Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

D4 TIMED CLIMATE NOT ALL WORKING POSS DEALER BULL ??????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4
D4 TIMED CLIMATE NOT ALL WORKING POSS DEALER BULL ??????

Hi All

i have a disco 4 registered march 2010 its a HSE with all the toys i had the factory timed climate fitted as an option and very expensive it was LOL anyway the remote stopped working so changed the battery all ok BUT when i go into the timed climate screen it gives me the option of setting two times for the climate to operate

but underneath there are two options that are greyed out not lit up so i cannot select them but can read what they say if i remember right one says manual heat and one says manual vent after reading my manual it says i can press these buttons and the heater will operate for 30 mins then turn off so i told the dealer its not working and they have told me that its not an option on my car it only is an option on 2012 models onwards ??????

why would they be there if they were not designed to work and why would it say in my manual that they should worK???????????

to be honest i cannot remember if i have seen it lit up or not in the past but i feel like the dealer is bullshi**ing me

have any off you lot got timed climate and do these two option work on your cars

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #8673425th Dec 2011 6:27 pm
mattlidster

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

They only work with ignition off and if you press the standby button for the Radio/info/nav system, it will then allow you to operate them.

Post #8673445th Dec 2011 6:31 pm
shawn

is this why its greyed out with the ignition on then as i said above the DEALER is telling me that this feature only works on 2012 model cars and i dont believe them they are telling me that IT WILL NOT WORK ON MY CAR are they talking out there Censored again then
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #8674525th Dec 2011 9:07 pm
buellbeast

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

As mattlidster says the buttons only light up when the ignition is off using the radio power button to turn the screen on.

On another note the manual mentions it will run for 30 mins in this mode. i'll bet it won't run for more than 10 Whistle
 Club Forum Criminal !!!  
Post #8674565th Dec 2011 9:11 pm
shawn

thanks folks at least i know it will work pitty the fookin dealer did not tell me this instead they just kept telling me that it will not work on any cars before 2012 so they ARE talking out there Censored AGAIN so they have now kept my car over night for no reason toss*rs
Post #8674635th Dec 2011 9:17 pm
mattlidster

Thumbs Up Ah yes the dealers! I worked in the trade for about 5 years and trust me there are people on this forum that know more than Landrovers own staff!! If you have a question post it on here, if no reply..... I would guess there is no easy answer!!!

Post #8675585th Dec 2011 11:43 pm
amazing

China 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
venting off

mine came with a remote but it only turns on the vehicles venting it does not seem to fire up the fbh. the timed control works though( without changing any heating settings so I know the fbh works) but it would be nice to stick my arm out of my office window and start it.

a wee bit annoying

and mine does last for 30mins cycling low to high but always gives me a low battery start engine warning after each use

a wee bit more annoying
 It is better to have and not need it then need and not have it.  
Post #8675986th Dec 2011 6:40 am
shawn

it should heat the car when you press the remote if the outside temp is below 15 degrees speak to your dealer
Post #8676146th Dec 2011 8:23 am
mattlidster

I am still waiting for the temperature to get below 4 degrees so I can see if mine works! The manual button only seems to work when the engine is warm so far, it vented fine in the summer and if the engine is warm it blows hot air ok as well on the heat setting, but so far it has not been cold enough to fire the FBH either on the timer or on a manual press of the button! Hate to say it but I am eagerly awaiting a frost, which down here in the sunny south seems to be a bit elusive!

Post #8676276th Dec 2011 9:51 am
shawn

mine works even if the temp is 10 degrees either on the timer or by pressing the remote fob so yours should do the same Confused
Post #8679306th Dec 2011 11:01 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

using the timer or remote, it will heat the cabin if external temp is below 15 degrees and vent the cabin if above

the normal operation of the FBH and the optional "remote park heater" operate in two different ways.

the FBH will be controlled by the engine when the engine is running and fire up at 5 degrees or less.

the "Park heater" is optional and utilises the FBH. when the timer is set or the remote button is pressed, the car heats or vents the cabin depending on whether the external temperature is below or above 15c
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #8679316th Dec 2011 11:05 pm
mattlidster

Ah, so it sounds like I haven't got everything activated on mine then! I have the timer controls on the dash and have set the timer but it hasn't fired up as yet! I was assuming it wasn't cold enough! Perhaps one of the chaps on here can let me know if I need to activate something else?

Post #8680217th Dec 2011 9:51 am
amazing

China 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
A wee bit happier

my remote worked this moring and fired up the fbh ok Temp 11°C
 It is better to have and not need it then need and not have it.  
Post #8680227th Dec 2011 9:54 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

mattlidster wrote:
Ah, so it sounds like I haven't got everything activated on mine then! I have the timer controls on the dash and have set the timer but it hasn't fired up as yet! I was assuming it wasn't cold enough! Perhaps one of the chaps on here can let me know if I need to activate something else?

you also need to be parked reasonably flat and have sufficien fuel ie not on low fuel warning
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #8680297th Dec 2011 10:05 am
mattlidster

Yes to flat ground and fuel level, just a thought but does the actual heater need priming?

Post #8680327th Dec 2011 10:15 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >