fault codes).
two hours later the was driving up the road and the engine suddenly stopped working. she parked the Censored and walked home.
when i tried to start the car some hours later everything was normal. no problems at all. drove the diva two days without any problems.

today, again the same procedure... limp mode. clearing the fault codes worked once and then the last 200m she had to go in slow-mode and suspension lowered.

i asked nanocom to show the fault codes during engine running in idle which are the following:

- p0088 fuel rail/system pressure - too high (permanent)
- u2023 control module network signal calibration data (pending)
- u0100 lost communication with engine control module/powertrain control module A (permanent)
- u0416 invalid data received from vehicle dynamics control module (pending)
- u0401 invalid data received from engine control module/powertrain control module (pending)
- u0402 invalid data received from transmission control module (pending)
- u0416 invalid data received from vehicle dynamics control module (pending)
- b1b78 system pressure (permanent) bus signal/message failure - signal is below allowable range

the strange thing is, that the engine turned off immediately after clearing the engine managemente error. it this normal!?

i started the engine again and had a rough idle run. when accelerating, the engine sound was not 100% normal.

maybe the engine does not get enough fuel caused by a blocked in-tank pump?? is it worth to check the low pressure in-tank pump?

i have absolutely no idea where to start looking!!!

the car has actually 222500km on the clock, egr blanked with modified software since two years.

is there no way to find out which ecu was triggering all the others??
 SWMBO asked to get us a RELIABLE family car - I bought a Disco 3! Wink  
Post #225250520th Sep 2021 7:02 pm
NicoHarmsen

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
Dash lights up with all sorts of errors

These happen if you have connected a trailer with LED lights and don’t have load resistors connected , it will give you all sorts of errors. These errors may only happen the next time you drive your vehicle after disconnecting the trailer ( not straight away ) . Or Trailer lights must have 21w incandescent bulbs .

Post #22652163rd Dec 2021 3:23 am
F15KEY

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
IID Tool Faults & Fixes please

I guess that these have all been covered before, but I'm loosing the will to live with our D3!

It keeps going into various fault modes and below is a previous grab from the IID report.

I've replaced the Air Suspension compressor, a complete AMK Kit and flashed the ECU for this, looking at the one removed it didn't look like anything was wrong, but hey, now has a new one for the next couple of years.

Changed the Brake Light Switch, this threw up many more codes that I could mention, so put the old one back on.

About to put in a new High Pressure Fuel Pump as LR say that is the problem.

Before I fit the new one and void any chance of a refund if this doesn't fix it, HAS ANYONE GOT ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS, please?

Many thanks

James

L319 - Discovery 3 2009
Vehicle scanned on 30-11-2021 8:34 pm
Using IIDTool BT V4.0 B2742

Body Control

B1B91-3A (2F) Seat tilt motor speed/position sensor - Frequency modulation/pulse width modulation failure - incorrect, has too many pulses
( on 29-11-2021 6:47:33 pm at 204810 km )
Cell Phone

U3003-17 (AC) Battery voltage - General electrical failure - circuit voltage above threshold
( on 30-11-2021 8:24:47 pm at 204930 km )
Engine TDV6

P117D-00 (68) Fuel volume regulator control exceeded maximum control limit
Parking Brake

U0100-87 (A8) Lost communication with engine control module/powertrain control module 'A' - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
( on 29-11-2021 8:14:15 pm at 204820 km )
Suspension

C1A20-64 (2C) Pressure increases too slow when filling reservoir - Algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure
( on 29-11-2021 7:30:12 pm at 204814 km )
Transmission

U2023-86 (AC) Control module network signal calibration data - Bus signal/message failure - signal is invalid
( on 29-11-2021 8:14:15 pm at 204820 km )

Post #22655455th Dec 2021 10:05 am
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Well a new High Pressure Fuel Pump may fix the fuel code.

If you still get the slow suspension one, maybe you have a leak in the tank. (this can sometime be heard under the passenger door)

Other codes aren't a worry. (U codes)

P.S Brake light switches much be adjusted before fitting. There are youtube videos

Post #22655735th Dec 2021 11:34 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 13 of 15 <123 ... 12 131415>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >