Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Atera Strada V's Thule Euroclassic G5 For 4 Bikes?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
mrandmrsh

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

simonepascale wrote:
How long does it take to load 3 bikes onto the carrier once the positions are all setup

Really very quick, quicker that wiring this email. Lift bike on, slide the main holder strap round the main bar on the bike and back into the lock, turn the key, strap the wheels using a little pull tensioner doodah on each wheel, et voila.

Repeat 3 times.

The longest time spent is finding the key cos you need to unlock and lock to fasten the main bike holding strap. My usual process: hold bike 1 in place, try and find key from various pockets, unlock and leave key in lock, fasten bike 1 in place, put key in totally random pocket, fasten bike 1's wheels, get bike 2, hold bike 2 in place, forgot which pocket key is in, search for keys, then unlock, connect and lock main holder, put key in random pocket, do bike 2's wheels, ...... repeat for bike 3 ....... you get the idea. I think the 'random pocket' bit is the issue but I always seem to do it.

simonepascale wrote:
and how long does it take to load 4 with the adapter?

No idea but when I did this bike 3 and 4 were kids bikes (age 7-ish) so I fastened bike 3 properly then ratchet strapped bike 4 through bikes 1, 2 and 3 firmly and left it at that. The 4th adaptor is in the garage somewhere untouched in 2 years.

simonepascale wrote:
We will have the fifth bike problem too, would it be better to buy the dapter for the fourth and then the fifth on the roof, or put 2 on the roof?

If 3,4 and 5 are small kids I might be tempted to strap them all and maybe put a support strap on from bikes to top of tailgate or somewhere (but probably not).

HTH
C
 2012 Defender 110 XS Utility 2.2
2012 D4 Commercial 255 8-speed, Active diff, lots of extras on order, comes Sept - ORDER CANCELLED (isn't divorce expensive....?)
2008/08 D3 HSE G4 - part exchanged for the 110
1987 110 CSW with 200 Tdi (now gone)
2007/57 D3 TDV6 HSE - NOW GONE owned 1/oct/08 to 31/dec/09
2007 Seat Altea Freetrack4 170 tdi (wife's car, wife now gone!) 

Post #6789772nd Aug 2010 7:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >