Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Main ECU: make, version and location
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Main ECU: make, version and location

I've heard that the main ECU is a Bosch unit, model edc17 and that there was a revision of this in July/August 2007.

Is this true ? My D3 was delivered in august but built in June 2007. How can I locate the ECU and find out which version I have ?

Does anyone sell replacement ECU's, what do they cost ? The idea is to have one remapped and one standard to be able to swap them as necessary.

Many Thanks in advance .. DD
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #30339927th May 2008 11:44 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The dealers techo told me there was a major change in the canbus for the MY08 model. The previous versions had modules piggy-backed onto it, the new one is more integrated and they talk to each other better. It is supposed to prevent small faults causing the system to spit the dummy, eg suspension dropping to limp home.
You definately need to make sure your mode is the right one for the ECU.
It should go with if it is MY07 or MY08. What colout is the stereo,air con and hazard modules? Grey or black?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #30363828th May 2008 5:00 am
powerklick

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Dick,

ECU is actually siemens and is located behind the battery Smile

TDV6 and TDV8 use the same one

V8 petrol and SC use Denso

Last edited by powerklick on 28th May 2008 8:26 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #30365028th May 2008 7:52 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Correct, the ECU is a Siemens unit on the TDV6 and Denso on the V8.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #30366028th May 2008 8:18 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dick dastardly

Switzerland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks everyone,

So I was told total Bosch then Rolling Eyes . Thought it was funny because I'd heard that it was a Siemens unit, unless LR changed supplier sometime after initial production (BMW / Ford changeover ?) Any way I'll have a look behind the battery and see whats there Wink which I cant do until the car is back from the garage next week Crying or Very sad But there was a change for MY08 to do with the fuel rails and the fuel pressure sender location - so I've been told Rolling Eyes but that is irrelevant for a remapped replacement ECU.

@caverD3 The surround bits and air vents are "brunel" metallic grey, the actual stereo / hazard / aircon control area is black.

Still looking for an ECU supplier, I guess it would help as soon as I can dig out the ECU and identify it.

Once again, many thanks,

DD.
 There's one wheel on my wagon, but i'm still rollin' along, it's the cherokee, they're after me, but I'm singing a happy song  
Post #30374928th May 2008 12:48 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

looks like yours is an MY08.
Maybe ask the large one if there is a different part no for an MY08. Idea
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #30375228th May 2008 12:58 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I would assume there were some changes for the Euro 4 engine for the 2007 Model Year, but it's still a Siemens ECU.

There was no BMW/Ford changeover, the Discovery 3 was launched under Ford ownership, and the engineering is very much in the Ford/Jaguar mould.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #30375628th May 2008 1:17 pm
powerklick

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Dick,

I know for a fact that LR will not supply a new ecu without the old one in exchange so you will have to find a scrapped car to get an additional ecu.

You will need to match the ecu part nos and have the additional ecu 'coded' to your car for the immobiliser and set up on IDS with the correct software for your particular model

Hope this helps and good luck Smile

Post #30386528th May 2008 7:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >