Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Fault code 1/1 C1A07-62(AF) after suspension arm change
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bronjen

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Fault code 1/1 C1A07-62(AF) after suspension arm change

Hi helped a friend change all suspension arms on 57 plate SE D3, we placed D3 on axle stands under chassis.
we removed fuse 26 and released suspension pressure at valve block on osf wheel arch and nsr chassis rail by undoing connections till we could hear air leaking out.
Changed all suspension arms upper and lower, front and rear with new bolts.
tightened up fittings on valve blocks, then replaced fuse 26, started engine for 5 min then removed axle stands the rear suspension went into off road height whereas front suspension remain at standard height,
cycled suspension up and down three times whilst moving D3 forward and backwards, suspension eventually settled to normal height.
took out for road test after 5 minutes driving amber suspension light turned on followed by the dreaded bong, then amber light turned red and suspension deflated down onto bump stops.
Borrowed IId tool not registered to car fault code flashed up
cross articulation 1/1 C1A07-62(AF)
lost communication with ride level 1/1 U0132-87(2B)
Used the tool to clear the code, D3 went back to normal height, removed fuse 26 returned home with amber and red light flashing and bong going off every couple of minutes

Where do I need to look as we never disconnected any wiring only undid the unions a little bit to drain the air
Help as always apprciated
Ron Bow down

Post #222682926th Apr 2021 11:32 am
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

May i ask please did u get 4 x wheel alignment done after replacing the arms

Also when did u tighten the arm bolts up plse , ie, was the landy on the ground or arms just hanging down

Plus credit to u as know they can be right Censored to change Thumbs Up

Post #222683326th Apr 2021 11:55 am
bronjen

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hi had 4 wheel alignment done they congratulated me for transferring markings of old bolts onto new ones was only a few degrees out and did put weight on suspension before finally tightening up the bolts and yes had to cut the rear uppers off as no way could I undo the bolts to chassis Shocked

Post #222687726th Apr 2021 3:06 pm
gstuart

Hi

Awesome , didn’t wish to come across trying to teach u how to suck eggs

Did they use the hunter 4 x wheel alignment system plse

Just that when I done mine I found out that indeed before tighten up the bolts up and mine was on axle stands I needed to jack the rear wishbones up and measure from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch liner and get it to 485mm before finally tightening the bolts

Ur so right ref those Censored rear bolts and having to cut them off, took me ages with a recip saw

Are all ur height sensors back on ok, wires and connectors also not pinched/ cut through etc

Hats off to u and also done something similar with a spirit level to get them near enough vertical and wasn’t far out when it was aligned

Have u checked the heights all round in normal ride height from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch liner plse to see what they are , 465 front - 485mm rear

Expect it’s something daft like a wire/ connector that’s just been moved whilst u done the work , dirty contacts , easy to check ur height sensors using a multimeter / iid

I didn’t have to do a height calibration on mine but did do it anyway , but at least ur know after checking the heights if there out by a lot

So personally would recheck all the connectors , etc

Do u still have access to the iid as can use live data to see if the height sensors are ok , plus know if the iid isn’t registered to ur vehicle it can’t do the calibration , unless u pay I think it’s £60.00 to have it added

Apologises I’m waffling as per usual, lol

So
1) check all ur height sensors arms are reattached correctly
2) height sensor wiring / connectors
3) check height sensor loom with either a multimeter or iid
4) check heights all round in normal ride height , centre of wheel - bottom of wheel arch

Hope that helps a little

Post #222688026th Apr 2021 3:31 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Faulty / height sensor, or damaged sensor arm (floppy)
Or incorrectly refitted! Thumbs Up
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #222689826th Apr 2021 5:34 pm
gstuart

Hi Den

Must admit when I done my upper arms I thought the height sensor rods were going to snap , but luckily enough they didn’t

hope I never have to remove the screws that hold the height sensors to the chassis as they look right sods to get out, snapping by even glancing at them

Then when I first lowered it to the ground I forgot to put one of the rods back on, suspension had a right tantrum and the rear off side connector pins were all dirty

Post #222690826th Apr 2021 6:12 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi Gary,

When they've been on there for many years they don't take kindly to being pushed around.

Sometimes the eyes on the sensor rods can become weak over time. (floppy) Or, sometimes the arm itself becomes stiff in the body of the sensor, which has the effect of weakening the rubber eyes on the rods. It's a new sensor if that happens.

Either way you end up with restricted movement of the rods and or the sensor, which causes the cross articulation dtc.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #222692826th Apr 2021 7:28 pm
gstuart

Hi den

That’s it, u explain better than myself as was trying to find the words, indeed the rubber eyelet ends was the bit I was concerned about pushing it back onto the new wishbone

Talking of rods at one time did think about fitting the longer ones to give more clearance, that was until I saw the price Laughing

Post #222693726th Apr 2021 8:15 pm
bronjen

I didn't check wheel heights from the centre of wheel to top of wheel well, will check recheck sensor rods and check all wires around the articulation valve, then I will call a certain Mr Bodsey to re scan to see if that cures it Whistle

Post #222697126th Apr 2021 10:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >