Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D4)

GS seat comfort
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
choppa60

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Very Happy i have a hse ,and the only niggle i have is the lumbar support ,but.....you can reduce it ,electrically,the hse seats are excellent,supportive ,i had cloth seats before ,boy they were rubbish,i concur with others,its the rubbish seats,how can you do without all the adjustments of the hse? Very Happy
 2008 ,hse, it does what it says .  
Post #6897365th Sep 2010 10:14 pm
choppa60

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Very Happy i know im in the d4 section ,but seats in leather hse will be the same ,? wont they?? Laughing
 2008 ,hse, it does what it says .  
Post #6897375th Sep 2010 10:17 pm
forest172

was sat in my GS for 7 hours, and didn`t find the seats a problem at all. But I do find the angle of the accelerator a problem for my ankle
 Cars:-MY11 Evoque SD4 Pure, MY12 Defender 90 XS & MY08 Evo X RS  
Post #6904777th Sep 2010 7:31 pm
nigelc

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

portslen wrote:
The saga continues with mine too!

My dealer let me have an HSE for a while to see how the seat compared. It was comfortable, supportive, had endless adjustments and made the GS feel like a wooden plank.

I'm a bit confused by all this. I have a 54 D3 with heated fabric seats and find the seats comfortable over long journeys (e.g Pyrenees and back) I do have a bit of lower back trouble but am classic long legs , short body. As thoughts turn to D4, speccing up a GS to my requirements seems several thousand cheaper than an XS - this would include leather seats option - does this not bring seats up to same spec as higher trim models. Noticed their is also an electric seat option for £800 which includes armrests. I would have thought basic seat carcass was the same.
One thing that is really stupid is used to be able to specify Winter Pack which included hted front and rear seats; now can only have htd front seats as an option, unless you have an HSE, which is off my planet

Post #69487820th Sep 2010 2:40 pm
chm

South Africa 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

So glad I found this thread, thought I was loosing it.

My leather seat seems also not to have proper support for lower right back. I had a warranty issue at one point whereby the seat was loose under braking. This was "corrected", but now I wonder if this correction is not the issue.
 regards, Carl-Hein  
Post #69708926th Sep 2010 2:28 pm
Seamanm

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Morning all!

Re not sitting square to the wheel and painful backs; I've noticed in my Disco 4 XS (manual seat adjustment) that sometimes after moving the seat backwards/forwards that the seat can later 'click' into it's left hand rail when braking or accelerating. It seems that the right rail locates correctly but the left stops between one of two locations, then clicking into one of them when 'forced to' later - thereby making the seat position askew to the wheel.

This could be the cause of some discomfort on manual adjustment so it's worth checking this when you've adjusted the seat. Thumbs Up

Regards
Marv.
 2003 Freelander 1
2005 Disco 3
2010 Disco 4 

Post #94873530th Jun 2012 10:00 am
dazadd

England 

Interesting thoughts. Had our 2010 D4 GS for just under 2 years and found the seats uncomfortable after several hours in the seat. Had a 2012 XS now for 4 months and the manual adjustable leather seats are a revelation after the GS, just completed a 13hr trek back from the Highlands and no problems at all with back pain so I guess the answer is to upgrade to the manual leather seats if you can afford it.
 2018 D5 3.0 HSE Lux
1x D3, 4 D4's - All gone 

Post #94873830th Jun 2012 10:06 am
Seamanm

Hi again.

Regarding lumbar support; my MY10 D4 manual lumbar support has given up the ghost. In the same way as my D3 one did - the adjustment fails to do anything and when it did work it was hardly noticeable and if you put any weight into the back of the seat i.e. braking hard or changing gear, the support gives way.

I can take my D4 to the dealer for a warranty repair but I think it'll be a waste of time and will fail again within a few days.

Does anyone have a fix for this?? (other than electric seats!!).

Thanks

Marv.
 2003 Freelander 1
2005 Disco 3
2010 Disco 4 

Post #94874030th Jun 2012 10:09 am
Seamanm

Thanks for your reply dazaad; my seats are the manual leather seats.

Marv.
 2003 Freelander 1
2005 Disco 3
2010 Disco 4 

Post #94874430th Jun 2012 10:22 am
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

I got two slipped disks and haveto say D3 seats are not the most eronomic ones but since I have started using lumbar support cusshion it all turns out pretty OK
lumbar support mounted in those seats is way too flexible for big blokes
cheers

Post #94875130th Jun 2012 10:38 am
APL

France 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Mine has cloth seats with the height adjustment, and I must admit that whilst I find them OK for most journeys I would like to have an adjustment for the angle of the seat base, like the full electric versions do. So I am certainly thinking about full electric leather seats next time around....
 2016 Discovery 4 Commercial
2019 Discovery 5 HSE 

Post #94875830th Jun 2012 11:06 am
shakey

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

The orginal issue on my seat was found to be because the height adjuster would NOT maintain the height, they did the TSB on this and it still failed to maintain the height so in the end they fitted an electric height adjuster to the GS seats, it took them a long time to fix as they had to manufacture the part but now its sorted and the GS cloth seats are as comfortable as the XS seats.

Post #9625715th Aug 2012 10:57 am
petet

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 4

I know this is an old thread, but wish I'd been aware of the comfort issues when I bought a D4 XS just over a year ago. Having had a D3 HSE for several years, I did not imagine LR could downgrade the comfort so far for the D4 XS which itself is not a cheap car. Prospective purchasers need to be aware of the difference between the models. I now have a 2012 HSE and once again am comfortable on long journeys. What is not obvious is that the HSE electric leather seats are quite different to the XS seats and where the XS is fitted with optional electric seats, these are not the HSE seats but electrified XS seats. As others have found the value of the HSE is not in the sun roofs or the bells and whistles, but simple comfort of the seats (which admittedly might not suit all, but are fine for my wife and me).
Pete

Post #112406728th Jun 2013 12:35 am
xyplex

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I had terrible problem with my seat and after a long battle with the dealer the leather seat cover was changed, this resolved the buttock and back pain I was experiencing, the problem was the stitching on the leather seat was too hard and not soft like the passenger seat. This meant that the seat leather could not stretch properly and this was making my Coccyx saw and then I would develop severe pain when driving.

Please see this thread:

http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic92933.html

Get the seat cover and padding changed

Let us know how you got on

Post #112934610th Jul 2013 9:26 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >