Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 24 of 32 <123 ... 232425 ... 303132>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Time for expensive maintenance. Brand new handbrake unit going on tomorrow. My insurance also called on Friday, the other parties insurance actually decided not to go any further with her claim and in fact cancelled her policy completely, this has lead my insurance company to try and do a 50/50 fault claim, of which I told them I will not accept any fault when a car reversed into the side of me.

But they said, had it not have been written off twice already in its life, it would just be repaired, and that the quote I obtained was actually a lot cheaper than there engineers had estimated, so I will be getting a call tomorrow to discuss this further, I have told them that of course, I will be buying the car back, no matter what. So will have to wait and see what happens. Either way it isn't the end of the story for me with this Discovery.

Post #22399744th Jul 2021 9:59 pm
disco-nut

Had the old beast valeted inside and out, inside was long overdue. Very happy for the money it cost. Sadly tomorrow, I am hoping to get the outside muddy as hell Very Happy We shall see though as I will have a trailer in tow.

Post #224126510th Jul 2021 9:47 pm
disco-nut

Well, I have cleared some cars, and after winning some money on a one off bet on a sport I can't stand, I treated myself to another toy (not for sale Rolling with laughter ), Bought myself a BMW 5 Series 2.5 Diesel manual.

For now, I have left my Discovery with Dartford Transmissions for some maintenance jobs. And I gave in and scrapped the Fiesta. Still got the Golf though. Still awaiting the outcome of the insurance claim as I put in a formal complaint.

Post #224193215th Jul 2021 8:55 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Oh dear, I hope your new acquisition is not going to lead to nil use of your indicators Laughing
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #224193615th Jul 2021 9:17 pm
disco-nut

I drive many BMW's and Audi's for customers after they are repaired, I forgot what indicators were for months ago Rolling with laughter

Post #224193815th Jul 2021 9:34 pm
disco-nut

Had to grab my Discovery for a job today, the steering has become unbearable to drive, the UJ has had it, so taking the car back to where I left it before ready for the ramps and ordering LR071146 tomorrow ready to fit. My insurance company are once again dragging there heels. So the Discovery is off the road from tomorrow.

Post #224280721st Jul 2021 6:39 pm
disco-nut

Handbrake repair in progress, the old unit is off, supposedly new last year, No way. Motor was burned out on it and it was old. But what is even worse, is the fact that actuators are currently not available due to a back order. So my car is now off the road in bits until I track one down Shocked so I know what I am doing in the morning. Somehow I think I will have a phone imprinted on my ear afterwards. Ordered the lower steering rack joint with the UJ on it, that is due to arrive on Monday, the front diff is getting fresh oil in it as well. But not sad that I am currently stuck using my BMW Laughing But do miss my Disco.

Post #224297022nd Jul 2021 7:54 pm
garfield2

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

Is that the camera angle or is your disco about to drop off the 2 post to the left

Regards
Martin
 Discovery 4.5 HSE 2015 MY
Discovery 3 SE 2007 MY gone with spinning journals 

Post #224297722nd Jul 2021 8:31 pm
DWDG

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Nice car, shame about the double yellow lines - BMW’s feel right at home on those.

disco-nut wrote:
Well, I have cleared some cars, and after winning some money on a one off bet on a sport I can't stand, I treated myself to another toy (not for sale Rolling with laughter ), Bought myself a BMW 5 Series 2.5 Diesel manual.

For now, I have left my Discovery with Dartford Transmissions for some maintenance jobs. And I gave in and scrapped the Fiesta. Still got the Golf though. Still awaiting the outcome of the insurance claim as I put in a formal complaint.
 2007 Discovery 3 HSE Lugano Teal
2011 BMW 520d Touring Sophisticato Grey
2000 Porsche Boxster 2.7 Arena Red
2002 Porsche 911 3.6 C4 Cabriolet Artic Silver - sold last year
1987 Porsche 944S Black - sold last year
2006 Discovery 3 HSE Buckingham Blue - sold last year
2012 Ford Grand CMax Panther Black (wife’s) wish we’d sold that instead! 

Post #224302623rd Jul 2021 8:15 am
disco-nut

Back in my L322 V8 as a daily as my D3 is still sat waiting for a gap between customers. Annoyingly, all the parts have arrived!

Post #224420029th Jul 2021 9:36 pm
disco-nut

Discovery's mechanicals were fixed last week, but nowhere to park it at the moment and I left the keys for my L322 at work and couldn't be bothered to fetch them, so my D3 is now parked with my D2 at my parents for a week. New steering UJ (genuine LR) and Genuine handbrake module fitted, totally different car to drive. Had it valeted professionally and will be back in use in a month or so. For now it is just a tow car. Hoping my insurance company get off of there backsides and make a decision on my claim soon too. Either way, I want to get the bodywork fixed asap. Oh, and got myself a summer toy Rolling with laughter NOT For Sale! Rolling with laughter just an addition to the car collection. Manual V6 3.0 petrol Audi Convertible.

Post #224672415th Aug 2021 6:16 pm
disco-nut

Insurance finally made a decision, they are paying for my Discovery to be repaired. Can't wait. Very Happy

Post #224740719th Aug 2021 8:38 pm
disco-nut

Today, I replaced the tailgate actuator and catch and also fitted wind deflectors and gave the car a clean, as we are going on a road trip for our wedding anniversary Sunday.

Post #225082911th Sep 2021 10:24 pm
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Happy aniversary to you both Very Happy
 Andrew

D3 2.7tdv6 2005
D4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial died and gone to LR heaven
D5 3.0 SDV6 HSE 

Post #225086512th Sep 2021 7:22 am
disco-nut

Had a great 15th Wedding Anniversary thanks. Went on a 340 mile road trip, stopped at several locations, Felixstowe Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth to name a few. Really enjoyed the touristy feel at Great Yarmouth and loved how pretty Felixstowe was. Over 8 hours actually driving, but out for nearly 11 hours. And only half a tank of fuel used too. I was very impressed with that. And could definitely feel the small play in the steering, which I am fixing on Wednesday. And another new issue is it has started smoking badly under acceleration, (too much air in the fuel), think I have a boost leak somewhere.

But todays jobs included getting my 5 series into BMW for recall work which has turned out to be extensive and has needed to stay there for a couple of days Rolling with laughter and the Seat Ibiza needs to be finished, and also going to use my anniversary present of a snow foam attachment for the pressure washer to give the Discovery a good clean after yesterday's adventure.

1 more day off, and glad I took today and tomorrow off given the fact that the poor excuse of air breathers chose to endanger everyone on my normal commute route. Glad I didn't get stuck in that situation.

Oh, and my wind deflectors came, so fitted them on Saturday.

Post #225109013th Sep 2021 1:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 24 of 32 <123 ... 232425 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >