Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

DSC - always OFF when off-road?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
ianv

Australia 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

DSC must have some smarts,

It recognises a scandinavian flick and takes no action on gravel roads. Or else I have it flumoxed.

The Very Happy smarts I don't like are that left foot braking is not supported, the throttle cuts.

Must be showing my rally history but apart from the left foot braking issue the D3 can be driven like a large WRX.
 TDV6  
Post #28741116th Apr 2008 11:17 am
opodden

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I've been doing a bit of driving in snow this winter. Sometimes the DSC helps and sometimes it impedes mobility. My normal approach to an obstacle or hill would be to try to go slowly with as little wheel spin as possible. If I don't make it up a hill, I can always reverse back down. This normally works quite well, and I have been able to climb hills while seeing the dash lamp flicker but feeling the car finding traction. This would be using the snow/ ice setting. Other times I have had to use speed and momentum. Then I would switch off the DSC and even use the sand setting in order to get maximum wheel speed. Otherwise the acceleration and speed would be to slow to carry me over the obstacle. This works better in conditions where the traction is extremely low and the DSC cuts power because noen of the wheels have any grip, until you stop.

My advise on hills is: Go slow at first with DSC and snow/ ice setting on. If it doesn't work, reverse down, switch off DSC, switch to sand setting and try to carry more speed.

Post #28742616th Apr 2008 11:41 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >