Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 22 of 32 <123 ... 212223 ... 303132>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Absolutely FUUUUUUUMING. Still in shock to be honest, while I was carefully and slowly reversing, a stupid old woman in a Honda Civic reversed out of her space into the back side of my Discovery Censored Censored Censored Censored Censored

Damage is minimal on both cars, but she had the audacity to try and say it was my fault, then said she was looking the other direction. I am not planning on putting this incident through the insurance as I am fairly confident that the damage on the paint on my car will simply polish out and small section of bumper on the side by the wheel arch is only a small scrape. Happened within the last hour. No injuries, unfortunately I hadn't fitted my new front and rear dash cam yet, but that is now taking priority tomorrow.

What is wrong with people? Randomly burst into tears! Although it doesn't help that I had my 2nd vaccination today this morning either.

I am glad I actually had my Mum with me as she is like a pit bull with stuff like this.

If the woman tries to make a claim, then I will make a claim myself, if she doesn't, I won't bother.

Post #223214824th May 2021 2:56 pm
disco-nut

Investigated the damage closer, it has damaged the wheel arch trim and slightly popped it off, dented, scuffed and scratched the rear quarter panel and damaged the rear bumper on the side. So as it was not my fault and the car is already a 2 times Cat N, it can't hurt the value any further Laughing so I have put in a claim with my insurance as it is a non fault. If they write it off, without hesitation, I will buy it back. So when the claim is finished, I will get the body work all sorted professionally and get it looking superb.

Post #223225024th May 2021 7:18 pm
N5Fav

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

You don't have much luck with the body work / paint work damage on the Tonga one do you? Sad
Have been breaking mirrors or something? Very Happy
 1994 Defender 300tdi 110 commercial
2007 Disco 2.7 XS Buckingham Blue
1959 Standard 10 Coffe & Cream
1974 Vauxhall Magnum 1800 estate Olivine Starfire Green
1994 Renault 19 Cabrio
1995 Kawasaki GPz 1100 

Post #223237625th May 2021 1:21 pm
disco-nut

Rolling with laughter the luck side of things depends on how you look at it. If my car gets written off again, then I get a pay out. So not really bothered to be honest.

But on a plus side, my insurance have been in touch, they class it as a non fault, and they are now waiting for the other insurance company to respond, then it will be assessed, but they are looking more likely at repairing it. Either way, I don't mind. Would prefer the write off route. But the Discovery is still having other work done as I am keeping it anyway.

Post #223246425th May 2021 9:22 pm
disco-nut

Insurance company decided to ask me to obtain an estimate, so I did, It was looked at while I wasn't around through a 3rd party and have been told the estimate is going to be around £2000, not sure the exact figure, but to put it back to how it should be, the dent isn't smooth enough to pull out, so a rear quarter panel, paint, bumper, wheel arch trim and labour. I believe if this is the case, the insurance company will more than likely stick another CAT N on this beast. They are awaiting the estimate from me before they put the estimate over to the other parties insurance. But the car has officially been deemed safe to drive by a garage which I had to do to make them happy, so I can use it again.

Post #223285327th May 2021 11:13 pm
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Blimey those body shops push up the prices, i have seen worse damage than that repaierd by the Hitman for a couple of hundred
 Andrew

D3 2.7tdv6 2005
D4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial died and gone to LR heaven
D5 3.0 SDV6 HSE 

Post #223286828th May 2021 6:27 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Same. There are some good dent companies out there that really wouldn't be phased by that.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #223288628th May 2021 9:02 am
ronnie12342003

United Kingdom 

and we all wonder why our insurance goes up each year i have customers who only want a quote that rights of there vehicle they get told to go some where else Censored takers

Post #223299028th May 2021 7:37 pm
disco-nut

For those who think they can tell how repairable and how easy the repair should be, here are the facts, 1. I use to run a body shop so already knew the answers, 2. Because the dent isn’t smooth, it is a gouge, it would need filler and spraying. I am not willing or prepared to have filler anywhere on my car. This has also been stated by 3 accident repair centres as I had to obtain quotes. The ONLY way to put this back to how it was prior to the lady reversing into my car is actually to replace the entire rear quarter panel.

If the incident had been my fault, I would have swallowed my pride, lived with damage to the quarter panel but tidied it a bit and replaced the bumper and arch trim. I have not asked anyone to inflate prices, I have simply asked for estimates. Yes I am hopingit does get written off, so I can buy it back and fix it again and carry on using it.

Post #223320330th May 2021 7:21 am
disco-nut

After a long but awesome morning into early afternoon of playing with my car on the ramps, the broken cat was finally removed and Decat pipe fitted. Flexi on the cat was shot to bits. Then noticed my tyre was to the cords, so stopped at my favourite tyre shop who kindly informed me that they only had 1 expensive tyre left for that size, so made the decision to get larger tyres fitted. Went from 275/40/20 to 275/45/20 all round. This made a big positive difference to ride quality. So I felt the extra expense was worth it. I will be repeating this decision on my Range Rover too soon. Also discovered that an animal, probably a fox, has been chewing my exhaust rubber 😂

Today I have to ignore my Discovery though as I need to fix the Meriva as it is losing 3.5 litres of oil every 400 miles

Post #223320430th May 2021 7:34 am
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Blimey do you have to drive with the bonnet open and somebody just pouring the oil in?
 Andrew

D3 2.7tdv6 2005
D4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial died and gone to LR heaven
D5 3.0 SDV6 HSE 

Post #223320930th May 2021 8:15 am
disco-nut

Got onto to dealing with the Meriva yesterday, turns out, it didn't have a major oil leak at all Shocked It hadn't lost any oil that I could tell, just the sensor saying it had. (Faulty sensor), So my partner had waaaaaaaaaaaay over filled the oil in the engine, luckily not driven too far, so drained it all out and serviced the car and put the correct amount of oil in it. I am taking a precaution though of changing the rocker gasket and will change the oil sensor. But will get it up on the ramps in 2 weeks time and get a proper look at everything.

But today, I treated the entire fleet of cars that are at my house to a snow foam wash. Sort of wish I hadn't though as it has revealed the worst of the damage which looks even worse now Big Cry

I will be chasing my insurance company on Thursday if I haven't heard anything as well as I want to get the claim over and done with.

Next weekend I am actually planning on doing a deep interior clean. But this week I am concentrating on combining my new job with my business as I have just purchased top end diagnostics that covers all vehicles, and now do vehicle remapping as well.

Post #223339631st May 2021 9:39 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Shocked Blimey! There are three drivers in my family with 6 vehicles. Thought I was doing well but you put me to shame. Laughing
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #223340831st May 2021 11:19 pm
disco-nut

The Meriva is my partners car for work, I also have a blue D3 still, but in storage, and a black Smart ForFour project which is parked out the back of my work although thankfully I have great colleagues and friends who have been tinkering with ForFour when I wasn’t looking, the rear door that didn’t open, magically fixed itself 😂 just glow plugs and rear wiper motor to sort on that next, then clean it and put it in for its mot. Then will use it as my commuter car while I advertise it for sale. Still trying to resolve the V5 issue on the green golf, but for now have been using it on borrowed trade plates. And currently back on to potentially buying a silver D3 I was looking at before. That deal may take 6 weeks to come into play though as there are complicated circumstances surrounding that vehicle.

Post #22334191st Jun 2021 8:11 am
discovery3ski

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

My wife says three Alfa’s is too many but I’m going to make her read this thread and she will surely think I’m fine.
 Discovery 3 tdv6 HSE 2007
Alfa GTV CUP
Alfa 156 JTS
Alfa Spider TS
Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Volvo XC70 

Post #22345016th Jun 2021 2:58 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 22 of 32 <123 ... 212223 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >