Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > FS: Parts & Accessories

Buying warning including PayPal Gift
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Whistle I send stuff out first then get the payment as i give a tracking no never been let down yet i would just send the boys round but never an issue Thumbs Up
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication ray@rld-tech.co.uk D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #122597528th Jan 2014 6:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I welcome reminder about payment safety and I am sorry the forum has been abused in this way.

As for my experience buying and selling on the forum - well, a faultless history. People dispatch stuff before I get an opportunity to pay (including Ray); people pay before I have sent goods and people pick-up and deliver for other forum members stuff for free. A few members have sent me free stuff just for the heck of it (including Steve!).

Pretty magical experience but I would be less trusting with anyone who did not have an established track-record. As for me, I would feel guilty if I sold something to anyone which then failed or broke at some point down the line. I'm sure I am not the only one with seller's angst!

Thumbs Up
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #122600628th Jan 2014 7:09 pm
Leo Disco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Scammer operating on this site named 'scottandrewshere'

Ok i really wanted to start a new thread with this topic so everyone could see it but i have less than 25 posts maybe someone can fix that for me.

Anyway as the title suggests after i posted a wanted add on here I was PMed by this person with the email address scottandrewshere. They wanted paid by Paypal gift and i paid £47 for a rear luggage mat. Two weeks nothing arrived and they would not answer emails. Then one email saying it would take another week, still nothing. Anyway its now three weeks and they wont answer emails. Martin has said the same person is operating on the RRsport site so beware.

I am contacting the poilce / internet crime dept tomorrow.

Rich

Post #122618928th Jan 2014 10:20 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Can I just stress that the account in question has been banned, this user is not currently operating but has been and I urge everyone to be vigilant and report any suspicions to me.

Sadly certain people will always be out to spoil things for other. The trust and open nature of the forums has been taken advantage of to rip members off and I am determined that it does not happen again.

However, short of removing PM access for all I can only do this if site members are aware of the dangers.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #122622228th Jan 2014 10:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
marco 110

France 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I would point also, conversely, alot of trusted members here .. Some have even sent items before receiving my payment! Thumbs Up

But I understand Martin useful warning! Wink
 Marco.
-D4 sdv6 HSE 2012 , high beam assist , surround cam, tv , and a lot of nice stuff..

http://www.youtube.com/user/marcsteph110?feature=mhum

Ex :
-90 td 1989
-110sw td5 2000
-D3 tdv6 SE 2006

Post #122624428th Jan 2014 11:52 pm
CDS
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

I've spent well into the thousands on this forum - from items I've been sent for free by the kind members on here right through to 2 x D3's Laughing
Only ever had a problem with one £20 item going missing, which I put down to being lost in the post, I was promised a refund but it never arrived and I couldn't be bothered losing sleep over £20....
I always look at peoples post count before I send anything more than a few quid for an item. In fairness if you aren't sure, there's often a long standing member locally who will help out paying cash on collection for you Thumbs Up
Never have I found an organisation where so many good willed and kind natured and generous people exist together, but sadly there will always be a fraudster sneaking in by the back door in every walk of life Banging Head

Discovery 3/4 & RRS keys cut and programmed at your home or work
Apple CarPlay/ Android Auto retro fit - see it here
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blanking
Software updates/ enabling
Mobile Servicing & Repairs

Post #122624629th Jan 2014 12:04 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Just bumping this up.

Fortunately the overwhelming majority of transactions which take place on here are trouble free and undertaken in a way that is very different from the "worst case" I've outlined above. However I want everyone to take care when buying and to think & research the seller before sending money.

Post #12317986th Feb 2014 11:33 am
CDS
Site Sponsor 

What about some kind of 'feedback' score Martin? A bit like the 'thanks' thing that goes on on some forums, crossed with ebay feedback score.......ie if you've bought from a member then click the 'trustworthy forum member' button?? No idea of the practicalities of coding such a system though?? So long as you can only score once from another member the abuse factor would be limited??

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blanking

Post #12318196th Feb 2014 12:00 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

It is a very good idea, and one I prefer hugely over a "thanks" button, which is just lazy and a clone of Facebook Rolling Eyes

Trading/assistance feedback would be a good idea, perhaps worth a new thread in SN&F?

Post #12318206th Feb 2014 12:02 pm
CDS
Site Sponsor 

Go for it - seems more appropriate that you start the thread though Thumbs Up

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blanking

Post #12318246th Feb 2014 12:06 pm
nickprice

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I'm a member on an arcade collectiing forum and they have a feedback rating associated with the users profile - kinda like the ebay one I guess - it works really well and I always check it out when I'm buying stuff from other forum memebers on there. Also provides a useful filter for some of their opinions! Laughing
 D3 SE with Hankook MT 275/65/R18, IID BT Tool, ProSpeed rock/tree sliders + compressor guard, RLD sump guard & winch tray + 13,000lb hidden winch, Gearbox guard, Frontrunner 80l aux tank with fuel gauge, V8 brake upgrade, Traxide USI-160 dual battery system, Frontrunner ladder, custom boot storage, Lazer LED driving lights, de-cat exhaust, Aftermarket Oro TPMS, i7 Mac Mini touch screen install (running Windows 10) mirrored on rear screens.  
Post #12318256th Feb 2014 12:09 pm
MikeS2005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi All

I get so fed up hearing this on many forums theres always a few individuals that ruin it for everyone else and its very difficult to weed these people out.
It also leaves behind a trail of distrust for forum members to deal with ,as a business owner of over 22 years I now know what signs to look for as so do many others.

I personally dont trust ebay or paypal and think their fees to businesses are too steep and thats why we dont deal with them, I now only accept bank transfers, cash or payment through our electronic terminal, yes it costs us to have this but it protects a genuine customer and us more than ebay or paypal and we are paid within a few hours or a few days unlike paypal or ebay which can hold our money for 30 days.

As a genuine business a bank transfer is fine as there are no extra fees and you have all our details to transfer so theirs no hiding anything as its fully traceable in the UK.

I have had people not on here, trying to get goods delivered to different addresses not registered to their credit cards and only leaving mobile numbers but our machine normally finds them out and then I go and do some digging and if its fraudulent report them to the police.

I know of members on here that have sent goods to people and not been paid which I find shocking as these people know who they are and carry on using the forum as normal but dont answer any of your emails.

This forum has a high level of trust that isnt on most forums and we are all a very helpful bunch
It was never my intention to join to make sales,whether forum members buy from me is entirely up to them.
I joined because its the place to be if you have a D3/D4 and you need help or you just want to speak to like minded people like myself I also enjoy helping others fix their problems.

I have noticed very recently a pattern appearing that when a member posts up a wanted item there seems to be a few hours or days later the same item for sale appears, that the member is looking for now this might just be coincidence and the said forum member actually has this for sale but it might be worth checking to see how long this person has been a member on this forum.

thanks

Last edited by MikeS2005 on 6th Feb 2014 3:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #12319376th Feb 2014 3:30 pm
den2013

Austria 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

Well said MikeS2005 Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 2015 D4 HSE LUX Kaikoura Stone(sold)
2010 D4 S Commercial Santorini Black(SWMBO)(sold)
2014 Evoque Dynamic Kaikoura Stone (sold)
2013 Porsche Boxster S (Fun car)
2008 D3 HSE Java Black(sold) 

Post #12319396th Feb 2014 3:34 pm
Neil Pettersen

Re: Scammer operating on this site named 'scottandrewshere'

richroof wrote:

I am contacting the poilce / internet crime dept tomorrow.

Rich
What can they do for you ?  
Post #124086222nd Feb 2014 1:51 am
Lid

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a difference between a Paypal gift and simply paying another Paypal member using Paypal? If there is, why even consider using a Paypal gift?

Post #12643634th Apr 2014 8:26 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >