Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Yesterdays Drive Home
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Mike40

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3
Yesterdays Drive Home

Was every plank with a driving license out on the roads in Cardiff and Newport yesterday afternoon??? Shocked

My drive home was a nightmare of dithering f*rts and idiots who had clearly left their brains in a biscuit tin under their beds....I had more near misses in those 12 miles than I normally endure in a couple of months of the same journey Evil or Very Mad
 ------------------------------
"Ruby" Rimini Red
Rimini Red 06MY TDV6 S
Xenons, Bright Pack, Climate Pack,
BAS Magic Box and Remap
ITG Air Filter
ERG's Blanked (Woody32)
Huge Permagrin

Suzuki GSX1400, Triumph Daytona 1200, Yamaha RD500LC, Norton 850 Commando, MV Agusta 1090 Brutale, Honda Hornet 900, Honda 600 Tansalp, Matchless 750, AJS 650CSR......plus very understanding wife! 

Post #48354918th Jun 2009 1:06 pm
WaznotWas

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Maybe they just came down from the valley's to do their weekly shopping at Asda..............oh and to annoy you Rolling with laughter
 FORECAST FOR TONIGHT: things have happened out there!!!
The countryside is still OURS!!
Club 3 Musketeers, Club D3C, Club Midland CB, Club Vertex PMR, Club GNVP Sump Plate, Club GNVP Sliders, Club Uncle Ray Spare Wheel Protector, Club Smooth Steering Wheel, Club McStuckie
07 HSE Z Silver, black leather, Black RRS badges,
19" anthracite wheels - off, 18" Silver / General AT2's - on,
300 TDI Disco 1 - Sheltering the lawn! 

Post #48355418th Jun 2009 1:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

hmmm... in Newport tomorrow....

I best watch out
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #48359018th Jun 2009 2:00 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PeanutBob

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Hmm...Newport. Quite a few years ago, I was driving a wagon into Newport when a Rover 2000 came hurtling down the hill, crossed over, in mid air, a set of lights on red, as the car had hit a pavement, and then launched itself into the cab of my truck. I was left holding the steering wheel with the cab demolished, plus my bemused Springer Spaniel was in the footwell on the passenger side, fortunately unharmed. All the owner of the wrecked Rover 2000, which was obviously his pride and joy could say (in a very Welsh lilt) was : "oooh look at me luvly car.." whilst his wife was spreadeagled on the pavement with blood oozing from her forehead. Apparently his false leg got trapped on the accelerator rather than the brake which caused the car to speed up rather than decelerate! My main problem was that, waiting for a lift home in torrential rain, I couldn't get a drink or anything to eat with a very wet and bedraggled spaniel in tow, so eventually the police relkented and looked after the dog, whilst I went in search of a curry and a pint late in the evening. However, when my lift appeared the dog was nowhere to be had. The police had taken him, by mistake, to the dog pound somewhere near Cardiff, so by 1 am in the morning they fetched a rather shaken spaniel back to tne station, and we set off back to Liverpool. The only reason I was driving a truck in Newport was because 2 days earlier I had been driving another truck to Memory Lane Cakes in Cardiff which blew up in Ross on Wye, so I had to get towed in torrential rain from Ross to Cardiff to deliver the coconut. When I got there, after being shunted in and out of the loading bay I went in search of a pint and a curry, eventually reaching a fairly awful pub after a mile, in a deluge, which was surrounded by police, who wouldn't let me in as there was a major fight going on inside. So,I trudged to another pub a mile away again, had a pint and then got curry and chips which was heavily diluted by the incessant rain.
We then had to send 2 vehicles back down, in fog, to retrieve the 2 broken trucks and we got stopped twice on the way down as it was early on a Sunday when trucks are not normally out.

I don't want to go there again.

Post #48381018th Jun 2009 10:07 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Newport born and bred ...though have lived in the South East over the last 14 years.

Reminiscing:

Lloyds then The Cotton Club and then onto Cinderella Rockefeller for eyeing up the totty ....out at 1am down to the Alamo fish bar for gravy and chips ...then take your seat for the fighting 8)

Going to TJ's to see some band that I'd never heard of who went on to sell millions

Listening to a chap tell his wife...... "I'm goin down the feckin pub ...for a feckin pint ....alrite " Laughing

Oh how I miss it all Big Cry
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021 

Last edited by DG on 18th Jun 2009 10:53 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #48382818th Jun 2009 10:27 pm
PeanutBob

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I think you have to draw a line somewhere..Llandrindod Wells, Builth Wells etc are quite nice, but I'd head back into England after that as it's well dodgy going south after that. I passed by Tintern Abbey last Xmas with dreadful flu for info.

Post #48383618th Jun 2009 10:43 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I could draw some parallels with much of England too ...but I wouldn't want to offend any more people than I usually do Whistle Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #48384518th Jun 2009 10:55 pm
SN

Back on topic - Stornaway Freelander 2 BG58 BTZ was being driven by a complete jerk on the 50mph section of the M4 through Newport today - seems that the 60mph I was doing in the outside lane was not fast enough for him - I think he was trying to get close enough to read MY speedo never mind his own - to$$er Evil or Very Mad

No freel2.com sticker anywhere but I have posted this over there anyway Whistle
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #48392419th Jun 2009 9:39 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >