DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Are D4 and D3 Airbags the same??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Feis

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Are D4 and D3 Airbags the same??

Morning
Was looking at replacing my Curtain Airbags in a D4 (59) Plate. Does anyone know if if ones from a d3 are the same and will fit in a D4?
Are there any parts that can be used from a D3 in a D4 as am also looking to change other parts like seat belts, OS/F wheel arch, carpet, seats, etc
Any Suggestions will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Post #127213019th Apr 2014 3:44 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Morning Feis

While i am an advocate and provider of equipment capable of pretty much all aspects of vehicle modification, i also believe that when it comes to core safety systems like the Airbag and Braking systems that you should always stick with the origional proven standards.

I am not sure what you are trying to do or your reasons for doing so, but you should never ever put any cost saving above safety IMHO.

Post #127219719th Apr 2014 6:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Russell

United Kingdom 

There was two complete sets of D4 air bas and dash on e bay this week.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #127231019th Apr 2014 9:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Russell

United Kingdom 

This is one of them and if you look at the supplier he has the others

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAND-ROVER-DISCO...416e9b322e

eBay Item No. 281028538926
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #127231819th Apr 2014 9:56 pm
Feis

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Thank you, you all have been most helpful.
Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #127246420th Apr 2014 11:22 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

No worries Feis.
Glad to get your pm comment of my post nudging you in the right direction in this.
I know many modify their Brakes with different pads and combinations of Pads, Calipers and disks and even i would like to try out some Brembo type upgrades on my RRS, with a view to making the braking better, but at least with this you can get some indication of the affect of any modifications you make before you might encounter a situation that depends on their performance.

With Airbags, you have no idea of whether what you fitted will work or not until you really need them to work.

Russell, i have looked at the item your kindly provided Ebay link shows.
I am sure you know that i am not second guessing you and only the item's description Thumbs Up

This items description actually leaves me in some dilemna and with some question and doubt.
You see pretty much before 2010 LR parts used LR type part numbers that were three alpha charactors followed by 6 numeric digits, EG LRO500010, afterwards Ford type part number were introduced that are typically four alpha numeric digits, followed by a Hyphen then 6 alphanumeric digits followed by another hyphen and then 2 or three digits. In the part listed there is a Ford Part number quoted of 5H22-14B342-EC

I don't have much understanding about LR part numbers, but i do with the Ford ones.
And what troubles me the most with this part number is the initial digit 5 because this represents the year in which this part was first designed or re designed and a 5 means 2005.

All i am saying is that it just a bit of a contradiction for me in having a 2005 Ford Part number for a post 10 Model Land Rover part that would make me want to independantly check the Part number on other post 2010 vehicles first to make sure they match.

ATB

Colin

Post #127258620th Apr 2014 5:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >