DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

D4 Key fob programming
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Voug

Germany 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
D4 Key fob programming

Hi chaps,
i have to exchange one of my key fob due to the fact the rubber coming loose. I know there is a SSM about that issue and my stealer already ordered the new key fob.

My problem: Stealer wants the car booked in for half a day to learn the new key fob Mad ! As far as i know on a D3 the work could be done within a few minutes - and i could do it with Faultmate myself. Can anyone describe the procedure to learn the new key fob on a D4 ? Does it really needs much more time than on the D3 ? And can i program the key with faultmate ? Lots of questions ... Very Happy

TIA

Volker

Post #111707314th Jun 2013 1:08 pm
Voug

No one any idea ? If my question is too sensitive to answer in a public forum (as dicussed last week), you can pm me.

Thanks

Volker

Post #111843317th Jun 2013 8:06 am
CUCO

Spain 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

And another question to add here:

Could be the new "slim type" programmed to the key less MY10-11 models? The key is like a brick!

Post #111844417th Jun 2013 8:27 am
Bigcol66

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Did you ever get this issue sorted as I need a key programming to my D4?

Post #11542047th Sep 2013 9:15 pm
Voug

Yep, sorted - but stealer did it because the lack of knowledge on my side. After one hour i had my car back with the new fob working.

Post #11544728th Sep 2013 2:57 pm
Adigorn

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I can not see any issue with D4 key programming

Post #11544828th Sep 2013 3:33 pm
RichardB

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

CUCO wrote:
And another question to add here:

Could be the new "slim type" programmed to the key less MY10-11 models? The key is like a brick!

Is there a slim key available? I have a MY10 and the size of the key has always really annoyed me. I know the car's a bit big but not really necessary for the key Confused

Post #115540110th Sep 2013 1:52 pm
CUCO

Yes, the new models from MY12 have the new slim type key... I wonder why now slim (against first "brick like" keykess key type) Rolling Eyes

Much better as the first is too large

Post #115544110th Sep 2013 2:57 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Sorry i missed this post when you first posted it up Volker

But better late than never i guess Smile

I have programmed quite a few of these keys now with the dealers SDD equipment and I will also be doing another one or two soon.

In the first case it was a larger type fob, bought off Ebay on my 2011 Range Rover Sport bench test rig for which i did not have any key supplied with it at all. I then also learned a second one, which in this case was one of the smaller fobs bought as a batch of about half a dozen or more off Ebay.

We than had to assist someone with a vehicle on which the keyless module had gone faulty and been replaced for a new one rendering the origional keys inoperative. Despite our trying to recover them, in the end we had to program 2 new keys to it. I cannot recall their size.

Although we spent a bit of time trying different things just for the sake of learning, and we were of course capturing all the communications on the CAN bus for later analysis to assist in our adding this function to the 2010 RRS / D4 MSV-2 coverage which we have yet to actually finish, all programming actually took only a few minutes.

Now of course i have my own 2010 RRS vehicle, which has only one big key with the rubber splitting and as others have already stated it is real big, quite ugly, overly heavy and surprizingly annoying.

Although i do have some new small slim fobs and could just instantly learn one with the SDD, i am going to get this function added to the MSV-2 and actually do it with this.

I can't wait.

Post #115558110th Sep 2013 6:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Voug

BBS Spy wrote:
for later analysis to assist in our adding this function to the 2010 RRS / D4 MSV-2 coverage which we have yet to actually finish

Just for clarification: This means at present there's no way to program a D4 key fob with MSV-2 ?

Post #115566910th Sep 2013 8:13 pm
CUCO

another 2 questions:

Could the range rover badged slim keys be programmed to a first (brick) type car? (i.e. range rover evoque or RRS key less slim key to land rover discovery brick key car?)

plenty of them on ebay.

the programed ones (showed at ebay like used/syncronised or preprogrammed/ key cut) are NOT valid isn't they? I understand that they are not re-programmable to a new car after initial syncronisation and use with another. am i correct?

Post #115581410th Sep 2013 11:46 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I had thought i had already made it quite obvious in my post that programming keys on a D4 is something not currently provided on the MSV-2 and can also be ascertained by there being no option for this in the latest Vehicle Explorer Menuing.

But to specifically re clarify, no, this is a function that is not currently availaible on the MSV-2.

But no worries, some here know that things here at BBS HQ are now changing quite dramatically.

So by next week at the very latest, or woe betide the resultant wrath involved for my development team staff, i will be throwing the only existing key fob i have for my 2010 RRS into the sea and fully fully expecting to be using my own MSV-2 to learn a new small type key fob to my RRS.
So again yes, as my post also states, you can learn a new small type fob to an earlier vehicle that has only the big ugly ones. would anyone want to program the big ugly type to a later one.

If it does not work as it should do, i will motivate them by having them push me and the RRS from my home to work until it is sorted Thumbs Up

ATB

Colin

Post #115614611th Sep 2013 7:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bigcol66

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

We can assume that it did work then?
A question for you then, my dealer I bought my MY10 D4 supplied me with 1 working key and one replacement key, they told me that I need a new module for the replacement key to work, would this be true?

Post #116473529th Sep 2013 6:52 pm
tomtom86

Autologic is also able to programme new fob's, did an 11MY sport last week and took a matter of minutes

Post #11662572nd Oct 2013 7:38 pm
VMatas

Poland 

So, if i decide buy D4 with only one keyless fob, i can order key fob on a eBay (without my VIN inside of course), and program it to vehicle myself without any problems?

Post #124388127th Feb 2014 10:05 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >