DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Zermatt Silver or Izmir Blue????????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kevster

Ireland 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Zermatt Silver or Izmir Blue????????

I just ordered my '07 TDV6 S+ for January delivery Very Happy
Went for Zermatt Silver with Ebony Leather.
Could'nt resist adding the Alpine Roof and Rear PDC.
Leather, Cruise control and 18" alloys now standard on the S+ in Ireland 8)

Anyway there is a new '07 colour for the Discovery that has also been made available on the Range Rover and Freelander2 - "Izmir Blue"

I only got to see the colour card in the dealers - no cars in stock in this shade - and was given a Freelander2 brochure which has a 1-inch square sample - hard to decide from that what it will look life on a car. The salesman said he had a RR in this shade last week (now sold) that was very nice indeed.

I'm seriously thinking of changing to this colour (I always go for silver for my cars!) but not before I see some photos of same - anybody?
 '11 SDV6 Discovery 4  
Post #986333rd Nov 2006 5:18 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

This colour isn't shown yet on the LR site.
I've got silver. I would prefer a different colour now as there are too many silver D3s about and it would be nice to be a bit different.
 Matt  
Post #986583rd Nov 2006 5:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kevster

I agree. Nothing wrong with Silver but over here it seems to be "the" colour for a Discovery. Just rang the dealer and to change to a car with the Ebony interior rather than Alpaca which they have on order in that colour will bring the build date to January with a February/March delivery Crying or Very sad

I need Ebony with the kids so will likely stay with Silver if that is the case........ was hoping to post that the first ever Izmir Blue Disco order for this particular dealership was now complete! Laughing

As you say its not showing on any LR websites yet and the "All New" Discovery brochure in the dealsrship is still showing Zambezi silver as the silver option.

I think the preview at this link of a Freelander2 is in Izmir Blue.......
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1584/la...2183uq.jpg
 '11 SDV6 Discovery 4  
Post #986653rd Nov 2006 6:18 pm
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Does it take 2 months for them to ship a a D3 90 miles?
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #986923rd Nov 2006 8:01 pm
Baldrick

Ireland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

LR Ireland very slow. When Jag advise a car is shipped the dealer sees it in about 2 days. LR takes about 3 weeks to do the same journey. LR go to NVD in rosslare first. LR Ireland are not the nicest people to deal with apparantly.
 2007 MY Irish spec S+ TDV6  
Post #987474th Nov 2006 12:24 am
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Ah, had only thought commercials went through NVD for conversion. I knew LR Ireland orders took quite a lot longer than UK orders, but I never realised that the delay was made up of shipping/transit/etc. I've heard some stories about LR Ireland too... Most of the dealers seem nice though. First big test for my local dealer coming up in a little over a week. My D3 gets its first Irish service (30K), and I've given them a list of stuff to do under warranty, quoting the relevent TSBs, and suggesting what parts they order (even supplying part numbers!), so I'll be most upset if they tell me they need me to come back next week due to having to order parts, etc!

Quite a few people on the forum here in the UK have picked up their D3s just a few days after they roll off the production line!

UK dealers can change the spec of a car within a few days of the build date if they're bothered enough without changing delivery time.
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #989135th Nov 2006 1:14 am
kevster

Thanks folks.
I'm going to ring the dealer tomorrow - spending almost €70k on this motor so I think I may as well go for the colour I want delay or.I can't understand why it being very early November now there could'nt be a car built to spec. and delivered before the end of January - i.e. 3 months.

bkehoe, let us Irish guys know how your dealers performs - hope it all goes according to your expectations....
 '11 SDV6 Discovery 4  
Post #989895th Nov 2006 8:19 pm
Brucehun

South Africa 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
Izmir Blue

Kevster,could you please describe the type of blue Izmir is?

Post #998178th Nov 2006 1:14 pm
LR Dealer

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have just double checked the latest from LR for both the D3 & RRS, no mention of Izmir Blue, as far as I can see it is a Freelander 2 exclusive colour.
I will be happy to be proved wrong, having just seen Izmir Blue on many Freelander 2s at their launch event, they lokked brilliant, like a grown up Icelandic Blue!! Combined with Ebony leather it will look superb. Very Happy

Post #998598th Nov 2006 3:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kevster

I've only see Izmir Blue on 6 x 2 inch panel at the dealer......on Friday was told this was a new shade for '07 for all LR models.

I think it is similar (possibly not as dark a shade though) to this Mercedes colour: http://www.regvardy.com/osi/used_cars_merc...14502.html

When I spoke to the dealer again yesterday he said Land Rover had changed all their Izmir blue Discovery orders to Buckingham blue.....so maybe its not actaully available on a Disco and there was a misunderstanding. Time will tell as if I can get a December build in Izmir/Ebony I will go with that.

If not, I have my name on an October build in Silver with the Ebony interior. I think the other Discovery blue colours are mostly dark shades and look better with the lighter Alpaca interior which I don't want.
 '11 SDV6 Discovery 4  
Post #998978th Nov 2006 4:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >