Page 2 of 2 <12
110CSW

United Kingdom 

Lets have a love in! Confused
 2014MY Discovery  
Post #51939013th Sep 2009 4:28 pm
dejongj

United Kingdom 

This is strangely enough, enough reason to upgrade to the HSE for us too....Absolutely bonkers, but the middle glove box is too low and far backwards, the armrest are perfect and we do regular 1000miles trips so it is worth it...

That and I don't like having fake LED lights that do nothing on the XS/GS
 Jean-Paul  
Post #51939613th Sep 2009 4:49 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

doleawg wrote:
110CSW............ Thumbs Up .
Ditto Thumbs Up My thoughts exactly (though I'n not fussed about the armrests) The End  
Post #51941913th Sep 2009 6:19 pm
boris

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Might be bit late on this one. But just took delivery of a D4 XS Assumed wrongly that it would have armrests. Just traded in a D3 SE which had them. Anyway was under the impresion that according to the web site it does come with armrest. http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/discovery-4/explore/xs/. Have contacted Land Rover this morning and was told that it does look like it should come with them and to contact my dealer. Contacted the dealer and after some discussion they have agreed to contact LR to confirm included or not. Not a happpy bunny. If they are not inluded then I think under the sale of good act and or consumer legislation LR are missrepresenting. If had known that they were not included then would considered other options. £42K for lower spec than you get in transit van.....!!! Sad

Post #6177139th Mar 2010 9:33 pm
2DISCO3ORNOT

Boris that would Censored me of no end. keep us posted on the outcome. Neutral

Post #6177879th Mar 2010 10:46 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Boris,

I fear that LR (presumably customer services - who are not known for the complete knowledge of the product spec) have misinformed you.

As you point out in the second sentence, you assumed wrongly. The website uses generic pictures, and if the picture you refer to on that link was that which gave you the impression, then note that the same picture is used on all D4 models at the same point....and the GS doesn't have a LCD screen.

You are not the first person to be upset that the car wasn't delivered with armrests, but that is not entirely surprising, as the boys as the factory haven't merely forgotten to fit them. With all due respect, always a good idea to check what your are buying....

With regard to the Sale of Goods Act or other consumer legislation, I'd strongly advise that you take the time to read the Terms and Conditions section of LR's own website, as well as to take note of the disclaimer in the printed brochure, before you start beating that particular drum.

Long and short - your car has been supplied to specification. One of the key reasons why I went for a D4 HSE, as opposed to the XS, with some added options, was that the seats were manual and didn't have armrests. I, too, have previously owned a D3 SE, and agree that it was perfect on specification. The fact that it is missing from the D4 model range is probably a question of marketing.

Post #61789010th Mar 2010 7:53 am
boris

Hi Winger,

I'm afraid you are probably correct. Hower under the "Sale of Goods Act 1979" goods must be supplied as described. If you have good look at the web site. Under "Choose your model" If you drill down it specifically states in several areas that "as standard with this model of D4" It even shows under interiot colour "Ebony Leather" the interior with armrests. Usinig generic pictures without making it clear that this may not be the specification it counter to the sale of goods act. Also puttiing disclaimers in small print does not absolve them from responsability to supply as described. The problem I think I will have is that under the act my contract is with the dealer. However I'm up for fight on this one as its one of the features I particularly like in this car. Anyway meeting with the dealer today to see what solution if any is offered. Will keep you posted.

Post #61792010th Mar 2010 8:55 am
davesimmons

Canada 

There was someone on the site that had them retro fitted by a company in the Midlands, looked to be a top job with a choice of leather or cloth, I remember it seemed reasonable on the price side as well Thumbs Up
 Welcome to the Global Warming Corner.  
Post #61793910th Mar 2010 9:47 am
livestronguk

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I had a quote from guy in Redditch for £180 +vat - 3 hours to fit genuine LR part. I haven't had the time to have it done yet but from the pictures I saw on this site it looked a good job. Sorry can't find the thread. PM me if you want the phone number as I'm not sure if I can post it here.

Post #61795210th Mar 2010 10:24 am
110CSW

United Kingdom 

Feel for you mate. Its the main reason I'm still in my D3 SE. D4 HSE is too much £££ for me and D4 XS is well under spec for the money.

Fingers crossed for the MY change!

Post #61816110th Mar 2010 5:26 pm
boris

Update on the "armrests" saga. Meet with the dealer last week and they have agreed to fit armrests. They have ordered the parts required and hopefully will get it done sometime this week. He does admit that they have never done this before and we are into new territory....!!!!! I also contacted trading standards and they have agreed to take up the case of LR misrepresenting what the basic specification should be. I had a conversation with LR customer service last Friday and was told that I should have ordered them when ordering the car.....!!!!! They obviously don’t know their own product. No option to fit armrest and no option to upgrade seat to electric and memory......!!!! Buy an HSE if you want these options....!!! Sad
Anyway just back from Crufts and I’m pleased with the car, it drives great and certainly gave “good” economy (29mpg) much better than the old D3. Smile Next episode due soon................!!!!!
Rolling with laughter

Post #62143115th Mar 2010 8:13 pm
boris

Arm Rests

Fight finally won......!!!!! Passenger arm rest fitted this week. Drivers was fitted about four weeks ago, some minor issue with parts for the passenger side. Any feel completely vindicated in taking the stand that I did even if it did take some time. This has only take since the 8th March. Dealer had problems getting the correct information from L/R to enable them to order the correct parts, and volcanic ash got involved somewhere along the line... They have had about four maybe five go’s to get it right. Land Rover did change the web site to reflect the fact the XS did not have arm rest as standard as we had been led to believe. Anyway Job done. Very Happy

Post #6797954th Aug 2010 11:55 pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Feel exactly the same... LR don't currently offer a model I'm interested in the xs feels basic in comparison to an SE... If you spec electric seats you get arm rests... 800 quid extra.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6

Post #6798295th Aug 2010 7:47 am
zig

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Agreed "XS feels basic in comparison to an SE"

Ok with the 2011 model year you can now for an extra £800 specify electric seats and get arm rests. However, unlike the SE they are without memory.

On the SE I have Xenons came as standard - on an XS a £695 option.

Post #6799325th Aug 2010 12:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >