DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Epb partly operational
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
parrafin23

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Epb partly operational

Hello folks...
Got a strange one that I'd like to throw some light on (phun intended) in the dash.
Its a 2006my D3 auto, the owner replaced the Epb with a brand new one as he told me.
The Orange P is lit in the ipac. The P switch does work, but it will not latch.
The owner wanted me to have a weee look at it.

Pulling the switch while the vehicle is in motion. There should be a warning in the Ipac, informing that the handbrake switch is pulled. But there is no message displayed, the car slows down "softly". if I pull the switch, releain the switch and the brakes are released. IT does not latch on.
I tried to talk to the little fella under the car, but not able to communicate with it.
I checked for faultcodes in Abs and powertrain (Diesel EMS) both of those modules complains about lost coms with Epb.

Now... To me this tells me that the canbus wires are ok, and the module has the main powers and grounds. No nasty noices or anything. Am i right in thinkin that i do have power on pin G4 and H4 (12v) and Grounds on pin G2 & H2.

Any of you lads out there experienced anything like this before?
The next thing to check to see if the Epb module knows if the vehicle is "live" by looking at pin F3 (Ign) and F2 (Key In) to see if i have 12v there.. IS this the correct way to go down the diagnostic "Dance"?
The owner was told he needed a new bcm cuz there has been water there due to blocked sunroof, and thats why the epb and The SRS light for is on (Left & Right Airbag curtains. it beasures over 10 ohms with the diagnostic tool)

Any inputs on this so I can compute it and make a good output to this issue lads?

Post #225214619th Sep 2021 7:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I would still suspect the can.

But it’s worth checking it has power
And that the switch is ok

Post #225215419th Sep 2021 8:21 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >