Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

FBH D4 mod?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Russell

United Kingdom 

Pete keep up the good work. I am very intrested in the heater mod subject to cost Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #55272417th Nov 2009 11:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
evo8

Slovakia 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 S Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

so the D4 option for aux heater is not an additional auxiliary heater for air only? Is it still the good "weak" FBH that we have - just the remote and the software is capable of really making the interior warm by blowing enough warm air inside?
 2013 D4 TDV6 S; Baltic Blue; IID Tool BT
2007 D3 TDV6 SE, Auto; club Faultmate MSV2 

Post #55541523rd Nov 2009 11:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Heyloft

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I stumped up the £££ for the park heat

and yes it works just like my FFRR did, interior all noce and warm. I have the remote, the Webasto Telestart T91 version.

I want to add the ability to communicate by GSM, but can't see those bits offered by LR. I'm sure I could just go to the local Webasto dealer and get them to fit it (Thermo connect).

or would my GSM kit off the D3 work?
 Wot's that in Old Money

Fuji White D4 HSE-LUX
rear entertainment
TV
TPMS
Park Heater
Centre Console cooler box 

Post #55689327th Nov 2009 4:38 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Is it the same as this one ?

http://www.digades.de/files/new_mediagalle...ebasto.pdf

ill try and dig out the install pdf to see if the normal gsm module will connect to it.

pete

edit , just found a thread which may hel, ive not read it all yet so im unsure.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic16361-30.html

Post #55692327th Nov 2009 5:00 pm
Heyloft

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

That's the one
the LR supplied one is all black, but that's the one I have.
 Wot's that in Old Money

Fuji White D4 HSE-LUX
rear entertainment
TV
TPMS
Park Heater
Centre Console cooler box 

Post #55692827th Nov 2009 5:07 pm
Ecosse

So what is the general consensus on the park heating option? - buy the rather expensive £1k LR option Shocked or is it going to be unlockable/installable as an aftermarket "refinement" Wink ?

Post #55694127th Nov 2009 5:20 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Cant Believe i only just noticed this thread Rolling Eyes

Quote:
There is always the thoughts attached from visiting customers and some forum readers that "he" must be making to much money if he can afford such a hi priced car.
Well they could not be more wrong !! tuning cars or having a small developement company of any sort does not make the profit people actually think.
Some times belive it or not id actually be better filling shelfs at Tesco for the work it takes to do and the return on that work in money.

Don't think i have read anything that rings more true in years chap, although i dont have the visits i have the same thoughts.
My bank owns 110% of my D3 and i own about 50% of an 03 L322 thats been off the road 3 months needing a grands worth of EAS Air bags that i really cant afford / justify buying for it. I could not even afford the Laptop i am typing on and so persuaded a millionaire mate of mine who owed me a ton of favours to buy it for me Embarassed

But just like Pete, i don't need or want anyones sympathy, lots of people are likely far worse off that me,
I have the greatest wife in the world, that i love to bits and would do anything for, a couple of Dogs we adore and spoil rotten, we get to live in a really nice country, albeit in a very modest bungalow also owned totally by the bank and then some) and i do a job i really love doing that helps out loads of other folk and pays the bills. I also have a host of really good freinds, So respectively i have absolutely no complaints and would not swap with anyone. Thumbs Up

As for essays, yea it's true Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
But in fairness, as a computer programmer, i do type really fast, which is just as well, else i would have to stack shelves instead. Rolling with laughter
And its hard to be brief about something you are quite knowledgable on and is so close to your heart.

Regards D3/D4 V RRS, its strange that our equipment is not more popular with RRS owners as the electronics is almost totally identical. I guess it might be down to the fact that i really only spend any time here on the D3/D4 forum with you less bling oriented chaps Whistle

Anyway as Pete has stated, he is getting a shiny new D4 (lucky chap) which will of course help not only him with his tuning but us with our testing of stuff too, and we have jointly worked and invested to kit him out with all the requisite dedicated test gear for that, which is already paying dividends. In fact in all due respect to Pete and a strong indication of just what a fine chap he is, i firmly believe it was probably a strong element in his decision as to how much his having a new D4 would also help us. It is certainly not something i will easily forget in our efforts to also help him in any way we can in future.

Regards re configuring and enablement of options on the D4 which are now quite common place on the D3, I can tell you that we have already done masses of work on all the Later 2010 vehicles. Although the communication protocols are totally different, at heart the newer vehicles are surprisingly similar to their predecessors and actually have exactly the same CCF, although its now in a different module. There is also a brand new CCF that is much bigger and more detailed in them too. Fortunately we have already cracked that as well as Flash File loading for all 2010 on models, so as soon as Pete gets his shiny new D4, we will be very quick to capitalise on it and try our best not to break it.

So in answer to all the "will there be the same retro activation capabilities for the D4 as there currently are in the D3" questions, I would say it is extremely likely that there will be and probably quite soon. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #55701327th Nov 2009 6:44 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Gents keep up the good work, I for one am very intrested in the FBH pre heat subject to cost, but please hurry the temp is starting to drop here in cold wet UK. Thumbs Up Bow down
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #55717627th Nov 2009 10:54 pm
evo8

can't possibly also a mod in the D3 setup/configuration (BCM ecu or FBH ecu) be done in order to avoid stopping FBH when the car is waked up? My webasto remote starting etc is working fine - until the moment the car is unlocked or door is opened.

Post #55766329th Nov 2009 12:12 pm
bellautos

evo8.

If you want the Auxiliary Fuel Burning Heater totally seperate from the cars systems.
Can you not remove the wires from pins 4 & 7 for the CAN + - from the FBH plug, this will leave only yout timer giving control to the heater.

Then dissable it in the CCF under Auxiliary Fuel Burning Heater

Pete

Post #55780429th Nov 2009 8:12 pm
evo8

thanks Pete. disabling in CCF only will probably still have the shut-down happening?

Post #55786929th Nov 2009 11:04 pm
bellautos

it should be totaly seperate to the car if you remove the CAN wires from it, and should carry on to run after the car has awoke.

disabeling in the ccf will stop any errors when you remove the can wires.

Pete

Post #55787629th Nov 2009 11:10 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 
Webasto timer for D4 Aux Heater Activation

Any development on this front?

I have the D4 now, didn't go for the remote/parking heat option at time of order coz I thought it should be possible the same as the D3 with a Webasto timer and that's all I'd probably go for - maybe add a GSM/GPRS receiver at a later stage.

Post #60153911th Feb 2010 2:15 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Yes please any news, it is cold down here in Kent and about 7" of snow Mr. Green
D4 camera club 

Post #60200212th Feb 2010 10:42 am
discoBizz

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

May be a daft question, but will the parts list Pete stated at the beginning of this post work with the D3 as well? Question Question Am referring to the remote and wiring loom only, assuming one already has the FBH?

Post #60579618th Feb 2010 6:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >