Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Ins renewal time early Jan
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
Ins renewal time early Jan

so, once again the merry-go-round starts.

I have my renewal come through from LV for the D5. Last year was £606 (business use), nothing has changed, renewal price............................................£794

What the F***** are these insurers playing at to warrant/justify at near enough 200 quid increase (pretty much 30% increase). I guess they dont want the business so just price it out.

I'll be doing the usual mind numbing round of getting quotes and moving again. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #219405615th Dec 2020 4:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Skagg

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Same boat. Been with Tesco for a number years, & been around the £250 mark for a number of years. renewal just come through & nothing has changed my end £494! Time to speak to a meerkat about a new deal.

Cheers n Gone Nick Thumbs Up
 MY16 D4 Landmark SDV6 (The Ice Maiden)
Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
MY08 D3 HSE Stornoway (Miss Moneypit) The money tree withered...... 

Post #219405915th Dec 2020 4:15 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Mine was the same % increase, after shopping round and going with another company I got it for £10 less than last year.
Strange thing was because Mrs.O rarely drives the D4(she doesn’t like the rotary knob Whistle ) I tried a quote without her on the policy and the price increased by £30. Shocked
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Last edited by M3DPO on 15th Dec 2020 4:21 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #219406215th Dec 2020 4:19 pm
al cope

England 

Yep - me too. I also noticed LV had set mine to auto renew, which I never do, so just called them to say turn this off, and also complain about the price - Oh says the lady, we can do it for £754, to which I say why didnt you quote that then and not the £794 price? But at that rate I still wont be renewing with you as even thats a 25% increase and my salary hasnt gone up by 25% this year.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #219406415th Dec 2020 4:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

LV sold their motor insurance arm to Allianz a while back - the branding remains, but the whole operation is now an Allianz one, from pricing and underwriting to claims management.

In line with so many insurers, they rely on people not checking and inertia renewal to massage their bottom line. Mad
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #219406915th Dec 2020 4:39 pm
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I got very bored chasing around each year for a good deal so in the end called A Plan ( site sponsors) and was quite happy with their quote and have been for the last 5 years or so. Maybe slightly more expensive than the cheapest but peace of mind is worth it to me.

Post #219407315th Dec 2020 4:59 pm
al cope

England 

and to rub salt in it - just been on Confused.com, and can see a quote from LV at £617, so 11 quid more than I paid last year. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Others in the low 500's

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #219407615th Dec 2020 5:06 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

NFU are still the most competitive for me and having first hand experience of a big claim, I can highly recommend them. Although it does seem to be a postcode/age lottery for some.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #219407815th Dec 2020 5:17 pm
lespes

Guernsey 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

NFU used to be the insures to go to for Landrovers, always found a local office service far superior to the call centres others offer, sadly they seemed to turn anti landrover and after a couple of years of big increases a lot of offices wouldn't even quote.

Been with Direct Line last 4 years then this yr quote jumped up for a car that was group 15 over previous group 32 car, said they had their own groupings and that was why and the price was the price, nothing they could do. Saved over £300 by moving it Admiral.

No doubt will have to go through it all again next yr Big Cry
 D4 Landmark MY16 Santorini Black THE LAST
D4 HSE MY12 Marmais Teal: Gone. Missed a lot!
Freelander 2 SD HSE MY11 Silver:Thankfully gone.
D4 HSE MY11 Silver: Gone missed !
Range Rover Sport MY06 HSE Buck Blue: Gone missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Facelift MY Red Gone Missed!
Discovery D2 TD5 Cobalt Blue: Gone Missed!
Discovery D1 Auto Oxford Blue Not missed at all!
Discovery D1 Avalon Blue First LR! missed!

Now demoted to a VW 

Post #219410815th Dec 2020 6:58 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Mine went up 40 quid to 395 this year, but as we had a 5k incident earlier on this year I was quite pelased!

Post #219411015th Dec 2020 7:13 pm
Duc750

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

lespes wrote:
NFU used to be the insures to go to for Landrovers, always found a local office service far superior to the call centres others offer, sadly they seemed to turn anti landrover and after a couple of years of big increases a lot of offices wouldn't even quote.

Been with Direct Line last 4 years then this yr quote jumped up for a car that was group 15 over previous group 32 car, said they had their own groupings and that was why and the price was the price, nothing they could do. Saved over £300 by moving it Admiral.

No doubt will have to go through it all again next yr Big Cry

NFU have been pretty good for us over the last 4 years - they are funny on certain cars - The Mrs used to have a ratty old 52 plate 3 series which they wanted 2K a year to insure !
They're not great on the RRS to be fair but are excellent on the D2 which has 6 pages of modifications declared, the D3 which is approaching that level of mods and our trailer which hardly anyone else could insure. On balance they are the best for us

we have to have business use on all of ours though which makes a huge difference
 05 D3 V8 HSE, LR Passion tree bars, wildbear compressor guard, LRP switch panel, ARB rear locker + compressor, Trigger 6 shooter electrical system
12 RRS SDV6 HSE (Hers) - Gone and replaced with an I Pace - I can tell you now EV is not the future yet
Metalian Camper trailer 

Post #219412215th Dec 2020 7:54 pm
Froogle-Yorkshireman

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I'm sure that many of you are already aware but the optimum time to negotiate a renewal or new deal is 21 DAYS before the insurance renewal date. The closer you leave it to the renewal date the steeper the price. Big Cry

Post #219415315th Dec 2020 11:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >