Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

xenons withAFS retro fit advice please.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
andy.p

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
xenons withAFS retro fit advice please.

I have just got a pair of xenons XBC500102 & XBC500112 off ebay and put them in place of my old halogen headlights, did the reset on my iid for the xenons and set up the cornering lights now working but the dip beam seems very high, I have seen videos on YT on how to adjust normal halogens but can only find the little circle on the lens on the main beam, looked at loads of theads re adjustment on here before asking for help. 1 do you only adjust the main beams via the screws on the back of light unit, 2 I asume these are AFS xenons and should self adjust but will the do it on my D3? I did read somewhere some of the functions wont work, is that correct and if so what dosent work, 3 if the adjustment is done using the little dots on main beam lens for height can anyone tell me the settings for both sides (below the drop off pattern) and at what distance from wall? Thanks in advance, Andy.p.

Post #21043277th Dec 2019 5:13 pm
Admirable

Ukraine 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Re cornering, check for red wire pin 4

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/xenon-afs-c...p;start=15

Post #21043497th Dec 2019 7:15 pm
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

check they are correctly located on the pins the sliders lock them to ... it's remarkably easy to have them sat just forward of the correct slot, so that the slider goes behind the light unit. still feels solid but is pointing several degrees too high.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #21043587th Dec 2019 8:31 pm
andy.p

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks Admirable, the cornering lights work fine, what I realy need to know is the hight the beams should be and if I make the adjustment using the circle on the main beam lens as the reference point for the height adjustment, I checked the light patten last night and noticed one xenon has a blue line at the top of the patten so think I will invest in 2 new matched bulbs, as discovered one of the H7 main beams was over heated with a bubble in it and blackened glass so put my nightbreakers in and now much better.
Thanks Hardware for the advice on the locater sliders, as a rule I tend to check the gap between the light unit and wing now as as you say the bottom pin sometimes does not locate correctly but in ths case it's fine I just think the last owner of the lights must have been playing around a bit as theres no way it would have got through a MOT on the way they were adjusted, also double checked the bulbs were seated correctly too. I will just have to pop into my local MOT station to get them alligned perfecly.

Post #21044248th Dec 2019 9:41 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >