Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D4)

Yet another turbo actuator question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
therso

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Yet another turbo actuator question

I've searched and searched for the thread that includes photos of how to access the turbo actuator rod to clean and lubricate it but just can't find it. I remember reading about putting the vehicle in off-road and turning the wheels hard left. Then there is a plate to remove. Well I can see an alloy plate secured by two (three?) nuts but I'm unsure whether this is the one to remove. I'd really appreciate some direction.

Post #192499311th Mar 2018 5:18 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Not done it on a D4 but that is how to get in there on a D3 - I found it easier to remove the wheel to do it as it gives a lot more room

Taped a small tube to a long metal Barbecue skewer and sprayed copious amounts of penetrating oil down it onto the actuator and used another to hook around the end of the actuator to work it until it freed up

My car had been stood for 6 weeks and the problem manifested after this on its first good run afterwards, constantly going to limp mode when faced with a hill or overtaking situation (not great around the Yorkshire Moors)

Took two goes as i didn't work it enough and used WD40 at first attempt so problem reappeared after 100 or so miles as the lubricant didn't really stay around

Didnt have any further problems after the second time as i did it for longer and used GT85 which seemed to keep doing its job for 100,000 miles after
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #192501811th Mar 2018 6:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >