Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

FBH - seems to work on WTT/W-bus but not car (CAN issue??)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thats interesting, is the supplier acknowledging his module may have a fault?
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #221732113th Mar 2021 10:28 pm
itguy

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Yes and no - they have said that they have sold this module many times over to a wide range of people with all sorts of cars including the D3 and haven’t had any problems before. BUT, I did point him at this thread so he could see the issues Scwede was having too and we (the seller and myself) naturally came to the conclusion that there must be something strange going on.

He said he wants to understand it more and fix it too for any other sales, but he can only do that by getting hold of the exact same Webasto heater we have in the D3.

He did also mention that most of his customers disconnect the CAN / car control of the FBH and just use it manually via his w-bus unit as that means you can always give a decent burn time on the unit which is much better for it’s health.

I suppose in that scenario, I can see how he may not have come across this problem before.

Post #221735314th Mar 2021 6:13 am
PROFSR G

So the burning question is (excuse the pun) do other members on here using this controller have this issue also?

It may be they haven't noticed it, or its just not a problem for them. I doubt however they have all pulled the LR interface without a least one posting back here of so doing!

There's a lot to be said though for allowing the burner to reach full temp. Longer service life and less maintenance intervention for a start .Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #221737814th Mar 2021 9:17 am
itguy

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Don’t know how many others on here will have the same controller, hence my continued updating of this thread and bringing it to the surface - if only to help someone else out in the future if they are trying to troubleshoot their own issues.

I have no idea how many people would have their own code scanner, let alone WTT software and w-bus diagnostics cable, and then even want to try what I did to rectify the problem. As motolab has said on here before, this needs to be done VERY carefully and with as much knowledge as you can possibly muster on the subject. My fix seems to have worked for me, but that’s just me and everyone else needs to make their own mind up.

It will be interesting to see what the other (more basic) FBH controller I have ordered is like and if it causes any issues. I hope not...

Post #221738214th Mar 2021 9:32 am
ballast

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Interesting. So you'll note early on in that previous thread that I said it seemed to lock the FBH out (bottom of page 2). On Hawkeye, it reported a general electrical fault. Clearing it sorted it, but only once or twice then it reoccurred if I used the remote. Removed it completely and the FBH fired up perfectly in line with usual operating parameters (i.e. below 5 degrees). Fires up with the Webasto software no problem too.

Annoyingly, just bought a D4 and that FBH won't fire up. Connects to the software, but errors when I try to switch it on. Passes individual tests. Comes back with a code 81 fault.

Trawling all these threads to try and sort it and hence, came across this....

Chris

Post #223216624th May 2021 2:51 pm
PROFSR G

I think that's a "lock out" fault, clear it and/or pull the fuse and see if it will fire up, but the WTT software should provide more info on the fault.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #223221524th May 2021 4:55 pm
jagbloke

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Just to add to my experience - I recently fitted a remote module from radurek.

My experience has been that it does start the FBH, but now the car based operation doesn't seem to work, and every few cycles I get a lockout that I have to reset by removing the power supply to the FBH.

When I read the codes suing my faultmate, they are -

B1A00 and U1A03. I rest these but they come back seemingly whatever I do and whatever order I use the remote to switch the FBH on and off.

Looks like I need one of the alternative units - but I am now concerned about whether I have the same firmware issue as itguy.

Post #226442028th Nov 2021 3:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >