DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

HPFP issues....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
IanMarsh

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
HPFP issues....

Happy Monday everyone!
On Friday I was on my commute home with the cruise set at 60 and I pulled out to pass a lorry and put my foot down a bit to get past and the old girl went into limo mode. Thankfully there was a layby about half a mile ahead that I pulled into. I immediately plugged in the GAPIID and got a "P2290 injector control pressure too low" code.
The other thing I immediately noticed was a noise which sounded exactly like a power steering pump on the way out. A whine that went up and down exactly with the revs. This was definitely not there when I started the car at the beginning of the drive. I cleared the fault and continued home, the car drove fine unless you used more than about 3/4 throttle at which point it went into limp mode. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and wondering if I'm correct in thinking that the hpfp is knackered. The car has 130,000 and it's the original pump. I will check the LPFP tonight with the useful guide on here to make sure that's all ok. If it is the HPFP would I be risking knackering the injectors by continuing driving it?

Post #222681326th Apr 2021 9:49 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >