Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

key fob not working help please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
discoarden

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
key fob not working help please

Hi so my key fob has stopped working it wont lock or unlock the car. I was doing a deep car clean witch included having to remove the seats and carpets middle and rear also had to remove the front seats to get the middle carpet out in my tdv6 hse d3 08 for reasons I wont go into but after having all doors etc open for several hours to do this my main car battery went flat I used my wife's car to give it a jumpstart and all was fine I let it running for some time to put the charge back in as normal, I then resembled the car interior and went to lock it and nothing neither buttons on the fob are doing any thing !, I have read some posts and they talk about similar issues and a green/white splice wire, so I took to look at this now I have stripped all the needed bits even removed the seat again for better access I have looked in the loom from the bonnet catch handle all the way to the b piler at all of the wires individually and I can not find this splice at all so please any help of advice pictures or video would be amazing as I have been unable to lock or unlock the car for several weeks now , on a side note the lock unlock buttons on the dash work and when I try the key in the passenger door lock it just lock and unlocks that door and nothing else , I'm at a loss now and unable to get it to a dealer any time soon and also a little relucent to pay out a lot of money if it can be sorted out easily or cheaply as last time I needed to as a Nigerian prince to lend me the cash ..... thanks

Oh just to add my main car battery is like new and less than 6 months old and the car drives and runs perfectly and every thing else works fine also the fuse under the glove box is good to i even put a new one in just in case .. thanks

Post #236651013th Apr 2024 10:47 am
Naki Blake

New Zealand 2006 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I've had the green and white splice issue with my D3. Just to clarify, the splice is on the passenger side buried amongst a large loom of wires down in the sill (main frame) of car. To locate the loom you have to pull off the plastic moldings that cover the sills. No need to remove seats, the wires are not under the seats.

My sills were completely fill of water, caused by perished elbow at end of sun roof drain tube where it exits car behind glovebox and central junction box (CJB).

Edit: just re-reading your post, I suspect you have disturbed something else when removing carpets and seats etc, so may not be green wire splice. I however recommend to anyone who has sunroofs to inspect you sills, I was shocked to find mine fill of water.

Good luck

Post #236653313th Apr 2024 8:00 pm
discoarden

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

I didn't find the reason. For.the fault but a reset on battery wires did the trick and ow all.working

Post #236687218th Apr 2024 3:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >