Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Lift Kits for D3/D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
TdV6Pete

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I have johnson lift rods. Cant fault them. I run 33inch tyres so need a constant lift. I now have 4 height. Access, normal, off road and extended when stuck. If im being really picky, ride is very slightly bumpyer but you have to concentrate hard to notice.
 2inch Lift, 33inch Cooper STTs, Wheel Spacers, Hidden Champion 9000lbs Winch with recovery points, Full Underbody Protection including Rear Bumper Guard, Rock Sliders, Snorkel, 4x4 screen enabled and Sat Nav on the move (thanks to Bodsy), Discreet LED roof lights, LED work light, BAS Re-map and EGR's blanked, V8 Brake upgrade with Grooved, Drilled and Slotted Brakes, Halo Fog Lamps, Roof Rack, 240V Inverter, CB radio and finally a Swing away wheel carrier with Hi-Lift mount...  
Post #109033418th Apr 2013 10:02 pm
stimmyfreestyle

Belgium 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

to come back on an old topic Smile

i have the liftkit from discovery-parts.de now, but i hate it that my car lowers if i go over 50km/u an a dirt road or whatever Evil or Very Mad

http://www.mudtech4x4.com/en/category/prod...ni-anitas/

Post #111640212th Jun 2013 8:29 pm
RRR207

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 TDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

D4 IID tool is now out so EAS adjustment is sorted, GAP Diagnostics they have also released an EAS only tool ....... prices vary between £265 - £350 (EAS Only) or £345 - £500 (full IID) depending on spec, bluetooth & where you get it from.

Britpart have also released the Lynx system which also works for the D4 & can do the EAS. Main differences are the need for a laptop with the Lynx but on the upside the Lynx is substanially cheaper (£300 ish).

My Britpart rods will be on the forum 'for sale' section soon as will be getting a diagnostic tool, just need to decide which one.
 Nick

2010 D4 ....... now gone and replaced with a 05RRV Autobiography

Member of Wessex4x4Response, (Bristol team) 

Post #111656713th Jun 2013 8:38 am
SteveMfr
Site Sponsor 

France 

Functionality-wise, the Lynx is very close to the Hawkeye (same manufacturer) and offers quite a bit less than the IIDTool. Otherwise we'd be somewhat unhappy as we want our products sold and we are exclusive to Britpart.

The only private use diagnostic systems that provide functionality on par with professional-only systems (i.e. OEM LR IDS, Autologic) are the IIDTool and Blackbox Faultmate MSV.

This may help the decision making process: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic91209.html

RRR207 wrote:
My Britpart rods will be on the forum 'for sale' section soon as will be getting a diagnostic tool, just need to decide which one.

Be aware that the EAS ECU has internal limits. If you would like more than 40-50mm of lift - or if you'd like to keep the vehicle at off-road height over 50kmh (such as many aussies) - an electronic lift only will not suffice.

Using the rods in conjunction with the IIDTool or EASControl gives you this capability and retains the adjustability of the suspension from the drivers seat. As such, it is a viable alternative to something like the Llams or Anitas.

The advantage to the GAP products with rods is the additional diagnostic capability (EASControl only for the EAS, IIDTool for all systems) vs. a system such as the Llams or Anitas at a similar price (EASControl or IIDTool + Rods).

The advantage of Llams/Anitas over the GAP products is height changes at the flick of a switch vs. the ~45 secs to plug the GAP tool into the OBD socket, navigate to 'My Settings' and choose whatever you have saved. (And the installation is easer - GAP product = no installation, rods = quick installation, Anitas/Llams = more complex installation and poss drilling the dash).

www.gap-diagnostic.com 

Post #111661313th Jun 2013 11:13 am
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Llams can get a vehicle back to normal or offroad height if an ABS fault triggers the suspension ecu to limit height to safe height, which is approximately access height. Llams can also get a vehicle to offroad height when a weak compressor that fails to refill the reservoir quickly enough causes the ecu to limit height to normal height only.
 Home of LLAMS, for LRs and Jeep GCs  
Post #11398174th Aug 2013 10:23 am
SteveMfr
Site Sponsor 

France 

Hi Graeme,
The IIDTool and EASControl allow the manual inflation / deflation of the suspension or each air spring individually to whatever height is desired using the 'Test Valves' function. The only limiting factor is the compressor physically being able to put out enough air to lift the vehicle. If the faults are only intermittent, they can be cleared and the EAS resumes normal operation - at least for a while.

www.gap-diagnostic.com 

Post #11398664th Aug 2013 1:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >