DISCO3.CO.UK > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

FBH Remote question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Jay07

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
FBH Remote question

Hi everyone,

Only been on the forum for a few months and find it fantastic for knowledge and help Bow down Bow down Bow down

My Discovery 4 2012 SDV6 has timed climate but found my FBH non functional, stripped down the unit and found lots of build up so cleaned up and functional now

My question is can I get a remote fob to start/stop my FBH ?

Any feedback/advice would be great

Thanks
Jason Thumbs Up

Post #22072211st Feb 2021 5:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
v8hybrid

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Jason,
I’ve just added the remote.
There are two types of Webasto Telestart that fit (I believe)- the T90 fits directly, and the T91 (much more available - seems to be a common VW fit) has a different socket with the same pins/connections but a different pitch/distance between pins. I had the T91, but it came with a loom/plug. The same 3 pins are used on either unit. I cut the plug off and soldered the wires to the T91 loom, used IID to enable the radio option, paired the fob to the receiver and it works. Not sure about the state of the battery in the remote, but the range is less than 100yds- but that doesn’t matter to me.
Hope this helps.
Andy.

Post #221160817th Feb 2021 8:45 pm
Jay07

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Andy,

Thanks, great detail for me I will source the kit and install Thumbs Up

Jason

Post #221174918th Feb 2021 11:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rotara

United Kingdom 

Hi everyone,
I have a late 2016 Discovery Graphite, which has the physical Webasto FBH installed, but all user access to it via the media unit is disabled. I’m thinking that Land Rover simply chose to disable it on Graphite models as a differentiator between that and the more high spec ‘Landmark’ model. Both Graphite and Landmark were the run out models for the Discovery 4.
I’ve been all through the menus on the media unit and the controls for it aren’t there. Then i read somewhere that I need to enable it by upgrading the head unit software, then someone else said it can be enabled & disabled via the OBD diagnostics port.
Can anyone advise please?
I’d also like to install a remote once I’m able to activate the timed climate feature, so any help where to source the kit would be appreciated.

Cheers

Post #222568620th Apr 2021 8:07 am
Pete Hancock

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi Rotara.

I also have a 2016MY Graphite, FBH is fitted but not the remote.

You will have to get a control unit, which fits behind the trim OSR wing, Antenna, and remote.

Usually come as a complete kit, Either on here (Bodsy used to do it ?) or flea bay. Simple to fit in about 30 mins, hardest part is removing the trim panel inside the boot.
Then need to update CCF with an IID Tool.
Without the IID Tool, you will instantly get timed remote via the screen, but the remote must be enabled via CCF.

Personally I find the genuine LR kit fine, remote works from a stupid distance (over 100 yards !) and even cools the cabin on a hot day, no burned bum on the leather ! Smile

IIRC the kit for 2016 is T91R, just make sure it is NOT VW labelled. VW used T91R as well and they are plentiful on fleabay, but use a different connector / software.
Typical, can't find the details / pics of the kit I obtained and fitted.
Pricewise, if you are patient, you may get the kit a lot cheaper.

Hope this is helpful. Thumbs Up

Last edited by Pete Hancock on 20th Apr 2021 9:35 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #222570420th Apr 2021 9:22 am
Pete Hancock

Found !! 2019, £155 inc p&p from a member on here.

There are other posts on this section detailing the set up procedure. Thumbs Up

Post #222570820th Apr 2021 9:33 am
Rotara

United Kingdom 

Many thanks Pete, I will look into this.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly - If I purchase the remote kit (as illustrated above), the software in the car will then enable the Timed Climate controls within the media unit? Without me needing to flash anything or plug in an OBD Tool?
If so, enabling me to use either the standard LR Timed Climate feature (via the screen) or activating the FBH by clicking the remote from inside the house?

I'll go through the threads to see who is selling the unit. Many thanks for your help.
I bought my Disco in March, so just missed all the really cold weather. But would love to have a fully controllable FBH for when winter comes around again!

Cheers.

Post #222573820th Apr 2021 12:18 pm
Pete Hancock

Hi Rotara.

As far as I remember, plug and play enables timer on screen. Thumbs Up

For any remote function your CCF will need to be told the wagon has timed climate, and therefore fully functional.

A GAP IID BT tool may seem pricey, but believe me, it is well worth having, as well as being able to read fault codes, it also allow you to program / enable accessories. Thumbs Up

Bear in mind a main dealer will charge you about £100 a shot, IF they will do it for you, and if they get it wrong, charge you a second time to reset to previous settings.

Also, if you haven't already found out, this forum is a wealth of information, and help is only a click away, albeit not always instant.

Cheers.

Post #222577020th Apr 2021 3:37 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >