Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

hi -is Northern Australia as hot as here?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
lesterniger

hi -is Northern Australia as hot as here?

Greetings from Jeremy lester in NIGER.
I have a new Discovery 3 variant AA1 044 diesel.
It's done less than 2000 miles and I am VERY worried.
As soon as it warms up it loses all special programmes, the hand brake alert comes on, and shortly after the milometer and speedometer pack up.

At the very least I have 800 miles to drive to a dealer for repair, and I don't want to blow up or burn up before arriving.

Does anyone have experience with the D3 at high temperatures? Do you think the electronic prob;ems are 'meltdown'?

Help!!

Jeremy Lester

Post #2410421st Oct 2005 12:18 am
BN

England 
Re: hi -is Northern Australia as hot as here?

lesterniger wrote:
Greetings from Jeremy lester in NIGER.
I have a new Discovery 3 variant AA1 044 diesel.
It's done less than 2000 miles and I am VERY worried.
As soon as it warms up it loses all special programmes, the hand brake alert comes on, and shortly after the milometer and speedometer pack up.

At the very least I have 800 miles to drive to a dealer for repair, and I don't want to blow up or burn up before arriving.

Does anyone have experience with the D3 at high temperatures? Do you think the electronic prob;ems are 'meltdown'?

Help!!

Jeremy Lester

Jeremy, worked in Hassimasoude for years and boy you have meltdown on the body there. Re the D3, it sounds like the usual wiring and if it is hot, then the wires become more flexible of course, so the joints could be even more prone to make bad connections with the uneven and dirty conditions you continually drive on.

I think you simply have the LR (Ford) problems we are all getting. The biggest difficulty is that your dealer is 800 miles away and I doubt if they could deal with some of the problem anyway. Not only that, they are unlikely to have any parts on the shelf.

That is a difficult one.

Post #2410621st Oct 2005 7:14 am
lesterniger

Niger to Burkina F to Ghana in quest of a workshop

Well, I took the car to Ouagadougou (sounds at least a bit Australian?) where they were helpful but didn't have either the experience or the diagnostic kit.
Now a week later I'm preparing the trek on to Accra where a dealer is apparently geared up to handle the D3 even if there are precious few in this part of the continent.
To keep on the Australian forum, can I repeat the query I made earlier about the temperature. I have not seen this as an issue in the various threads, but I do find it is hugely hot under the bonnet. Is there any experience with this or of a way to 'turbo ventilate the engine compartment when the temperatures rocket?

Jeremy

Post #2759011th Nov 2005 11:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >