Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 23 of 32 <123 ... 222324 ... 303132>
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi disco-nut, as you have been near the D3 catalytic converter Laughing , do you think it would be easy for a thief to cut it off ?......I know it is above a panel, but not much seems to stop these scum. Had 2 cars ‘done’ in our neighbourhood last week 😩 Not any of ours thankfully.
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #22345106th Jun 2021 2:32 pm
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Fairly easy if they just simply cut it out, unfortunately.

Post #22345506th Jun 2021 7:47 pm
disco-nut

discovery3ski wrote:
My wife says three Alfa’s is too many but I’m going to make her read this thread and she will surely think I’m fine.

You can tell your Mrs, I say just give up trying Rolling with laughter I now have 2 Golf's, 1 L322, 1 Smart Car, 1 Polo, 1 Meriva, 2 D3's and briefly a Micra for about an 10 minutes, but as soon as I told a mate about the Micra, he bought it off me for exactly what I paid for it.

Polo was an impulse buy but I have booked it in to be scrapped later this week on my day off. Friday I find out if I am getting a silver Discovery 3 that I was meant to be getting before, and if that does happen, then I will be selling my blue Discovery project on. I am selling my green golf on now the logbook issue is sorted as it isn't fast enough for me, not advertising it on here though.

Post #22345516th Jun 2021 7:53 pm
disco-nut

Carbon clean done today. Always been a skeptic on this subject, but as preventative maintenance as apposed to trying to cure a problem is fine. Made 1 hell of a difference. Glad I had it done.

Post #22351499th Jun 2021 7:22 pm
ruben
D3 Decade 

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

disco-nut wrote:
Carbon clean done today. Always been a skeptic on this subject.

...I too!! so...Can you please elaborate a bit more on what you call a big difference? many
Thank you!!
 lost in translation!  
Post #22351949th Jun 2021 10:58 pm
disco-nut

Despite my D3 being remapped, EGR’s deleted and cat removed and my car being very very quick, after the carbon clean, I found my car picks up speed quicker as there was a lag on boost for acceleration that I thought was normal before this, the engine is smoother and quieter, my mpg figure has jumped up 7mpg so far around town but I drove like a knob on the motorway so only a 4mpg gain with foot down 😂 also there was a typical horrible fumey smell that diesels give off and now it doesn’t. Needless to say, I am making this part of my every 2 year maintenance for all my cars from now on. The carbon clean is the one through the air system, not like the terra clean which is through the injectors.

Post #223521410th Jun 2021 6:57 am
CongoBoy

Zimbabwe 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Just out of interest, what was the cost and where did you get it done?
I've heard about carbon cleaning but never paid much attention!
 2008 D3 HSE Stornoway Grey (UK)
2008 D3 HSE Izmir Blue- South African Spec. (Zimbabwe)
2005 FFRR SC V8- Java Black
1995 D1 300 Tdi Blue - (Sourced from the UK, shipped to Namibia, driven by me to RD Congo, then Zambia, now retired in Zimbabwe) 

Post #223521710th Jun 2021 7:15 am
ruben
D3 Decade 

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

understood! Thank you so much!
 lost in translation!  
Post #223521910th Jun 2021 7:17 am
disco-nut

CongoBoy wrote:
Just out of interest, what was the cost and where did you get it done?
I've heard about carbon cleaning but never paid much attention!

£50, Dartford Transmissions & Autocare LTD for the Carbon clean.

Post #223522410th Jun 2021 7:33 am
CongoBoy

Zimbabwe 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks!
I'll spend the evening with a beer and google to see what this carbon clean is all about!!
 2008 D3 HSE Stornoway Grey (UK)
2008 D3 HSE Izmir Blue- South African Spec. (Zimbabwe)
2005 FFRR SC V8- Java Black
1995 D1 300 Tdi Blue - (Sourced from the UK, shipped to Namibia, driven by me to RD Congo, then Zambia, now retired in Zimbabwe) 

Post #223534410th Jun 2021 4:08 pm
disco-nut

Decided it was time to get a new EPB, so used my garage cover on my AA policy Laughing So Monday the admin work will be done, and as soon as that is approved and there is a spare time slot on the ramps, my car will have a brand new EPB fitted. I went down the used route, and sadly it only lasted a couple of weeks, so this time, time for a brand new one. Next month I plan on fitting a brand new air suspension compressor. I have also got the bodyshop on standby to make the paintwork immaculate again.

In the mean time, Green golf sold, and the Smart Car has just made it to the stage where it is ready for an MOT, so starting some point next week, I will be using that as a commuter car until I sell it.

Post #223563812th Jun 2021 11:32 am
disco-nut

Well, the weekend which was going to involve lunch at the beach, walking my dog and some light laning, turned into lunch, a quick walk and I bought another car and a towing dolly Whistle Rolling with laughter

My Golf is currently in the garage with suspected cracked rockers, and I bought a Fiesta on Sunday that I collected on Monday evening which was going to be booked straight in for scrapping, but the 30 mile drive home was actually fun, and my neighbour moaned that despite me leaving enough room to get a bus out of the space, that he struggled to get his van out and demanded I park it the other side of my drive, of which I said no Rolling with laughter but gave half a car length extra to let him get out, I decided I was in a bad enough mood to insure the car permanently and from Monday / Tuesday next week, I will start using it and doing it up. Currently between the Smart car and the Discovery as my daily driver.

I am hoping that my Discovery is going to remain as trouble free as possible as well, as I am taking a road trip to the Peak District to visit a friend this weekend.

Insurance company are looking to repair my car, rather than write it off at the moment. Got to clarify some information with me tomorrow / Thursday. Then they will make a final decision.

Despite an ignorant neighbour I no longer like who is moving in February (I am counting the days), life is currently definitely on the up again.

Life has thrown me back in a direction I never thought I would go again, but seems to be benefitting me greatly in many ways, I don't feel like I am working at work because it is something I love doing surrounding be people I like with the exception of 1. I am no longer having to consider thinning my car collection for financial reasons, but should really for practical reasons Whistle Rolling with laughter and I am hoping within 4 weeks, that I will have an Auto Discovery in my fleet of cars.

I will be getting rid of the Golf and the Blue D3 if I get this Silver one.

There really isn't enough hours in the day and I don't have enough energy to get everything I want done.

Yes, I know, the Fiesta looks awful, which is why I love it.

Post #223773822nd Jun 2021 9:24 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

You seem to have your 'dealer' head back on. Laughing
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #223774022nd Jun 2021 9:44 pm
disco-nut

I wish I had time to go back into car sales properly. But too busy with everyone elses cars. Barely had time to get mine in for a 2 minute job today Laughing

Post #223792623rd Jun 2021 7:06 pm
disco-nut

Did 500 miles on £85 of premium diesel at £1.257 a litre, hard driving with a failing front diff and lots of city driving as well on my trip to the midlands. But the car didn't miss a beat. I have also picked up some LED spot lights which will be fitted at some point. Then Monday, I was diagnosed with a condition that apparently I have had my whole life and I am having to spend nearly £300 for a device to shove in my mouth to make my life better Rolling with laughter And today, I started using the Fiesta as a daily driver, and then a mate asked me if I would be interested in buying a Skoda Superb, told me the price, and well.... bought that as well Rolling with laughter not brought it home yet though.

Next week the Discovery is getting some serious love on the ramps with a new handbrake module.

And for now, my insurance company are dragging there heals with my car.

Post #223908929th Jun 2021 9:02 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 23 of 32 <123 ... 222324 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >